Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 11:15:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder]
I recently bought a G3C Taurus. This is the first Taurus I have ever owned, but I have shot a friends Taurus on occasion.

My new G3C cost just under $300 out-the-door, which I thought was a good price. I bought this pistol as a defensive carry pistol that I could practice shooting often, lots of rounds, and I could carry with me but if dropped or damaged from carry I would not particularly care.

I now have approximately 500 rounds through my G3C with no malfunctions. I have shot hollow points, factory 115 gr and 124 grain, and my own reloads. No failures! So I consider this pistol dependable for carry.

There are three upgrades I am making to the G3C. I will change out the recoil spring to an all steel recoil spring assembly, and will change out a plastic part in the back to a stainless replacement. No other mods needed in my opinion. I did order a 15-round mag. It came with two 12-round mags.

I am impressed with the G3C and I now consider it dependable enough for carry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an earlier G2C.  Taurus got these right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Look up Lakeline llc
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By snakeyes711:
Look up Lakeline llc
View Quote

Yep, already have the Lakeline stainless spring and guide rod, and the stainless striker guide. Took me about 30 minutes to do the install. I now have ninety rounds+ down range with them, no problems. I really didn't need these, but they were no problem to install and I like "steel".

Thanks for the input!

And yes, looks like Taurus got these right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes they did get these right, and the price is right as well.
I have both the G2c and G3c, (the G3c is in .40s&w) and they both work just like they should. Can't beat the price for pistols that simply do what they should for a fair price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top