Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 6:32:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SrBenelli]
Just picked up an older (2012 vintage):M&P .45 with pretty dim factory night sights.... Time to upgrade.

I REALLY like the "dot the I": configuration that SX offers.  My aging eyes would very much appreciate the big front dot with the simplicity of the vertical post rear....

SX sight for M&P

Option 2 is the tried and true Trijicon... Tritium vials encased in silicone.. aluminum tubes.. sapphire lens'.. hand assembled by virgins (maybe not completely accurate on that last one).  What most of us would consider top of the line.  I just wish they were in the "dot the I" configuration...

Trijicon M&P

Again... I'm really leaning towards SX... I guess I'm asking how their quality stacks up against Trijicon?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#1]
Oops. Mistype - BIG Fingers on little phone screen

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#2]
Tried the Big Dot - wide shallow 'V' XS "stack" sights and I didn't like them for shooting with accuracy. The WIDE shallow rear "V" makes consistent sight placement difficult & thus accuracy sucked.

There are other makes who make a traditional sight set with bright center dot & a lower set tritium "bar" or "dot" to stack them for night use.

You lose nothing for daylight use which will be the vast majority of your shooting & they seem just as fast at night.

My .02 cents as someone who went that route

Trijiccon, Meprolight & Ameri-Glow, & others make excellent durable night sights with many options for color or dot placement.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I put Truglo Tritium on my M&P 45.  They are bright in the dark, but in the light the dots are very small and make accuracy difficult.

I have HiViz litewave green on my M&P Shield 45 and they work great in the light.  But they do nothing in the dark.  

I may swap out my Truglo with the HiViz H3 night sights.  They appear to have a bigger dot.  Or get it cut for a red dot.  Idk.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Night Fision all things
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SrBenelli:
Just picked up an older (2012 vintage):M&P .45 with pretty dim factory night sights.... Time to upgrade.

I REALLY like the "dot the I": configuration that SX offers.  My aging eyes would very much appreciate the big front dot with the simplicity of the vertical post rear....

SX sight for M&P

Option 2 is the tried and true Trijicon... Tritium vials encased in silicone.. aluminum tubes.. sapphire lens'.. hand assembled by virgins (maybe not completely accurate on that last one).  What most of us would consider top of the line.  I just wish they were in the "dot the I" configuration...

Trijicon M&P

Again... I'm really leaning towards SX... I guess I'm asking how their quality stacks up against Trijicon?
View Quote

Since you like to dot the i.  I have these on my Shield .45 and love them.

https://ameriglo.com/products/details/sw-301
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top