Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2024 11:11:44 PM EDT
Anything to look out for?

I picked this well used pistol from a friend for pretty cheap.

I have the OEM grips and MSH but I like it the way it is.

Will any series 80 slide fit on it?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Bought one when they first came out.  Worked fine, no problems what so ever.  Sold it when I decided to up grade.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I still have one. Good shooter, although I haven't shot it in a while. Back when i bought it, the dealer got several in. The one they showed me from the case and wanted to sell me had an awful lot of frame/slide play and a gritty trigger. He got another out of the back and it was much better; so I bought that one. The finish on the early ones like yours is not very durable and edge wear shows up rather quickly. Otherwise its good gun; EXCEPT; the ambi safety requires a notch in the right side grip panel that most grips don't have. Careful work with a Dremel and small head bit can fix that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:20:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]
I would install Wolf springs and a straight main spring housing.  Shoot the heck out of it!!!!

If you are going to change the slide, you might have bought the wrong pistol.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice handling gun. I got mine in 9mm, and sure have a lot of fun shooting it. I upgraded the grips on mine and it was a game changer. When I first bought it I had buyers remorse right away so it just sat in the safe. Once I changed the grips it was a joy to look at and it now gets a lot more range tie..

Link Posted: 1/11/2024 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I would install Wolf springs and a straight main spring housing.  Shoot the heck out of it!!!!

If you are going to change the slide, you might have bought the wrong pistol.
View Quote

Oh no, just was thinking if I bought a builder slide and machined it for a RDS.

Lots of mill access :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top