Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 11:40:18 AM EDT
I figured I’d start my own thread and not clog up the other one. I got a new Micro Dagger complete frame yesterday from PSA. A few things I noticed when I first got it and as I was cleaning it.

Fit and finish are very nicely done. Ergos feel good in the hand. Stippling seems slick until you grab it. Then it feels like it locks into the hand pretty well. The slide release seems to be sticking a bit. Upon further inspection it seems that the tab for the release is rubbing the frame. Also, when I first mounted the slide to the frame; if I pulled the slide allllll the way back, it would get stuck and hang there, unless I bumped it with my hand. I noticed a very small piece of plastic burr on the back left slide rail. I removed that AFTER I fired it, only cause I noticed it in the cleaning after firing.

The trigger shoe feels good in my hands. However, there seems to be a bit of flex by the hinge. Not sure if this will interfere in anyway, or if it will cause the gun to go off, but I’m keeping an eye on that.

As for ammo, I shot 10rds of Unlimited Ammos “Nukes”. It’s their version of hollow points. Followed with 50rds of FMJ ammo from the same company.

The gun only had one malfunction to go fully into battery, I attribute that to the small plastic burr, once I removed that and hand cycled, the slide never hung up again.

I bought this frame for $100 complete to see if I wanted another 43x. I love the Micro Dagger frame and trigger, but I need to run more ammo through it to see if it’s reliable or not.

All and all I’m pretty happy, and would recommend the frame if you wanted a 43x or 48 style option
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What mag were you using?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eyeore1966:
What mag were you using?
View Quote

Brand new factory OEM 10rd 43x/48 mag. I bought the mag with the frame same time.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

This was my issue before I removed the plastic burr. Notice the slide stop not catching.

Once I removed that burr it cycled like normal
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:44:11 PM EDT
[#4]
@palmettostatearmory - do y’all test fire just the frames? The Micro Dagger frame I received had a decent amount of carbon build up on it when I received it. I was just curious if y’all did or not
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#5]
Originally Posted By ChevChelios:
I figured I’d start my own thread and not clog up the other one. I got a new Micro Dagger complete frame yesterday from PSA. A few things I noticed when I first got it and as I was cleaning it.

Fit and finish are very nicely done. Ergos feel good in the hand. Stippling seems slick until you grab it. Then it feels like it locks into the hand pretty well. The slide release seems to be sticking a bit. Upon further inspection it seems that the tab for the release is rubbing the frame. Also, when I first mounted the slide to the frame; if I pulled the slide allllll the way back, it would get stuck and hang there, unless I bumped it with my hand. I noticed a very small piece of plastic burr on the back left slide rail. I removed that AFTER I fired it, only cause I noticed it in the cleaning after firing.

The trigger shoe feels good in my hands. However, there seems to be a bit of flex by the hinge. Not sure if this will interfere in anyway, or if it will cause the gun to go off, but I’m keeping an eye on that.

As for ammo, I shot 10rds of Unlimited Ammos “Nukes”. It’s their version of hollow points. Followed with 50rds of FMJ ammo from the same company.

The gun only had one malfunction to go fully into battery, I attribute that to the small plastic burr, once I removed that and hand cycled, the slide never hung up again.

I bought this frame for $100 complete to see if I wanted another 43x. I love the Micro Dagger frame and trigger, but I need to run more ammo through it to see if it’s reliable or not.

All and all I’m pretty happy, and would recommend the frame if you wanted a 43x or 48 style option
View Quote

Tagged. Have the same build with a 43X slide. Haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevChelios] [#6]
@nomad221 if you don’t mind let me know how yours runs. I still want to put more rounds through mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

We do test-fire each frame and slide sold individually.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:
@palmettostatearmory - do y’all test fire just the frames? The Micro Dagger frame I received had a decent amount of carbon build up on it when I received it. I was just curious if y’all did or not

We do test-fire each frame and slide sold individually.

Thanks,

Josiah

Thanks Josiah! I appreciate the reply.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:10:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a G43 slide on a Micro Dagger frame too. Fit was a little tight for first 8 rounds with a failure to feed. Eight more rounds tonight without a problem. I LIKE IT! The experiment continues....
I used the PSA 15 round mag for the first 8 rounds and Glock mag for 8 rounds tonight.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#10]
@nomad221 if you don’t mind let me know how yours runs. I still want to put more rounds through mine.
View Quote

Absolutely. I'm currently waiting on parts to arrive to replace the guts and trigger bar with slim OEM parts.

Looks like there are three of us who have recently decided to build the same guns. Let's see how this pans out.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:
I have a G43 slide on a Micro Dagger frame too. Fit was a little tight for first 8 rounds with a failure to feed. Eight more rounds tonight without a problem. I LIKE IT! The experiment continues....
I used the PSA 15 round mag for the first 8 rounds and Glock mag for 8 rounds tonight.
View Quote

Sounds similar to my experience. I kind of wish I had bought one of the PSA Micro Dagger mags to try out. If all pans out, I’ll throw some more rounds down range this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked up my micro dagger frame. Same issue with my 43 slide hanging up. Thanks for posting about it. Gonna look for that burr
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Keasbeynights:
Picked up my micro dagger frame. Same issue with my 43 slide hanging up. Thanks for posting about it. Gonna look for that burr
View Quote

I wish I grabbed a pic before I removed it. Mine was on the back left slide rail, closest to the muzzle end. If that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

YES, I know this is the right side of the frame, but for illustrative purposes I’m posting this. So, where the arrow is pointing, on the slide rail itself, there was a bit of the plastic molding (the burr I speak of). So if those rails aren’t fully clean/clear, you might get the hang up issue. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:31:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keasbeynights] [#15]
Mine had that burr. I removed it, but slide still sticking in full rearward position. May try swapping in my 43s guts to see if something is binding it up there.
ETA

After fiddling and comparing with my 43 frame, I've found that the bbl is contacting the locking block and binding, causing the slide to stick at full rearward travel.

The bbl doesnt have any free play with the slide back, and pressing the muzzle end of the bbl downward unbinds it and the slide snaps forward.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#16]
An update on my slide issue on the micro dagger frame. It's the locking block. The PSA is not exactly the same size as the glock 43 block.

I swapped in the G43 locking block, and slide/barrel no longer binds up when pulled fully to the rear. I'll be reaching out to PSA. Hopefully they can just send me a new block without me having to send my whole frame back.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Keasbeynights:
An update on my slide issue on the micro dagger frame. It's the locking block. The PSA is not exactly the same size as the glock 43 block.

I swapped in the G43 locking block, and slide/barrel no longer binds up when pulled fully to the rear. I'll be reaching out to PSA. Hopefully they can just send me a new block without me having to send my whole frame back.
View Quote

Can you post pics of the differences between them ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#19]
Originally Posted By nomad221:

Absolutely. I'm currently waiting on parts to arrive to replace the guts and trigger bar with slim OEM parts.

Looks like there are three of us who have recently decided to build the same guns. Let's see how this pans out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nomad221:

Installed all of the parts today after a polish. The problem I was having with my build is gone.

Hopefully, I'll have some time to start breaking it in next weekend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Update - ran 20hrs of the “nukes” I talked about, and about another 30rds of FMJ. (I forget the exact name, but it was Winchester training? And I think they were 147gr.) Sorry I forgot to snap pics of the ammo.

Anyway, the 43slide/micro dagger frame ran fine through all the ammo, with one exception- I kept getting brass raining on my head. BUT it ate all the ammo, and locked back on last round.

When I racked the slide with no mag and no ammo, the slide still hangs up when pulled all the way to the rear. It wasn’t as bad as when I first had it, but it does still hang up.

As of right now, this is solely a range toy.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
My "aftermarket" KM tactical 43 slide/upper has run great.  

For being a 43 Slide and barrel it works well, and accurate.

I am also using Korean 10 round 43X mags which have also been reliable.

I just grabbed the $99 complete lower, added the slide and it worked - some lubrication, that is it.

I did file the slide a tiny bit so I could more easily depress the slide release when locked open - other than that its pretty much drop in.

This is a cute little 9mm.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone tired the Shield Gen 3 15 rnd mags? I assume they work fine.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Just ran my 43 slide on a micro frame yesterday .

I will say after reading this thread I did check the rails on my frame and found several burrs . After 30 min with a needle file they felt fine.

Slapped the two halves together and took them with my single 10 round OEM glock mag to the local shooting spot.

Very first round choked....it could have been a mag seating problem on my end.
Everything after that ran.
I used up some 115 fmj and around 25 rds of 147 jhps.

The only problem was erratic ejection.
Had several round fly straight back onto my ball cap ..hole in one on my shirt pocket.

Any pointers on the ejector ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I will say that the micro frame feels great in the hand!
If it proves out to be reliable the slidw will stay there for sure.
I noticed the frames are running like $60 right now...makes me think they are clearing out a batch that had rail burrs and ejector problems.

PSA is good people...as long as they keep innovating ill keep supporting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top