Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 5:10:27 PM EDT
PSA has the FDE Covert(threaded barrel) Tomcats and Bobcats on sale right now for $399.  Beretta currently has a $150 rebate for both of those guns as well, making the effective cost $250 plus shipping and transfer.  I’ve never seen either of these guns that cheap, especially the tomcat.

Attachment Attached File

https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-tomcat-tb-32-acp-pistol-fde-j320126.html

Attachment Attached File

https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-21a-bobcat-22-lr-pistol-flat-dark-earth-j212126.html

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw this the other day.  I have one of the 21a’s on the way.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Tempting. Wish it came with more than 1 mag.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Its an assault weapon per our gov so no go for me but I would buy one. Is there one without the threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Its an assault weapon per our gov so no go for me but I would buy one. Is there one without the threaded barrel.
View Quote

The $150 rebate applies I think to any new gun purchase that is a tomcat or a bobcat.  However, the only ones on sale for $399 at PSA are the threaded versions.  Beretta makes plenty of regular versions without a threaded barrel, but the non-threaded ones at PSA are pretty high priced.  However, if you look around online you can find them for mid to high 400’s prior to applying the rebate.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It is tempting at that price. Must resist!
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By solid:
It is tempting at that price. Must resist!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 9:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#7]
I just shot my threaded bobcat today, it was fun bit they seem very old school.

Fixed barrel made silencing easy and ill have to get like ten mags so im not loading every minute.

Had a few failures but some of the ammo was like 35 years old.

Lots of blowback with a Stinger 22
But pretty quiet!

Been at least a month and still not received my rebate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
I just shot my threaded bobcat today, it was fun bit they seem very old school.

Fixed barrel made silencing easy and ill have to get like ten mags so im not loading every minute.

Had a few failures but some of the ammo was like 35 years old.

Lots of blowback with a Stinger 22
But pretty quiet!

Been at least a month and still not received my rebate.
View Quote

I’ve had a threaded bobcat for the past 3-4 years.  Not necessarily the quietest 22, but can be quiet with a good 22 can.  Stinger is pretty spicy and hard to suppress because of all the port pop.  Some good CCI Suppressor 45grain ammo usually sounds pretty good as well as CCI standard.  

FYI for anyone getting the bobcat or has one.  If you ever run across the discontinued crimson trace grips, purchase them.  I have them on mine and it makes it a lot more usable when you have a can on it.  Also makes it a nice little pocket gun because the sights are tiny
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I really enjoy my 21A.  The gun is soda can accurate out to 15 yards or so and is reliable.  Quiet enough but does not like subs.

Link Posted: 8/22/2023 11:19:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ivan1] [#10]
Originally Posted By agb104983:

The $150 rebate applies I think to any new gun purchase that is a tomcat or a bobcat.  However, the only ones on sale for $399 at PSA are the threaded versions.  Beretta makes plenty of regular versions without a threaded barrel, but the non-threaded ones at PSA are pretty high priced.  However, if you look around online you can find them for mid to high 400’s prior to applying the rebate.
View Quote

The regular bobcat is like 580 though. I have a beretta 71 but wanted something I can shoot without worrying if I’m going to need parts for it. How does the size compare to a 71 if anyone has both? Did some google searching. Its way smaller than a 71 but I do want a pocket pistol for some reason. Was even thinking about picking up a ruger lcpii in 22. Heres the comparison I wanted. Bobcat is way smaller. For
Some reason I thought it would be a little smaller but not much.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Handgun Hero is a slick way to compare guns.

From what I can gather the Beretta 70s is very similar to the 71. Here they are compared.......

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#12]
About the rebate, I took part in the $75 rebate that they did just before this and it took 2 1/2 months before I received the check. Deposit that check as soon as you get it because, at least for mine, it was back dated 1 1/2 months and would void in 1 week and 2 days after I received it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Snagged me one yesterday in fde.
Had the knockoff Taurus years ago and once I took the finger rest off the mag it ran great. In a moment of ignorance I sold that to buy something else and always wanted the real beretta. Just didn't want to pay 600 bux then have it threaded.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:49:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out] [#14]
Picked up a Covert model (black with subdued wood grips) at my LGS for a bit more than the online prices. Stripped it part-way down and lubed etc.  The trigger smoothed out just from lubing, to include the recoil springs and arms (2 ea).  Threw on a set of rosewood glossy grips I already had!  And finally ordered an AAC Tirant9 fixed barrel spacer, which just replaces the spring, but the piston stays in place. Can't wait to choot it!

As a PSA, AlienGear has a kydex paddle holster and a mag carrier. BarsonyLeather has a decent looking leather pocket holster and also a nylon. Mag carriers in leather or nylon as well.

In typical arf behavior, got both lol.

eta LGS also had a full-price Kale Slushy model! Imagine a Tomcat with an FN paint job, with sweet G10 grips:  https://www.beretta.com/en-us/3032-tomcat-kale-slushy/
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 11:57:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoImpactNoIdea] [#15]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

If you are in WA it is not, only centerfire is.  So bobcat only for us.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone get their rebate yet?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Still waiting and wondering.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I submitted mine on 9/10 for check by mail, nothing yet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 11:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#19]
The rebate is faster if you chose PP over check. A coworker and I both submitted rebates on 7/21- him by PP and me a check. He got his rebate about two weeks ago, I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 10/6/2023 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NoImpactNoIdea:

If you are in WA it is not, only centerfire is.  So bobcat only for us.
View Quote

I was not aware of that and need to talk to my dealer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#21]
At $400 sale price, that works out to about $310 (tax/ ship/ transfer/ rebate). I'm way in on that deal. The 21a is great for some new shooters who are intimidated by larger firearms, they're great pocket guns, shotshells work well w/ tip up bbl (mice in garage or pole building, though very close w/ that short rifled barrel). Many of the barrels now have factory threads. Popularity and range of quality, light suppressors expands the 21a utility. Fun stuff.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#22]
FYI, I submitted my rebate application in late August and elected for a PayPal payment method. My rebate came in about 1-2 weeks ago
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting on mine.  

I’m beginning to hate rebates no matter how good.

Anyone have the contact info to their rebate company?

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I really need one of those
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Still waiting on mine.  

I’m beginning to hate rebates no matter how good.

Anyone have the contact info to their rebate company?

View Quote

Just Google Rapid Rebates. It'll prompt you to enter your last name, your street number and zip.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Just got my notice from them yesterday its in the mail—allow 2-3 weeks for delivery 😵‍💫

See what posting on arfcom does?  So much power!
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Just got my notice from them yesterday its in the mail—allow 2-3 weeks for delivery 😵‍💫

See what posting on arfcom does?  So much power!
View Quote

Lol, me too. Must be a mass mailing.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Psa got me on one of these as well.  Wanted one for a long time and couldn't take it.  Somewhere I saw a picture of a threaded 21a with a short suppressor and it stuck with me.  I started paperwork on the 3" tac sol a month ago.  Kept checking PSA that they were still on sale and panicked when only the ghost was left instock and ordered that one.  Hated the silver looking grips and started looking for replacements and came across some gaudy cartel looking gold and silver ones.  Decided to go Gaudy Cartel hitman theme with it. Pick it up in a week or so and the suppressor in a while.  Stuggling to not have the new suppressor gold plated.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy] [#29]
No shame in your tastes, theyre a good deal with the rebate.

They do seem slightly complex with the extra lockwork and safety lever

MY REBATE CHECK ARRIVED TODAY!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 3:33:37 AM EDT
[#30]
No shame in your tastes, theyre a good deal with the rebate.

They do seem slightly complex with the extra lockwork and safety lever

MY REBATE CHECK ARRIVED TODAY!!!!
View Quote

How long did it take from the time you filed it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-3032-tomcat-inox-32-acp-tip-up-barrel-pistol-j320500.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By bendigo78:

How long did it take from the time you filed it?
View Quote

14 weeks, 4 days—mailed check.

On reddit some people are claiming their checks are bouncing.

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Oldgold:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/beretta-3032-tomcat-inox-32-acp-tip-up-barrel-pistol-j320500.html

Yes, in the interim since I posted that PSA has expanded their sale prices to some non-threaded versions
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Im right at 12 weeks and no check.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Definitely need the can gold plated.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#37]
I’m debating whether to get the threaded Tomcat or Bobcat.  

I already have a Bobcat- bought it in the 90’s when they first came out, and really like it.  But mine isn’t threaded, and I’d like to use a shorty 9mm can on it.  

I owned a Bobcat, bought mid 00’s, and it never was reliable.  Lots of stuck cases in the chamber, regardless of ammo/chamber cleaning/ phase of the moon. Also would have feed issues from the magazine.  I ended up selling it.  

Are the new ones more reliable, and / or work better with a suppressor who’s backpressue might assist the fires cartridges to extract more reliably?
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#38]
This one is a blast to shoot.  Haven't shot it unsuppressed though.  Mags go empty quick.  Very accurate.  Dont remember too many failures but I was bouncing through all sorts of ammo. From segmenting quiet to match to bulk. The quiet didnt cycle but was fun because of being almost silent. It may have had a few jams at the end because it was ridiculously dirty from the suppressor.  

There is no reason not to get it threaded for 399 with the rebate.  You may want to suppress it one day and they wont be that cheap. I'd think it would be easier to sell threaded as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Any worthwhile (A)IWB holster recommendations for the 3032 Covert?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By oxford411:
I submitted mine on 9/10 for check by mail, nothing yet.
View Quote

Rebate check by mail showed up on 11/27.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:25:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maggiethecat] [#41]
nevermind  

Link Posted: 12/12/2023 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Tomcat getting delivered today to my FFL. I've got a Bobcat that was threaded by Gemtech many moons ago; time for it's big brother. Also happened to find NOS Silvertips locally.

Hoping Beretta doesn't fuck me on the rebate.
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#43]

There we go. That's better. Now to find grips that don't suck ass.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Received 'rebate submitted' verification 11/2/23, received 5 total 21a rebates via PP 1/23/24. Remember to submit your warranties, too. They shoot great, as far as shooting experience goes. As others have indicated in reviews, 15 feet is easy to get all over the paper, 12 feet basically functional. Have not yet shot suppressed. 1 of mine has a VERY stiff safety switch. I have worked it in to be close to others just by employing/ disemploying it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Anyone have an M9-22 rebate approved? The model is listed as being covered but the rebate entry form doesn't list this model explicitly. It also says leaving the model blank will cause issues.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Submitted my rebate 11/10.  Still nothing.

Just picked up the tac sol aeris can for it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone have a good source of mags for these? Seems they've dried up, and I don't trust promag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I bought some Mecgars from I think GunMag Warehouse, they have all been a PIA in mine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By NAM:
Anyone have a good source of mags for these? Seems they've dried up, and I don't trust promag.
View Quote

Ordered mine from Beretta. Get the bulk packaged types and then add a military discount and they are quite reasonable
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread just popped up on all and I got excited for a second.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top