Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2024 9:03:24 PM EDT
I had a Glock 34 Gen 5 that was main competition gun for years, and I sold it (like an idiot) last year... so want to get back into long slide Glock.

Trying to decide what route to go. I like the stock glock fine, but the 34 only comes in the MOS- an optics system I don't like. This is a problem as this gun will absolutely get a red dot. I've looked around for potential aftermarket slides but I'm not seeing much for the gen 5 G34 that isn't either exceedingly expensive or from a company that doesn't have a lot of questionable reviews (slideworks engineering). Otherwise I would just get the Glock (which I can get at Blue label pricing) and then sink some customization funds into it, but not seeing a feasible option.

Another option is something like a Shadow Systems DR920L. Its not exactly how I would want to customize, but its pretty close.

Anyone have any suggestions or guidance? Maybe an idea or company I'm missing? Would be easy if they sold a non MOS 34 and I could just get it milled.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:09:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedownzero] [#1]
Oz-9 is significantly heavier and shoots noticeably flatter/softer.
https://www.zevtechnologies.com/OZ9-V2-Elite-Long-Pistol

IMO you might as well stick with Zfactory glock and get it stippled versus a Shadow System. The OZ-9 is in a different league. Even my full size (17 size) is softer then an oem 34. OZ-9 is truly the only “Glock” that significantly improves muzzle rise/recoil.

BUT, any 5” 1911 or 2011 will absolutely outshoot it. So if shooting in IDPA it may be worth it as you can stay in production division, but even the cheapest [good] 2011 like a Prodigy is cheaper and will outperform it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't trust the MOS system either but with a good replacement plate from FCD, it's been great. Maybe worth checking out before spending more on something gucchier?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If a gen 5 with FCD plate is not an option, is a gen 3 or 4 an option?

Used market exists for both.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:42:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: schiffer99] [#4]
Well, I found myself in a gun store yesterday and walked out with a Gen 5 g34. I also ordered a glock performance trigger that will go in it.

Now I am battling between keeping it cheap and throwing a holosun scs and keeping everything else stock. Or... send it off to agency for the AOS cut, stipple the frame and cerakote the whole thing od green. Anyone have other custom places I should be looking at?

I am surprised at the lack of aftermarket gen 5 glock 34 slides.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]
If you take the minus connector out of the stock trigger housing and put it in the GPT, it is stupid light.  

I don’t recall it having the mush of the standard trigger with the minus either but I haven’t shot my G34 set up that way in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:52:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By schiffer99:

I am surprised at the lack of aftermarket gen 5 glock 34 slides.
View Quote

You shouldn't be.

Long slides were designed primarily for sight radius.

Sight radius is irrelevant with an optic.

Optics are mainstream with people who customize their weapons.  

Sure, there's other advantages to a long slide (probably ).  Another thing to consider is how much customization is based on Gen3 frames, and you'll see lots of Gen3 based slides available.

Remsport recently started making a Gen5 style Gen3 G34 slide that would be great with an inexpensive SCT G17 frame 🤔
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I like my G34 Gen5 MOS ....

Attachment Attached File

but I really like my ZEV Technologies OZ9 Elite Standard.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top