Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2021 10:16:27 AM EDT
Was here buy myself Sunday and kept thinking about it so I ran to a pretty good gun shop about 2 hr drive from here and came home with the Canik Elite Combat this on came with a Vortex red dot which was not mounted and that's ok I wanted to do it gun has the salent barrel ,mag well , trigger , feels like a winner price was up there for this package came new in the box has all the updates and grip texture is the newest , can`t Waite to try it out I have a Kramer black open top leather holster was for my SW M/P full size this gun fits perfect like it was made for it even with the threaded barrel . might give it run today , wiped down and lubed it will see what happens .
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran a bunch of ammo I had laying on my dresser and garage bench just to try it out and had no problems and the thing shot like a lazier beam .
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Picture?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve seen some people recommend running a hundred or so rounds of either NATO spec or +P through it to break it in.  Was any of the ammo that you ran through yours higher pressure or was it just basic 115 or 124gr?  

I picked up my Elite Combat yesterday but haven’t been to the range with it yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot mine the sight it in on Friday and then yesterday at a match. I used mostly ZQI 124 grain nickel plated steel case and a little bit of Winchester 124 grain NATO.

It ran like a top with both. The Canik pistols do have a reputation for being fairly heavily sprung, I’d suggest the NATO spec ammunition for break in if you have it available.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been running any standard 9 , Blazer , Win ZQ stuff Win Nato all has run fine , I have 3 mags for this gun , but was at a shop on Sat and saw Pro Mags for like 23 bucks for the full size just for the hell of it I bought one , tried it out worked well  locked open , fir the mag well just right , I never buy them and only get fact mags for every thing but it worked great today , I read were they upgraded the the newer ones for Canik ?? but its just an extra tilll I find sum more worked good for now , I could put a Sig 226 mag spring in if I had to but will try iy for now .
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:53:33 AM EDT
[#6]
My Canik Elite Combat has been running good with all ammo I have run so far , even the the Pro Mag I picked up just to play with seems to be working well for the reputation they get .
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#7]
The Canik I got has been flawless so far ,
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Landric:
I shot mine the sight it in on Friday and then yesterday at a match. I used mostly ZQI 124 grain nickel plated steel case and a little bit of Winchester 124 grain NATO.

It ran like a top with both. The Canik pistols do have a reputation for being fairly heavily sprung, I’d suggest the NATO spec ammunition for break in if you have it available.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/B86C1F81-50EE-4E29-B745-43CF4D959E31_jpe-2096605.JPG
View Quote

Did your combat elite come with a #2 plate? I have the desert color and it only came with one plate.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 1:03:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I ended  up buying a #2 plate on eBay for $50 and it works fine with the Holosun 507C
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine is still running great with all ammo I have tried , 115,124 , Nato stuff , no problems .
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:04:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the Combat Elite and its still running great , not a single problem also just picked up the sub compact .
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I recently picked up a Rival Dark Side, and a TP9 Elite SC. Haven't shot either one of them yet, but I did put a Shield SMS on the rival.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By triaxle:
... also just picked up the sub compact .
View Quote

Have had new Mete sfx Pro for a few weeks. Slip 2000'd and CLP'd, thoroughly cleaned. Had a few stovepipes at first, only ran non-NATO target ammo. Then ran good for the next 100 rounds of the same ammo. Also ran suppressed for about 40 rounds no problem. 200 rounds so far. This is the full size, flat trigger (not metal), chrome threaded barrel, cutouts in the slide, similar to Rival. Had to order it.

Ordered a Canik oem Rival aluminum trigger in blue (also fits Mete), Taylor Freelance grip and some alum mag extensions. Have an RMRcc sitting here to mount on it (it's drilled/cut for an RMRcc from Canik). Slimholster brand owb holster is inbound.  I have great aspirations for this beauty.

Now I really need a Mete MC9! Hesitating only because it's so new to the scene.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By slack_out:

Have had new Mete sfx Pro for a few weeks. Slip 2000'd and CLP'd, thoroughly cleaned. Had a few stovepipes at first, only ran non-NATO target ammo. Then ran good for the next 100 rounds of the same ammo. Also ran suppressed for about 40 rounds no problem. 200 rounds so far. This is the full size, flat trigger (not metal), chrome threaded barrel, cutouts in the slide, similar to Rival. Had to order it.

Ordered a Canik oem Rival aluminum trigger in blue (also fits Mete), Taylor Freelance grip and some alum mag extensions. Have an RMRcc sitting here to mount on it (it's drilled/cut for an RMRcc from Canik). Slimholster brand owb holster is inbound.  I have great aspirations for this beauty.

Now I really need a Mete MC9! Hesitating only because it's so new to the scene.
View Quote

The MC9 seems to have a fair amount of issues.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Elite Combat is the way. 17,000 plus through 1 of mine. Zero issues. By far my favorite all around gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top