Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2023 7:39:30 AM EDT
Anybody seen one in their LGS yet?…. Let alone maybe bought one and range-tested it with real 10mm ammo?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#1]
seems like the kind of thing I wouldn't want to beta test...
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
seems like the kind of thing I wouldn't want to beta test...
View Quote

Well, you know someone’s $$$ has got to sacrificed for the benefit of fellow 10mm fans.

I guess the good news is, whether it’s bad results or good, we’ll be able to watch it all on some YT-ers channel.

So there’s that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, heck naw!  Do not FA with Taurus or you will FO.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 11:17:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aggie_Gunner] [#5]
Taurus doesn't list anything on their website in 10mm... Is it a totally new model? Or is it one of their legacy models (G3, TH, 1911) in 10mm?

ETA: I just found an add for one... it is a TH series (hammer fired)

Link to (out of stock) at Bud's
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Aggie_Gunner:
Taurus doesn't list anything on their website in 10mm... Is it a totally new model? Or is it one of their legacy models (G3, TH, 1911) in 10mm?
ETA: I just found an add for one... it is a TH series (hammer fired)
Link to (out of stock) at Bud's
View Quote

Yes, that’s the one. TH series.

And for all the Taurus detractors (I’m typically one too), one clue as to how a 10mm TH is likely to run (or not) will be seeing how well the similarly large-frame 45acp TH runs.

If the .45 model has hiccups right out of the box, how much better will the 10mm TH be?  I expect we’ll be seeing a bevy of YT “range day” vids regardless.

Per some posts on other boards, the .45 THs are on dealer shelves right now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:45:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I mean, if HiPoint can do 10x25mm Norma, surely Taurus can.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 7:56:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#8]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
I mean, if HiPoint can do 10x25mm Norma, surely Taurus can.
View Quote

Not only that, but Norma introduced the 10mm back in 1983. …

So there’ve only been four decades for gun manufacturers and their engineers to figure out how to successfully build a semi-automatic pistol around the huge energy curve of this cartridge. They should have gotten it right by now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: afunderjack] [#9]
Don't have any input on this particular pistol. No experience with Taurus outside of a PT99 that has been a reliable range toy and has a better finish than my last couple Berettas.

That being said, I don't see the point in going with the Taurus option when Glock 20 Gen 4s are being discounted with the  recent release of the Gen 5. Gen 4 for $460:

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/skydas-gear-g20-gen4-od-green-10mm-4-61-barrel-15-rounds.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By afunderjack:
Don't have any input on this particular pistol. No experience with Taurus outside of a PT99 that has been a reliable range toy and has a better finish than my last couple Berettas.

That being said, I don't see the point in going with the Taurus option when Glock 20 Gen 4s are being discounted with the  recent release of the Gen 5. Gen 4 for $460:

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handguns/semi-automatic-handguns/skydas-gear-g20-gen4-od-green-10mm-4-61-barrel-15-rounds.html
View Quote

Good point.

Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I like all of my Taurus pistols, and none of them has given me an ounce of trouble. That being said the 10mm market is getting so flooded right now that you would have to be a complete fan boy of Taurus to go out of your way to buy one in 10mm. I went with the M&P for my 10mm and I love it. I dont shoot it much because range ammo is just boring, and good ammo needs a second mortgage on the house. Needless to say it is here if and when I want or need to shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top