Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2024 8:32:17 PM EDT
This pretty Python is in the safe now.  Someone changed the grips along the way and I'd like it to be back to OEM.  Per Colt, the s/n dates it to 1975.

There are many styles of grips and I am not familiar with what is the right one.  Silver or gold emblem?  Walnut or Hogue style?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt always use gold medallions on old generation Python. Gen 3 stock is what you needed.

Deer Hallow has all the information you needed to determine the right stocks of your Python.
https://www.deerhollowonline.com/product/colt-python-early-3rd-generation-grips/
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Look like Herrett's to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:02:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: maxima2] [#4]
Those are nice grips.

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:35:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#5]
You need the Third Issue grips with Gold Colt medallions..........

Originals are expensive.
An excellent option are exact replicas made by Deer Hollow.  These are better then originals, and the price will usually be about the same as originals in good shape.

https://www.deerhollowonline.com/
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:37:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Those are Herret grips.  My dad’s Python, now mine has the same set along with the originals.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 5:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#7]
Eagle Grips Inc., is another great manufacturer of grips but can be pricey. Deer Hollow is another good makes. Also check ebay, as they from time to time have deals.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for the leads!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top