Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2023 4:02:54 PM EDT
So, this new offering coming out this month... Its what Walther should have done years ago... like 2018.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this sort of a double-stack PPS?

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
what do they mean by "Optics Ready"? What Optic is it cut for? No info at all on the product page.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
what do they mean by "Optics Ready"? What Optic is it cut for? No info at all on the product page.
View Quote
Shield RMSc footprint.

They have their own MRDS that fits that profile and lists this new gun as compatible.

https://www.canikusa.com/mecanik-mo1
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks good.  We need a range report.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 7:02:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#6]
I am actually really interested in that. Holster options will be the judge of if I buy or not

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I said they were coming out this month, (that's to the influences) should be out for sale to us real people in March.
This is the double stack PPS, and it takes pre existing Canik mags, as well as the micro compact mags made for it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks interesting.  The logo on the rds reminds me of horizon:zero dawn
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a winner, should sell fast at that price . Looking forward to first hand reviews B4 buying one .
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#10]
The new MC9 is slightly smaller than the TP9 Elite SC, so it should make of a good EDC pistol. I carry my Elite SC most days in an IWB holster and it conceals well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Is it safe to say this is about the same size as a G26?
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 4:48:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glockadoodadoo] [#12]
Originally Posted By Hulley:
View Quote

I would say yes …
But with a much better trigger.

New Canik Mete MC9 Micro Double Stack 9mm First Shots

Canik METE MC9 vs The Micro Compact Pistol World

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hulley:
View Quote

Shot one at the IV8888 shoot yesterday. I have a G26 and love that gun but the MC9 seems to be ever so slightly smaller in every direction but with more capacity.

After shooting 2 mags thru it I think I’ll be getting one. Never looked at Canik guns much in the past but the MC9 and the all steel frame they had at the event was very nice.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Competitor to the Mossberg MC2SC in specs and price

https://www.mossberg.com/firearms/handguns/mc2sc.html

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Shot one at the IV8888 shoot yesterday. I have a G26 and love that gun but the MC9 seems to be ever so slightly smaller in every direction but with more capacity.

After shooting 2 mags thru it I think I’ll be getting one. Never looked at Canik guns much in the past but the MC9 and the all steel frame they had at the event was very nice.
View Quote

@swampfoxoutdoors I had one for sale in the EE for a while. Its brand new in the box. I just didn’t like the grip for my hands. I have a medium hand, more towards the smaller size. I took it off the EE and took it to my ffl on consigment. Let me know if you’re interested and I can give you my ffl’s info. Mine was the full fde one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I have had a chance to compare and shoot my Elite SC and the MC9 side by side. I'll stick with the Elite SC.

Size wise the MC9 is slightly smaller than the Elite SC. Basically the SC is very similar to the G26 in grip length with a slide that is close to the same length as a G19. My gripes about the MC9 is that the grip is flimsy feeling and easy to push in with your thumb. The main complaint I have about the MC9 is the HORRIBLE trigger pull. It is super heavy compared to all other Canik pistols. The Elite SC has a way better trigger.

Link Posted: 10/4/2023 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
I have had a chance to compare and shoot my Elite SC and the MC9 side by side. I'll stick with the Elite SC.

Size wise the MC9 is slightly smaller than the Elite SC. Basically the SC is very similar to the G26 in grip length with a slide that is close to the same length as a G19. My gripes about the MC9 is that the grip is flimsy feeling and easy to push in with your thumb. The main complaint I have about the MC9 is the HORRIBLE trigger pull. It is super heavy compared to all other Canik pistols. The Elite SC has a way better trigger.

View Quote

The one at the shoot I attended was really nice and one of the reasons I’m even considering it. Could have been polished up for the shoot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#18]

The one at the shoot I attended was really nice and one of the reasons I'm even considering it. Could have been polished up for the shoot.
View Quote
It very well may have been polished. I went and tried a few different MC9's at several shops to see if my neighbor's pistol was a one off with a bad trigger. And every single MC9 I tried had the same horrible trigger when compared to all the other Canik pistols I have shot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By chumpmiester:
It very well may have been polished. I went and tried a few different MC9's at several shops to see if my neighbor's pistol was a one off with a bad trigger. And every single MC9 I tried had the same horrible trigger when compared to all the other Canik pistols I have shot.
View Quote

Might be a production change as well if all the ones you tested were from the same time frame.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Might be a production change as well if all the ones you tested were from the same time frame.
View Quote
The ones I tested have been in the last couple of months. No idea on actual production dates though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I liked the trigger in mine so much I bought a mete sf. Reason being that I didn’t wanna keep it is that the grip doesn’t fit my hands well and I felt the trigger was a little light for my liking. They made the mc9 trigger not as light because of it being a carry piece. I’m going with a p30sk as my carry.
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#22]
The Elite SC is also meant for conceal carry and it has a way better trigger than all of the MC9's I have tried. So there really is no excuse for such a horrible trigger.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 4:22:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I just ordered myself one from Atlantic Firearms as a birthday present to myself. They have them on sale for $349 so I figured I’ll give one a try and see how it stacks up against my Shield Plus.  The Shield really doesn’t have a good option for mounting a light but this might become my nocturnal summer carry gun if it’s reliable.  I also ordered a Streamlight TLR-7sub from Amazon and an IWB M6 holster from Werkz holsters for this combo.  I also snagged up some extra mags and a tritium front sight from the Canik store while I was at it.  From what I’ve been seeing, the dimensions are pretty close to the Shield Plus but it looks as if the grip might be slightly thicker due to it being a full double stack magazine.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 5:02:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gamma762] [#24]
Someone that has access to one of these should take some photos with the slide separated from the frame, I'm curious if it copied the PPS trigger system (/whole gun) or what.

Originally Posted By Glockadoodadoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ueaqoz7Gzc
View Quote

Appears to shoot like a PPS...
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I just added the fact front night sight to my MC9  micro compact , they look good and shoot right on , this small gun keeps getting better and better .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Which front sight did you buy (Night Fission or Trijicon, Truglo
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#27]
It was from fact store , Night Fision kind of looks like a Ameraglow the fact one was tight left it sit with sum Krol oil , put slide in freezer , then went to work , always use a brass punch had about 1 hr in the job , the sight was just the one for the small MC gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Just picked up an mc9 this morning local shop was able to order me one. Got a black frame tungsten slide.

Also got a chance to put three mags through it and it was hitting everything I aimed for and trigger felt pretty good as well.

I looked at one almost a year ago and this one the trigger feels better.I have a tp9 sf as well and really liking that gun for a target pistol. I like that the tp9 mag fits in the mc9 doubt I’ll ever use it in the mc9 though but it fits.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ar15robert:
Just picked up an mc9 this morning local shop was able to order me one. Got a black frame tungsten slide.

Also got a chance to put three mags through it and it was hitting everything I aimed for and trigger felt pretty good as well.

I looked at one almost a year ago and this one the trigger feels better.I have a tp9 sf as well and really liking that gun for a target pistol. I like that the tp9 mag fits in the mc9 doubt I’ll ever use it in the mc9 though but it fits.
View Quote

Good to hear. I recently bought one and I consider it one of my best pistol purchases. I don't really count rounds down the pipe, but I would guess I am over 600 rounds now. Feels good in the hand and no failures to perform!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Speedwinder:

Good to hear. I recently bought one and I consider it one of my best pistol purchases. I don't really count rounds down the pipe, but I would guess I am over 600 rounds now. Feels good in the hand and no failures to perform!
View Quote

I knew the early ones had issues I was hoping I would be good and appears so. Hope it conceals like my g43 did it is slightly taller and a hair wider but not much. I kind of prefer the capacity of the mc9 though.

I liked the g43 just wish it held 2-3 more in same dimensions just a hair wider on grip it be perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top