Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2024 3:32:33 PM EDT
Picked up a new 92GTS Launch Edition this morning. It looks good right along with my 92XI SAO Launch Edition and my 92FS INOX as well as with my 92XI SAO SQUALO.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The GTS is high up on my list, along with the updated PX4.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice!  I've been thinking about grabbing one of these... It's either the GTS or the XI.

How's the double action trigger pull like on the GTS?  Much improved over the standard 92?  I never had a problem with the slide mounted decocker, but if the GTS has an much improved double action pull, I think I'd prefer the GTS to the XI.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MKEman:
Nice!  I've been thinking about grabbing one of these... It's either the GTS or the XI.

How's the double action trigger pull like on the GTS?  Much improved over the standard 92?  I never had a problem with the slide mounted decocker, but if the GTS has an much improved double action pull, I think I'd prefer the GTS to the XI.
View Quote

For a DA trigger, it is not bad at all. Much better than that of a standard 92. The decocker on the GTS takes a little getting use to as opposed the decocker on a standard 92. As for choosing the GTS or 92XI SAO, I would advise handling both. I bought my 92XI Launch Edition back when they first came out and I really like it. Coming from shooting 1911s for many years, it was an easy transition. With the frame mounted decocker on the GTS, I have to use my support hand to activate the decocker as I do not have enough thumb strength, yet, to activate the decocker. I am sure it will loosen up a bit over time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice collection.

How do you like the difference in the grip angles of the pistols. I have only shot the standard 92 Beretta. (1911 guy)
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By awmp:
Very nice collection.

How do you like the difference in the grip angles of the pistols. I have only shot the standard 92 Beretta. (1911 guy)
View Quote

The vertec grip feels very 1911 ish
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Awesome collection!

I'm really interested in getting a Squalo despite the awkward name.  I'm wondering if the LOK grips that provide a more traditional backstrap will work with the mag well.  I don't like the VERTEC grip, so I have the LOK grips on my 92XI.  Does the magwell have to be removed to remove the grips on the Squalo?  If not, the LOK grips would probably fit.

That GTS looks great also!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Landric:

Awesome collection!

I'm really interested in getting a Squalo despite the awkward name.  I'm wondering if the LOK grips that provide a more traditional backstrap will work with the mag well.  I don't like the VERTEC grip, so I have the LOK grips on my 92XI.  Does the magwell have to be removed to remove the grips on the Squalo?  If not, the LOK grips would probably fit.

That GTS looks great also!
View Quote

I just took a look and it appears that the magwell does not need to be removed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By awmp:
Very nice collection.

View Quote

I am / was a 1911 guy, on active duty when the transition was made to the M9. I hated it and never picked up another Beretta handgun till about a year ago, FFL handed me an M9A4, vertec grip, Centurion........... Bought it right then. It's by far one of my favorites.........
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone know if the standard GTS comes with the wrap around trip?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m very well versed in the various models and offerings up until the past few years.

So, my understanding is -

There are slide mounted SAO versions

Slide mounted DA/SA versions that have to be manually lowering the hammer to decock

And now DA/SA slide mounted version that is decocker only.

What is the slide mounted version model name where you can carry on safe cocked and locked, use the safety as a decocker, and carry hammer down with the safety either on or off.

Sorry if I sound like a NEWB.

I’m just only up to date to maybe around the time Beretta and Langdon were introducing their optic ready slides a few years ago and not versed in the recent burst of new models.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JupiterMaximus:
Does anyone know if the standard GTS comes with the wrap around trip?
View Quote

Only the wood grips on the Launch Edition. I just did some reading about the standard version and it appears that it does not come with wrap-around grip option. LOK Grips has a Beretta 92XI Veloce Wraparound grip that would probably work, but they are anywhere from $125.00 - $145.00.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top