Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 10:31:24 AM EDT
My wife got me a new gen 5 19 for my birthday, so i'm looking at optics again. My last optic gun is a gen 4 34 with a gen 1 rmr, so it's been a while since i looked very closely at optics. What's all the rage these days? I see a lot about the holosun scs, and it's interesting, but the eps, or one of the new trijicons also look interesting(but stupid expensive). I can't help but feel I'd like something like an sro or a bigger window over these super small optics though.

Help me spend some money.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:39:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rrbgeb] [#1]
I'm sold on the ACRO.  But I just got in the new Sig Romeo X pro which is replacing a Romeo 1 on a 19.   C&H adapter plates.

Can't do green so the SCS is out for me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:41:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
Closed emmiter (glass front and back)
Aimpoint ACRO
Holosun EPS Carry
Trijicon. RCR ( made of unobtanium)

The SCS mounts to Glock MOS without a plate which puts it low enough to use factory height sights. The EPS Carry I can barely see the top 1/4 of factory height sights. If you want a full sight picture with your iron sights you will want suppressor height sights .
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Since you're already a Trijicon fan (seems so), try the SRO. I like both of mine (G30s & 41 MOS for the wider visual; easier target acquisition.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:25:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#4]
Is your G19 and MOS or regular version?

If MOS, the SCS is the only one that bolts down without a plate. It also means it is ridiculously low profile, in a good way.  The optic window is the same size as the 407K.

If it is a bald slide, then you are free to get it milled however you wish.

Do you have a price range you're trying to stay under?  What are the uses your going to use the gun for?  

507COMP is a big boy along with the SRO. Either one might be too big for concealed carry, but would be fantastic for competition or a general range gun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
Is your G19 and MOS or regular version?

If MOS, the SCS is the only one that bolts down without a plate. It also means it is ridiculously low profile, in a good way.  The optic window is the same size as the 407K.

If it is a bald slide, then you are free to get it milled however you wish.

Do you have a price range you're trying to stay under?  What are the uses your going to use the gun for?  

507COMP is a big boy along with the SRO. Either one might be too big for concealed carry, but would be fantastic for competition or a general range gun.
View Quote

MOS. Already having the 34, the 19 will be dedicated carry gun. I edc'd a plain 17 for 7 years, and it was great. I put the 34 together for uspsa and I thought i could still edc it. But... the 34 is just a little too big, and I wanted a new gun anyway.

Budget- aiming to keep things cheap, but I'm willing to save up for what I need. I am a trijicon fan, but since having a kid, I've softened my anti-chyna ways.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:
My wife got me a new gen 5 19 for my birthday, so i'm looking at optics again. My last optic gun is a gen 4 34 with a gen 1 rmr, so it's been a while since i looked very closely at optics. What's all the rage these days? I see a lot about the holosun scs, and it's interesting, but the eps, or one of the new trijicons also look interesting(but stupid expensive). I can't help but feel I'd like something like an sro or a bigger window over these super small optics though.

Help me spend some money.
View Quote
507 Comp.

I have 2 SRO's on my Shadow 2's.

I just got a 507 Comp in the mail today.  Waiting for a Blue label 34 to pop up to put it on.  Thinking about replacing the rmr on my 19 in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#7]
RCR. I have two. They rock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:09:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shotar] [#8]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By shotar:
The best value going right now is the holosun 407c from PSA for $199. RMR footprint and they hold up well. I've had one on My g45 duty pistol ( direct mill )about a year and it's held up well. Just put another on my g19 mos.

These are a great deal with about a dozen in service on individual officer guns in my agency, we have had zero problems. These are shake awake sights rated at 50k.

You will need tall iron sights.
View Quote

Fond of this combo as well. Enough so that I dumped my RMR for it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve got most of the popular dots on the market with a couple exceptions

The new RMR-HD is very nice just waiting on my slide to get back to actually use it.

I keep coming back to the 509T… proven and trusted for me

The Steiner MPS has been solid as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Fond of this combo as well. Enough so that I dumped my RMR for it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/416992/Screenshot_20240329-201242_Gallery_jpg-3173127.JPG
View Quote

I gotta say, the 407 looks really nice for the big window. I'm not against it by any means.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ve had RMRs, SROs, MPSs, 407cs, 507cs, 509s, Gideon Optics, Swamp Fox, Riton, Bushnell and Sig optics. I’ve ditched the SROs for the 507Comp and have more 407/507 than anything else. The 407c is the best value for a carry/duty optic if you ask me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If it is a carry gun I would say HOLO SCS MOS.  If a play toy or comp gun I would say SRO, Holo Comp.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
If it is a carry gun I would say HOLO SCS MOS.  If a play toy or comp gun I would say SRO, Holo Comp.
View Quote

The scs is mighty interesting. I'll have to find one in store to fondle, but I'm worried the window will be a little small. Even my rmr feels small.

I kind of debate if I'd want to use it as a suppressor host one day as well, which is a vote for the 407. Thankfully I'm poor, so I've got a little time to save up and decide.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#15]

The scs is mighty interesting. I'll have to find one in store to fondle, but I'm worried the window will be a little small. Even my rmr feels small.

I kind of debate if I'd want to use it as a suppressor host one day as well, which is a vote for the 407. Thankfully I'm poor, so I've got a little time to save up and decide.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogtired:

IMO the SCS is the future
No battery, co witnesses with factory sights and sits low in the MOS

I have one and love it. Stays in safe most of time for months at a time, always works when looked at.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I currently have ... RMR01, RMR06, RMRcc, 407K X2, Vortex Venom.

The Venom is a joke, and relegated to my Ruger Mk3 22LR.

Mixed feelings on the RMR01 as I like to control the dot, but lately have been finding that I often have the RMR06 turned down too low (bright spring sunshine).

In the past I would have said RMR06 without question.  I still feel this way regarding durability, but ...

I really like the shake awake of my 407K X2s (I have four of them in total) as well as the battery compartment that does not require me to remove the optic.  Durability?  I haven't used it to drive nails .... yet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a lot of money tied up in Aimpoint, Trijicon, Vortex (Razor level), Steiner, etc.  

However, the last dozen or so optical devices I've bought have been Holosun.  Apart from one early battery failure (Holosun marked 407k X2 battery that might of been left on for ??? long in a gun shop) I've yet to have any kind of issue with a Holosun product.  In fact, I like the EOTech-like reticle of my 515GM RDS so much ... they're getting used while Aimpoint T1/T2, CompM4/M4S and PROs are just sitting.

Before the "I ain't buy'n nutt'n made in CHINESIUM. 'merika" crowd shows up ... before you post figure out where your television, computer, smart phone ... you know where this is going.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Trijicon is the one. Stay away from Chyna garbage.

If you don't want to outlay the dough for Trijicon, take a look at the Ameriglo Haven. Made by our friends in the Phillipines and has the RMR footprint.

Decide to go all out?... try and find an RCR. Those have a closed emitter like the ACRO. Get the ACRO if you can't find or don't want to wait for the RCR.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I've just started messing with optics on pistols the last year or so because old Boomer eyes.  

So far I have a Delta Point Pro on a P320, a 407k X2 on a Kimber KDS9c and a 507C X2 on a Dagger.  No problem with any of them.

I just got a Glock 45 and ordered a SCS MOS to go with it.  I'm intrigued by the low profile and not having to use an adapter plate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:53:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Glock 19 gen 5 is a great pistol. I like it so much, I have 3 Glock 19.5 MOS.
Left ... RMRcc
Right...Trijicon SRO
Bottom...Holosun SCS

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I have an SCS on my G40, P320, VP9 and PDP and if they made them for any other models I'd have those as well. Can't beat the adapter-free low-profile mount, value and reliability. I only wish they were all closed-emitter like the P320 version.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#24]

I've slowly gone Acro on all my RDS pistols. The only one left is an RMR on a P320, but that one will probably stay. The M&P is a factory option; the Staccato and Glock use plates. To say I'm sold on it is an understatement
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jhon:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77573/IMG_0716-3148169.jpg

I've slowly gone Acro on all my RDS pistols. The only one left is an RMR on a P320, but that one will probably stay. The M&P is a factory option; the Staccato and Glock use plates. To say I'm sold on it is an understatement
View Quote

Do you conceal the 19? Friend of mine says it prints like crazy and it's not worth it. Otherwise, that was going to be my #1 pick.

I'm thinking I'll probably save up for another rmr as of right now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Do you conceal the 19? Friend of mine says it prints like crazy and it's not worth it. Otherwise, that was going to be my #1 pick.

I'm thinking I'll probably save up for another rmr as of right now.
View Quote

I do. Really depends on your build more than anything. In a T-Rex Ironside it disappears under a t-shirt with the holster setup at a straight drop at 3 o'clock. Have more issues with the grip printing or grabbing the shirt due to the texture than I do with the optic. I've been testing out the Staccato with an AIWB holster. Never carried AIWB before, decided to try it in a Tenicor Malus Sol. It completely disappears on me and is pretty comfortable; just feels weird after carrying OWB for so long.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I recently put a HOLOSUN HS507C X2 on my G19 Gen5 MOS. I used a DPP Titanium adapter plate (for 407/507) which I really like.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top