Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2024 10:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s]
Finally dove in and bought my first Tisas after finding the MAC JSOC model that checked a lot of my boxes and was a great price.

I have an older Springfield Loaded but am mostly a Glock/Sig guy. Havent tinkered or swapped more than a recoil spring in my Springfield so this may be a learning experience as Ive read about changing a few small springs and testing the extractor for new 1911s.

Overall pretty happy with my purchase. The gun seems pretty smooth and I think it will feel even better after some range time. The trigger is a little heavy compared to my SA but the break is crisp and clean with a strong reset so it feels really good to me. Mag release is stiff as Ive read on most factory guns. Safety feels better than the Colts and SA's I handled in the gun store recently

Only thing Im not sure on is the front strap checkering. The site lists the front and mainspring as the same 25LPI but they are drastically different in feeling and even look. The mainspring housing is decently sharp but the front looks like the "teeth" were all flattened. Not sure if anyone else can verify theirs are the same or not. The front strap definitely isnt as aggresive but after some range time I will get a better idea.

The factory grips are pretty smooth, I think Ill need to swap the grips and might use the WC ones I have for now. Not crazy about the medallions but I bought these on the EE a few years ago. Ill probably try to find a set without medallions to buy (or trade )

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I like that pistol.

Very nice.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m very happy with mine. It’s tight and I had a few hang ups in the first 100rds buts it’s running smooth since then.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Field stripped and oiled up the gun last night. Went to the range for a bit today to break it in and see how it would shoot.

Ran 150rds through it. 50 factory FMJ and 100 of my own 230gr light reloads. Gun ran well with 2 FTFeeds that may have been with the same mag, Ill have to track them better next range trip. Used the couple Wilson mags and Mecgar I had already along with the 2 black Mecgar that came with it.

Very happy with how it shot overall. Going to strip and clean again tonight and then let it go longer before the next time.

The disconnector is still causing a drag on the slide when hand cycling. From the reading Ive been doing it seems that a sear spring replacement may help clean up the drag and help the trigger. Im not going to tune the spring to try and lighten the pull since this would be my first foray into working on a 1911. I dont want to modify the sear spring in the gun since I dont have any spare parts right now.

I definitely think Ill be loading/buying more 45ACP now to feed this gun. Pretty happy with my purchase.

Swapped out for the temporary WC grips for more bite

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#4]
So apprently these things multiply...

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice. Grips look good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
That;s a great looking 1911!  The only thing I would probably change is the grips.

I am very tempted to get one too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, those things get pretty nice to look at with a simple grip change. I’d like to scoop one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#8]
Thanks all

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ruin:
Damn, those things get pretty nice to look at with a simple grip change. I’d like to scoop one.
View Quote

Yea Im looking to order some logo-less grips for it at some point. I like the feel of the grips on the Raider, they are nice and aggressive
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 12:01:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, nice looking gun. Bummer about the front strap
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Yeah, nice looking gun. Bummer about the front strap
View Quote

I was hoping the Tisas rep could chime in if this is normal or not

@sdsimports

^I think
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#11]
The front strap on my JSOC is the same.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I am very happy they don’t make that in 9MM, or at least my wallet is.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
This one checks a lot of boxes for me. "Normal" night sights and an accessory rail in a sleeker less obtrusive style that doesn't exist would make this my ideal 1911.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By piperpa24:
Nice. Grips look good.
View Quote

They both look good OP!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
The front strap on my JSOC is the same.
View Quote

Okay thanks

Originally Posted By theguymontag:
I am very happy they don’t make that in 9MM, or at least my wallet is.
View Quote

I was hoping for a 9mm model just becuase I already buy and load so much of it. If a 9mm drops I may end up with a duplicate

Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

They both look good OP!!
View Quote

Thank you!

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#16]
Took both to the range today for some more rounds and breaking in the Raider

Additional 100rds through the JSOC

Pretty sure my 47D mags are getting worn. Seemed like a couple times the top round jumped the feed lips when loading a full mag (seating firmly)

Shot the 9mm Raider for the first time with 100rds of Blazer 115 and 50rds of Win NATO. No hangups with either but the 115 is definitely low powered for this setup and the slide felt a bit sluggish. The NATO ran smoother to me.

This is a Newb question that I havent had much luck searching today, one thing I noticed at the range for the first time is that the ambi safety sides are symmetrical/lined up. Both guns have the issue but the high/low sides are swapped. Is this normal on a 1911 or at least a Tisas? It seems weird to me but my experience is limited. My Springfield safety is symmetric but Im not sure if it was ever changed from factory.

Pictures actually make it look more subtle than it is in person
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
This one checks a lot of boxes for me. "Normal" night sights and an accessory rail in a sleeker less obtrusive style that doesn't exist would make this my ideal 1911.
View Quote

Im not a big fan of 3 dot sights (always blurry for me with the wide front post) so Id actually like to switch them on the Raider.

Ive never shot with a brass bead before but I really like the JSOC front sight.

Shooting them side by side it was definitely noticeable
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

This is a Newb question that I havent had much luck searching today, one thing I noticed at the range for the first time is that the ambi safety sides are symmetrical/lined up. Both guns have the issue but the high/low sides are swapped. Is this normal on a 1911 or at least a Tisas? It seems weird to me but my experience is limited. My Springfield safety is symmetric but Im not sure if it was ever changed from factory.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497583/1000008886-3150608.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497583/1000008887-3150609.jpg

View Quote

All of mine except the Match were even heights on both sides. My Match was similar to yours and uneven. I tweaked mine on the Match and was able to get them to even out. I'm fairly certain that is just a manufacturing issue. As long as neither lever is contacting the grip pannel it is purely cosmetic but it just drove me nuts and I had to fix mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:05:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HEATH223:

All of mine except the Match were even heights on both sides. My Match was similar to yours and uneven. I tweaked mine on the Match and was able to get them to even out. I'm fairly certain that is just a manufacturing issue. As long as neither lever is contacting the grip pannel it is purely cosmetic but it just drove me nuts and I had to fix mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Tell us what / how you tweaked the safety
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ctfish15:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This

My understanding was the way the safety halves connect they are fixed position

After watching a couple videos it looks like a safety wouldnt be too difficult to fit without any special tools (just the file)

Unfortunately the Raider wouldnt be full fde anymore though
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I had my mind made up that I was going to change it out anyway. So I just twisted the safeties in opposite directions while in the gun. I had some play in it up/down from side to side as well before tweaking it. After adjusting it the levers were the same height and it tightened up the slop. Mine was not as uneven as yours looks so that might not work for you. I was expecting it to break and replace it but I was glad it didn't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top