Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2024 8:14:03 AM EDT
Purchased my second Turkish 1911, first one was the Tisas compact carry. Picked up the EAA offering in two tone tungsten/black officer size pistol in .45ACP a few days ago. Overall it seems like a nice pistol, full beavertail, ambi safety, magwell, commander style hammer. even has a small strip of checkering on the front strap. Fit and finish are good, slide to frame fit is tight with just a slight bit of play, the MSH and magwell are polymer as well are the 'hive' type grip panels. 3-dot sights with the front sight being a dove tail mount and rear is a Novak style. Came with one ACT 7rd. mag. but my Wilsons and CMC mags fit and function well. Trigger pull weight averaged about 5-1/2 lbs. with about 1/16" take up before the wall, crisp break and a nice audible reset. Magazine ejects with some vigor. It's equipped with 3.4" bull barrel with reverse plug, full length guide rod and flat recoil spring. Only ran 100 ads. of 230gr. FMJ through it so far to test function, but definitely plan to run more and put the little gun to the test. Being all steel construction recoil is a bit stout but easily manageable. shot it at 5yds. and 10 yds. At 5 yds. I was shooting a nice raggedly hole about 1-1/2" diameter and at 10 yds. performed just as well a ragged hole about softball size. For a <$400 gun it's not bad, I rather like it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
@steyraug45
Nice write up.

Are the internal parts cast, MIM, or forged?
Also,  how would you compare the internal machining VS your Tisas?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm loving the Turk/Italian/Filipino 1911 price war.  Ordered two more for this weekend, one Rock Island, one Turk.  1st time I'll put a 9mm 1911 on the table, the price was too low to pass up.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I can tell the parts are forged, Machining is comparable between the two, the trigger on the Tisas is much better averaging 3.82 pounds. For me It's not a deal breaker 1911 triggers can tuned and lightened.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
backbencher, I don't know if I have the stomach to get a 1911 in 9mm, LOL, not knocking you, 9mm 1911's are just not my thing. Although I'll still be interested in your range report.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.

That doesn't make the decision between a Girsan Ultimate CS and Tisas Aviator easier.
But it does make it more fun to look into.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Put another 300 rounds down range with it the other day, no hiccups, quite an impressive little pistol for the price. I let a co-worker shoot it, he liked it and ordered one as well.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steyraug45:  backbencher, I don't know if I have the stomach to get a 1911 in 9mm, LOL, not knocking you, 9mm 1911's are just not my thing. Although I'll still be interested in your range report.
View Quote

Won't be one, I'm an FFL & bought it to flip.  It should be a very easy gun to rack, full length recoil spring tuned for 9mm, cock the hammer, even little old ladies can rack it.  Ideal house gun for the weminz.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top