Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/20/2024 2:53:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Syndicate]
Bought my first pistol when I was 20....a USP9c.  I so regret selling it.  I want to replace it some 25 year later with a CT.  I thought buying a UPS9T(paid $1k new) would scratch that itch but my wife just took me to see Argyle and there is a lot of USPxCT action in there and here I am looking for one.  Is HK making and new CTs or am I stuck going used?  Would a P30 be a good replacement since the USPc models that I can find new are around $1200?  Not opposed to an HK45 either.

ETA:  Or should I look at a P2000 with an aftermarket threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#1]
A brief look seems to show you might be able to go with a USP compact, then order up a threaded barrel, but the barrels are OOS right now, ( at least where I looked).  Still you are going to be spending some pretty good money if that all works out.  The down side is you might not get exactly what you want.  If you look used and are patient you might find exactly what you want, but obviously you might pay almost new or more than new price or maybe not.  So many choices sometimes is a giant pain in the ass.

If you aren't  shooting suppressed most or all of the time just grab the compact, if you cant live without the threaded barrel grab the full size version.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had a USP 9c and 45f for over 20 years.  I recently got a VP9 and it shoots better than the 9c.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 6731HBAR:
A brief look seems to show you might be able to go with a USP compact, then order up a threaded barrel, but the barrels are OOS right now, ( at least where I looked).  Still you are going to be spending some pretty good money if that all works out.  The down side is you might not get exactly what you want.  If you look used and are patient you might find exactly what you want, but obviously you might pay almost new or more than new price or maybe not.  So many choices sometimes is a giant pain in the ass.
View Quote

All of this. And if you are willing to part with the coin, USPc 9mm threaded barrels are in stock in both pitches at Rim Country Mfg
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By The_Syndicate:
Bought my first pistol when I was 20....a USP9c.  I so regret selling it.  I want to replace it some 25 year later with a CT.  I thought buying a UPS9T(paid $1k new) would scratch that itch but my wife just took me to see Argyle and there is a lot of USPxCT action in there and here I am looking for one.  Is HK making and new CTs or am I stuck going used?  Would a P30 be a good replacement since the USPc models that I can find new are around $1200?  Not opposed to an HK45 either.

ETA:  Or should I look at a P2000 with an aftermarket threaded barrel?
View Quote

Lots of questions in here ....

It seems that HK makes their "non-standard" guns in batches.  The USP Expert and Elite fall into this category.  Full size T models seem to come in fairly often, but CT not so much.

You can easily find a HK45CT.  I've owned several and they're nice guns.  You can also buy a P30 or P30SK and add a threaded barrel.

There really isn't a USP/USPC, P2000/P2000SK, P30/P30SK, HK45/HK45C that would serve you poorly.  All of these are derived from the original USP/USPC and all of them are at the top of class in polymer guns.  If you're wanting a shooter, find a USP9 Expert.  SPOILER: it will ruin you on all other polymer guns.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#5]
The USPc is iconic. I think the P2000 carries and shoots better. It's literally a more ergonomic USPc. You can find those used all day for much less than a USPc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  I found a HK45T local to me with several mags and ammo for a steal.  I hope this will scratch my itch for awhile.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 9:26:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#7]
Just did the same yesterday.  Ordered a usp 45 as a suppressor host.  I’ve wanted a USPc since I was 19.  Tried to order one from a LGS when I turned 21 and got talked into an XD40 as my first handgun.

Really hoping the fullsize 45 scratches the USPc itch because I do NOT need another gun in that size range.  Should be a good big brother to my P30SK as well, which I totally recommend.  The LEM trigger is cool but you need a DA/SA with decocker for classic USPness.

Attachment Attached File
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top