Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2024 12:22:16 AM EDT
Searching for one. Do the aftermarket Glock gen 5 slim frame ext. stops work in the gen 3 Micro frames ?
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a good question.

They should. Both guns are not ambi.

But not sure. Haven't played with a psa micro yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Ghost inc ESR Glock slimline extended slide release I got in a deal that I haven't listed.  

If I think I can install it in my Micro Dagger frame without buggering it up, I'll let you guys know. I'm probably going to list the frame in the EE at some point, so I don't want to risk messing it up.  

It feels better than the G48, but still not quite what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:35:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
I have a Ghost inc ESR Glock slimline extended slide release I got in a deal that I haven't listed.  

If I think I can install it in my Micro Dagger frame without buggering it up, I'll let you guys know. I'm probably going to list the frame in the EE at some point, so I don't want to risk messing it up.  

View Quote

Install it DavidY. Inquiring minds want to know. Shouldn't have to mess with your frame other than pushing the block pin out. Either it fits or it doesn't.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nomad221:

Install it DavidY. Inquiring minds want to know. Shouldn't have to mess with your frame other than pushing the block pin out. Either it fits or it doesn't.

Thank you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thank you.

Urethra!!! It fits!!!

No live fire, but locked back on two older PSA Micro Dagger 15rd magazines just fine.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

More photos at this link.

https://imgur.com/a/0iktqL7

Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Urethra!!! It fits!!!

No live fire, but locked back on two older PSA Micro Dagger 15rd magazines just fine.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20240207_121550283_HDR_jpg-3121232.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/551633/IMG_20240207_121448209_jpg-3121233.JPG

More photos at this link.

https://imgur.com/a/0iktqL7

View Quote

You are the man DavidY. I'm going to pick up a Vickers as I prefer them.

Thank you again.

I'll follow up after installing the Vickers G43 stop.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]

You are the man DavidY. I'm going to pick up a Vickers as I prefer them.

Thank you again.

I'll follow up after installing the Vickers G43 stop
View Quote

Definitely interested in this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By sandboxmedic:

View Quote

Fits great like it was made for it. Go spend money
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:32:00 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Good to know, just need my gun back from PSA and then I can mod it.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

What happened to your micro ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 3:21:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#10]

View All Quotes

Failure to lock back; three different mags, over 200rnds of various ammo.  Mine isn't the only one I know of with this issue right now.

I don't think it's as accurate as my Shield either but I was getting frustrated and just started shooting for function more than accuracy.  I'd like to put a Holosun on it and try it (and I need to drift the rear sight a hair to the right).  If the gun comes back and I decide it's reliable then I'll send the money on a red dot but not until then (there weren't any with red dots available when I was able to snag mine or I'd have gone ahead and purchased it with one).
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Failure to lock back; three different mags, over 200rnds of various ammo.  Mine isn't the only one I know of with this issue right now.

I don't think it's as accurate as my Shield either but I was getting frustrated and just started shooting for function more than accuracy.  I'd like to put a Holosun on it and try it (and I need to drift the rear sight a hair to the right).  If the gun comes back and I decide it's reliable then I'll send the money on a red dot but not until then (there weren't any with red dots available when I was able to snag mine or I'd have gone ahead and purchased it with one).
View Quote

Ironically, I’m here because my Shield slide shit a chunk off, so wanted a pistol that fit me better. This Shield was particularly accurate I would say. Always felt like it was shooting much better than I could. Despite all the reasons to not like it, it always went bang and was on target for me. Usually just a bit worse than I would do with a G19 for accuracy.

Then I get that example of a dagger… figured that it wasn’t going to be quite as practically accurate as a full size, but dang, it’s bad. Mine cycled like a champ and felt like it locked back strong, all PSA mags. Which the mags I got look pretty good and solid. Only complaint is they most all have a burr that catches some jacket while charging the mags. Little needle file took the one off, didn’t mess with the rest yet (I did that after initial firing).

Strange on the reliability. Slide stop nub too small? Magazine sit too low?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I didn't really go messing around with, just dropped it off at PSA as there is one on my way home from my friend's farm but I'm thinking the mag wasn't seating far enough in to engage the stop.  Three different mags, same problem.  I started getting frustrated and didn't think to try holding the mag in place (teacup style) to see if that helped.  My brother's is having the same issue with four different mags; he ran the mags through a G43MOS and they functioned fine in that gun so I'm assuming it's a gun issue.  I know one other person who is having a similar issue with his; he has three mags as well, same problem.  I posted something about it in one of the other Micro threads but I've noticed in some of the pictures people have posted of their guns that in some of them you can see more of the magazine body so it's apparently sitting a hair lower in the magwell.  

My brother also said the accuracy on his was terrible; I sent him a link to the thread someone else posted showing their muzzle but he said his looks OK.  He's planning to sell his and stick with his P365 (not sure which model).  

I really like the way the gun feels, but if I get it back, shoot it on their range it doesn't shoot well I'll sell it and probably get a Shield Plus, that was my plan before the Micro came out.  It sucks, I like the Micro feels, fifteen rounds, supporting a SC company, etc so I'm willing to give it a fair shake, guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:03:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I didn't really go messing around with, just dropped it off at PSA as there is one on my way home from my friend's farm but I'm thinking the mag wasn't seating far enough in to engage the stop.  Three different mags, same problem.  I started getting frustrated and didn't think to try holding the mag in place (teacup style) to see if that helped.  My brother's is having the same issue with four different mags; he ran the mags through a G43MOS and they functioned fine in that gun so I'm assuming it's a gun issue.  I know one other person who is having a similar issue with his; he has three mags as well, same problem.  I posted something about it in one of the other Micro threads but I've noticed in some of the pictures people have posted of their guns that in some of them you can see more of the magazine body so it's apparently sitting a hair lower in the magwell.  

My brother also said the accuracy on his was terrible; I sent him a link to the thread someone else posted showing their muzzle but he said his looks OK.  He's planning to sell his and stick with his P365 (not sure which model).  

I really like the way the gun feels, but if I get it back, shoot it on their range it doesn't shoot well I'll sell it and probably get a Shield Plus, that was my plan before the Micro came out.  It sucks, I like the Micro feels, fifteen rounds, supporting a SC company, etc so I'm willing to give it a fair shake, guess we'll see.
View Quote

Gotcha. Sounds like a miscut on the magazine catch. See if I remember to look at mine later, I think it’s fine.

If the dagger doesn’t pan out, I’ll just buy a 48x and go from there. I’m absolutely sold on that frame size. It speaks to me as what a CCW should fit like. At least with the aftermarket mags holding 15. It’s not really worth it as a 10rd gun.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 2:54:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#14]

View Quote

Have you grabbed one ? They fit great
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:01:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#15]

View All Quotes

Not yet, I keep meaning to but I haven't even gotten my gun back yet.  Either Verizon hates the Columbia PSA store or something has been wrong with their phones as I kept getting disconnected when I try to confirm they received it, but I'll be in Columbia next week so I'll swing by and hopefully pick it up.  If it shoots fine on their range, including accuracy, then I'll order one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top