Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2024 3:35:19 PM EDT
I know it's releated to the magazine.  Mag with black follower is the problem mag while the SS follower is a known good mag from another gun.  See how the follower is different and hold slide back only halfway back?  Difference in follower design.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2024 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Back in the day we only used Colt magazines.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cschaeff:
Back in the day we only used Colt magazines.
View Quote

So enlightening.  Thanks for that...but they are both Colt OEM mags supplied with this and another Colt 1911 Commander.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:55:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dusty3030] [#3]
Which one came with the gun pictured?

Silver follower one is definitely a Checkmate.  
Black follower one has a flex follower and it throwing me off.  I'm not sure who made it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:24:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost] [#4]
When I bought my CCU CCO in 9mm I immediately purchased  a few Wilson Combat 9mm mags.  My colt mags ended up working fine.  I have always heard if you use the Wilson's and it still doesn't work, you know it's not a magazine problem. I'm no gunsmith.  Just what I've heard.

ETA:  Sweet looking 1911.  I especially love those grips.  Hope you can get it sorted out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dusty3030:
Which one came with the gun pictured?

Silver follower one is definitely a Checkmate.  
Black follower one has a flex follower and it throwing me off.  I'm not sure who made it.
View Quote

The one with black follower came with the gun pictured.  It says Colt and horse logo on the baseplate and a C in upper right and M in lower right.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CSIGunNut:
So enlightening.  Thanks for that...but they are both Colt OEM mags supplied with this and another Colt 1911 Commander.
View Quote

I've never seen a stainless mag come in a blue Colt?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cschaeff:

I've never seen a stainless mag come in a blue Colt?
View Quote

You have now!
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#8]
The last 3 blued Colt 1911’s I’ve bought all have stainless mags.  I don’t get it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top