Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 8:45:49 PM EDT
Not a review of the newish Trex Ironside hybrid holster but just my first impression after a couple of days for anyone curious about it. I picked this up because with 4 kids (2 that are still toddler age) appendix was starting to annoy me. My daily carry is a g19 with a tlr7. So far after wearing it around the house, driving for about 3 hours total, ball practices etc I am happy with my purchase. I’m 5’10 190 and in reasonably good shape and it’s worked well.

With a normal fitting t shirt, khaki shorts and a tier 1 concealed belt the concealment is solid at the 4 o’clock. Comfort level with the padding is very nice while walking and sitting. I’ve done about 50 draws and getting to the gun is easy enough and reholstering isn’t an issue. And worst case scenario if you didn’t like it for iwb you can buy belt loops and use the Ironside as a range belt style holster. Be safe out there!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have tried the exact same combo and just can't conceal well enough OWB.  I have an Ironsides for my G19.5/TLR7A/HE508T and there is no way I can pull it off.  I'm 5'10" and 178lbs and work out regularly.  I also tried the Tenicor Arx Lux which in my opinion is the best built and designed kydex owb concealment holster on the planet.  Neither works for me regardless of what I wear.  

For a G19 sized pistol AIWB is the only thing that works for me.  I have tried dozens of holsters and nothing comes close to the quality of design and construction that Tenicor offers.  Thier gun fitment is limited but there is a reason for that.  They arent cookie cutter designs.  The re-engineer each basic design for the particular gun.  

I do love my OG TRex Sidecar for my Shield .45.  I did have to modify it when I added the optic though
this is an older pic and I have sice added DCC clips.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:53:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I just realized you were discussing the Ironsides Hybrid.  I though you were talking about the OWB Ironsides.  I may have to give the hybrid a try.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the mini review.   Still rocking my OWB Ironside (G48) going on 2 years now.

Link for the people.

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/t-rex-ironside-hybrid-holster/?holster_availability_ref=2692&handedness=%22right%22&threaded=false&color_ref=1&hardwared_holster_accessory_and_color_refs=%5B%7B%22holster_accessory_ref%22%3A54%2C%22color_ref%22%3A1%7D%5D&non_hardwared_holster_accessory_and_color_refs=%5B%5D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top