Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2023 6:53:49 PM EDT
Why would they have two dates stamped on the top above the chamber?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I would assume re-work but am not certain.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:
View Quote

Like how they rearsenal SKSs or something more?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Post WW1 Germany was prohibited from producing new military weapons (on some scale that I am not an expert in) so small arms were re-worked for use by the police. Later leading up to WW2 still under that prohibition, they began producing new guns, but used a manufacturing coding system that obfuscated the actual production date.

I have only a casual interest in Lugers, or any Weimar era arms production and am not well versed in the intricacies of all of it.

That said, I don't think I have ever seen any military production anything with double manufacturing date codes that was not a re-work at the arsenal level. Obviously mismatched principal components (barrels,frames,toggles,side plates) or re-blues( no strawed small parts trigger,safety,etc.) would be obvious signs of re-work.

If you have found something you are interested in, I'd post some pictures (there are far more knowledgeable members than I on Luger) or contact Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles and he will help you out.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Post WW1 Germany was prohibited from producing new military weapons (on some scale that I am not an expert in) so small arms were re-worked for use by the police. Later leading up to WW2 still under that prohibition, they began producing new guns, but used a manufacturing coding system that obfuscated the actual production date.

I have only a casual interest in Lugers, or any Weimar era arms production and am not well versed in the intricacies of all of it.

That said, I don't think I have ever seen any military production anything with double manufacturing date codes that was not a re-work at the arsenal level. Obviously mismatched principal components (barrels,frames,toggles,side plates) or re-blues( no strawed small parts trigger,safety,etc.) would be obvious signs of re-work.

If you have found something you are interested in, I'd post some pictures (there are far more knowledgeable members than I on Luger) or contact Tom Whiteman at Legacy Collectibles and he will help you out.
View Quote

All numbers match but the magazine from what I can tell. Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/5/2023 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#5]
@CAPT_CAVEMAN

Check this out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top