Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2023 5:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKshooter]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbcXH7BqNXk
The Flux Raider: The P320 That Transitioned To A PCC

He really likes it, and says it is seeing some .mil use.  On the other hand he says it isn't a good suppressor host, although he makes some excuses.  

I like mine a lot, and it runs an AAC tyrant fine, but I don't put a lot of suppressed rounds through it because the compactness is what sets it apart for me, and putting a can on it defeats the purpose.  He also hung a bunch of stuff off his.  I went with no side rails, smallest light I could find, and don't use 30 rd mags.  To each their own.  

Why use a chassis over a plain pistol?  Fast accurate hits at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Glock version is better honestly. I’ve owned both and sold the sig down the line. The Glock is super minimalist and still fits in the stock box.

But yeah this is the size/configuration all 9mm PDWs should be.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

I keep telling myself to suppress it, but I cant figure out what suppressor to buy.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I wanna shoot one first, but I think I like it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems pretty cool.

Where does this fall in our current legal system?

I thought "Braced Pistol" option had been "closed" so would this be a SBR or still just a handgun or ? ?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:40:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#5]
I must be getting old because I just don’t get it

Part of a PCC is having a longer barrel so pistol caliber cartridges get to higher velocities.

That’s just a pistol with a brace on it.  Same velocity.  Same capacity.  Just more accurate I guess because it’s got a stock?  You’re using extended mags for greater capacity, but it’s still not the 30 rounds you get from an actual PCC

And what in the hell military use would this have?  When would you ever need to turn your secondary into your primary and secondary?  Are you carrying the handgun in deep concealment and then putting it in the chassis for open ops?

I don’t buy it.

Tell me one application where it’s is better than an MP5, MP7, B&T, MPX, EVO or even an AR pattern PCC

The only remote advantage it might have is being more concealable fully collapsed. But it’s not much smaller than an MP7 at that point. And with the fore grip and extra mag shoved in there I’m not sure I even buy that
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trio:
I must be getting old because I just don’t get it

Part of a PCC is having a longer barrel so pistol caliber cartridges get to higher velocities.

That’s just a pistol with a brace on it.  Same velocity.  Same capacity.  Just more accurate I guess because it’s got a stock?  You’re using extended mags for greater capacity, but it’s still not the 30 rounds you get from an actual PCC

And what in the hell military use would this have?  When would you ever need to turn your secondary into your primary and secondary?  Are you carrying the handgun in deep concealment and then putting it in the chassis for open ops?

I don’t buy it.

Tell me one application where it’s is better than an MP5, MP7, B&T, MPX, EVO or even an AR pattern PCC

The only remote advantage it might have is being more concealable fully collapsed. But it’s not much smaller than an MP7 at that point. And with the fore grip and extra mag shoved in there I’m not sure I even buy that
View Quote

@trio
9mm doesn't get a whole lot faster than handgun velocities like a 357 would out of a lever gun. So a PCC really ends up with pistol ballistics no matter how you do it. This gives you shoulder/cheek/support hand contact. Coupled with the red dot, it's actually REALLY easy to get to 100+ yards. I make shots like that at rifle speed, where I can sorta sometimes do it free hand with a pistol but much slower and less often.

You also have the chance to roll with a big mag, back up mag, light, laser, etc all on the gun. The fact that it's smaller/lighter and cheaper than any of the things you mention are really good reasons. But you can also keep this stashed in a glove box, or a tiny EDC backpack and still use the backpack for actual stuff. I've used mine as a travel gun where space and weight are at a premium. Yeah it's not slinging rifle rounds but it's a lot better than a 38 in your pocket.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/450791/1_jpg-2993696.JPG

I keep telling myself to suppress it, but I cant figure out what suppressor to buy.
View Quote
What in the Cyberpunk 2077 hell....?
I like it lol.

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I need to remember to read the bottom of the page first.

We do not ship to California, New York, Washington, Connecticut, or Massachusetts unless you are active LE/MIL. We do not ship outside the United States.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:31:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trio] [#9]
I appreciate the well thought out response

You are getting 200FPS more out of a MP5 or colt AR pattern than you are out of a handgun.  And you’re able to push heavier bullets faster with the longer barrel, but I can concede that it’s very rare where that difference in velocity matters

And I can see where it’s fine for a civilian, although for defensive purposes I don’t get why you’d choose this over just a regular handgun.  You cannot conceal carry this thing.  It’s also huge for a glovebox.  Why would you choose this over any other PCC or actual rifle?  Because you’ve got a spare P320 laying around?  And you’ve already got P320 mags?  That’s the only reason.  For the cost of the chassis and gun if you really want a PCC you can get better options if you’re looking for a “long gun” for defense/.

But for big military?

No way

They can afford whatever they want. And you fall into one of two categories

1) you get what everyone else gets (vast majority of the military)

Or

2) you can have whatever you want that fits the specific mission profile

So I ask again, what mission does it fit?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#10]

You are getting 200FPS more out of a MP5 or colt AR pattern than you are out of a handgun.  And you’re able to push heavier bullets faster with the longer barrel, but I can concede that it’s very rare where that difference in velocity matters

And I can see where it’s fine for a civilian, although for defensive purposes I don’t get why you’d choose this over just a regular handgun.  You cannot conceal carry this thing.  It’s also huge for a glovebox.  Why would you choose this over any other PCC or actual rifle?  Because you’ve got a spare P320 laying around?  And you’ve already got P320 mags?  That’s the only reason.  For the cost of the chassis and gun if you really want a PCC you can get better options if you’re looking for a “long gun” for defense/.

But for big military?

No way

Or

View Quote

Bc they can?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:31:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: steviesterno16] [#11]

You are getting 200FPS more out of a MP5 or colt AR pattern than you are out of a handgun.  depends on what you've got. an MP5k has a 4.53" barrel and my glock 17 version has 4.49, so basically identical. The MP5 comes in at 4.5 pounds though, where the glock does not

And I can see where it’s fine for a civilian, although for defensive purposes I don’t get why you’d choose this over just a regular handgun.  You cannot conceal carry this thing. you can, they sell holsters for it. It's lighter than a 1911  

It’s also huge for a glovebox. it's not. Mine with a 24 mag round in it and a spare 17 in the grip absolutely fits in my tiny glove box. Same as fitting in the small portion of a basic book bag so you can use the other portion for actual stuff.

Why would you choose this over any other PCC or actual rifle?  you choose this over another PCC because you want something that fits in a small space but is still easier to shoot than a pistol. I had non-shooting women who wanted to learn to shoot easily running plate racks with this on their first few minutes where they could absolutely not do that with a pistol. I have it on video. When I moved across the country, before my family came, I was put in work housing. I wanted something with more punch than my LCP (carry at the time, I got better) but had no idea if I could hide a "real rifle". This filled that need and was great to have, plus easy to throw into the glove box in the morning to keep out of sight and somewhere only I had access.

Why would I choose it over an actual rifle? Well, once I bought a Sig Rattler I really don't carry it that much anymore. The rattler has replaced it as a backpack gun, and while that doesn't live in the glove box it fits a vault in the back of my truck, so it works. It's more annoying to carry at 6 pounds + a pound for every spare mag, but each round hits with 3x the energy of a 9mm. So this weekend camping in bear country, brought the rifle. It also cost a shit ton more than a blue label glock and a $250 piece of plastic.

View Quote

answered in your quote. For many it's a good option to have a bit more firepower in a more shootable package in a still-able-to-have-with-you package. For military? I'm not sure besides it's cool, unless you are doing executive protection or something really low vis. Otherwise yeah a rattler with subs to do "sentry" work and then supers when it goes loud.  

size comparison to 14.5” SBR, 5.5” barrel rattler (with can) and the flux. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
e
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

Is there an Uzi style, 80s leather shoulder holster to go with these? Even the cool guys are obviously not appendix carrying these or rocking some wild Safariland. I'm very curious as to the physical carrying/deployment of them for whatever situation they're getting used in.
View Quote

There is a holster for them, its a thigh rig.

I could carry it under a jacket with a sling and it probably wouldnt even be noticeable. Even more so in a small sling pack.  I think its a neat design and a niche PDW, which worked for me as I had/have lots of P320 stuff.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Interesting. Off to google I go!
View Quote

@cowboy

I got you

link
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
These show in stock on their website but further down it says 10-12 weeks for delivery. Which is it?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
These show in stock on their website but further down it says 10-12 weeks for delivery. Which is it?
View Quote

Didn't think you'd own a P320.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I have two of them that sit in the safe. This gives me a use for them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I didn't get mine direct. Lots been on the EE and reddit GAFS lately.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I’m in the same boat.  I shoot my Glocks and really don’t bring out my P320.  At the same time I can’t bring myself to sell it either.  I’m really considering doing a Form 1 and picking one of these up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:55:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt-Planet] [#23]

But for big military?

No way

Or

View Quote

This is kind of a delayed response, but I can think of at least two specific mission sets where this would be valuable in the military.

A tidbit about me: Before I left the military I did armed plain clothes work in a foreign country. In that instance I had a pistol concealed on me, and had an M4 in the back of the vehicle with a cover over it. It was awkward because anything that would require the rifle also requires me to access the trunk before I can use the rifle.

First scenario where I would choose a Flux chassis over anything would be doing executive protection or plain clothes work in a country where the Status Of Forces Agreement (SOFA) restricts US personnel to only be able to carry pistols. In that case I'd want to have an M18 on my hip in a holster and an M17 in a Flux chassis in my glove box, assuming that it lines up with the SOFA. Also, even if the SOFA did allow for it, an MP7 won't necessarily fit in the glove box of whatever SUV you're driving, and I didn't personally like having an M4 that I can't really access quickly.

The second mission set, even given all the equipment available, would be doing operations in a subterranean environment. Even the shortest rifle is going to be bigger than a Flux, while the Flux has the benefit of simplifying logistics because it uses your sidearm magazines and ammunition. Is it ideal, no, but there is no ideal right now. A lot of places in the world have tunnel complexes, as we've seen in the Israeli fighting. If there's some reason you have to go into some of those cramped tunnels and passageways, you might not get more than a pistol. I'm about 87% sure that the photo of the six M17s in the two varieties of the Raider were from an SF group that was training and testing equipment in subterranean operations. If you note, they had three stocked versions and three braced versions to see which was better under training conditions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#24]
It's a pretty cool concept, and deploying the spring-loaded brace/stock never gets old.

But, I go back and forth on whether to sell mine.  I like to shoot my guns, and I just don't enjoy shooting the Raider.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Bumping this to ask if anyone has any sucess suppressing their Flux?

Im currently looking at the Griffin Revolution or Resistance and feedback on either is difficult to come by.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Bumping this to ask if anyone has any sucess suppressing their Flux?

Im currently looking at the Griffin Revolution or Resistance and feedback on either is difficult to come by.
View Quote

@laxman09 yup, I have a griffin arms revolution 45 on my glock flux. With the full length it bogs down some with the can at it's heaviest and light loads, so I don't run it that way. For the short configuration it's fine. It can be a bit gassy as your face is all up in the action of the pistol, so that's something to watch for.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:22:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@laxman09 yup, I have a griffin arms revolution 45 on my glock flux. With the full length it bogs down some with the can at it's heaviest and light loads, so I don't run it that way. For the short configuration it's fine. It can be a bit gassy as your face is all up in the action of the pistol, so that's something to watch for.
View Quote

Hmm Ill be sticking with the 9mm cans on my sig version which is notoriously picky about what suppressors actually like to work with it.

Thanks for the feedback though!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Hmm Ill be sticking with the 9mm cans on my sig version which is notoriously picky about what suppressors actually like to work with it.

Thanks for the feedback though!
View Quote

AFAIK the revolution cans are about the same size for each 9mm and 45 version, end caps are different. I have read that the sig sometimes needs a bit of spring work to get it dialed in with the can. @manjii @manji I think knows a good bit about the flux as well, even if I don't know the right tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]

AFAIK the revolution cans are about the same size for each 9mm and 45 version, end caps are different. I have read that the sig sometimes needs a bit of spring work to get it dialed in with the can. @manjii @manji I think knows a good bit about the flux as well, even if I don't know the right tag
View Quote

Yeah, Ive read a lot and seen the "spreadsheet" about what does/doesnt work.  I dont need a suppressor, but I want one since things have sped up in the approval process.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Yeah, Ive read a lot and seen the "spreadsheet" about what does/doesnt work.  I dont need a suppressor, but I want one since things have sped up in the approval process.
View Quote

@laxman09 everyone needs a suppressor. Or really 3, one in 308, one in 45, and one in 22lr. Let's you do most of the cool things for the fewest stamps possible.

that said, in my experience the spreadsheets and reports are really a good guide but it will come down to what works for you. Your grip can make the difference. I can run full configuration long can on my short grip 365 about 99% of the time, but my buddy can pick it up and get 50% failures with the same set up because of his grip.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:48:19 AM EDT
[#31]

@laxman09 everyone needs a suppressor. Or really 3, one in 308, one in 45, and one in 22lr. Let's you do most of the cool things for the fewest stamps possible.

that said, in my experience the spreadsheets and reports are really a good guide but it will come down to what works for you. Your grip can make the difference. I can run full configuration long can on my short grip 365 about 99% of the time, but my buddy can pick it up and get 50% failures with the same set up because of his grip.
View Quote

I have all my other bases covered, pistol suppressor is the last one as its often described as the most overrated. I just think suppressing the Flux is worth it given how unique the platform is and its concealable size.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:02:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I am a fan.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#33]

I have all my other bases covered, pistol suppressor is the last one as its often described as the most overrated. I just think suppressing the Flux is worth it given how unique the platform is and its concealable size.
View Quote

Ok yeah then fire away. I went 45 can because I wanted something I could shoot on everything I owned at the time, and could handle 300BO for my HD rifle cause I didn't have a rifle can then. I do now

I'd suggest you get a small/light dedicated 9mm can then as it should be most likely to work. But overall you're right, pistol cans are fun but dumb and that novelty wears off. Mine is on my FLUX right now with HSTs for HD, but back up to a rattler
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Even the cool guys are obviously not appendix carrying these or rocking some wild Safariland. I'm very curious as to the physical carrying/deployment of them for whatever situation they're getting used in.
View Quote

Well, there will soon be a (P365) Flux for AIWB

NEW Flux Defense Raider 365: An IWB Concealable SIG P365 Chassis

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

But for big military?

No way

Or

Bc they can?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_1583_jpeg-2890124.JPG

It’s not shocking this is seeing some .mil use.  They’ve already got the M17/M18.  It’s basically an expensive accessory for the sidearm at this point.  It’s also not shocking that someone could find a use case for it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 9:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Daggertt] [#36]
I like my flux glock.

Mpx, scorpion, etc - any "pdw" style pcc with a separate mag well and pistol grip are going to be as big or bigger than a rattler without offering the option of rifle caliber bullets.

So the only reason I'd accept 9mm ballistics is for a smaller size package.

A standard 9mm handgun is the smallest option but has handgun mechanics and is limited in the range at which i can be effective with it.

The flux glock fills the niche between rattler and standard handgun. It offers increased stability and shootability as a platform while still remaining barely larger than a standard handgun - especially if you break it down.

Attachment Attached File

Pretty compact configuration. Much smaller than an mp5k or mpx, etc but offering similar ballistics and similar shootability
Attachment Attached File

Rattler compared to other "small" rifles
Attachment Attached File

Rattler compared to a full sized handgun
Attachment Attached File

Standard flux glock setup. I ended up preferring a higher red dot.
Attachment Attached File

Sig rattler next to a flux glock
Attachment Attached File

4.5" 9mm mpx - very similar ballistics to a flux glock. Much heavier and larger package.Attachment Attached File

The higher red dot also allows passive shooting with nods (on the Glock, you have to be careful because the dot is reciprocating on the slide. This is a major upgrade on the 320 version).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
I like my flux glock.

Mpx, scorpion, etc - any "pdw" style pcc with a separate mag well and pistol grip are going to be as big or bigger than a rattler without offering the option of rifle caliber bullets.

So the only reason I'd accept 9mm ballistics is for a smaller size package.

A standard 9mm handgun is the smallest option but has handgun mechanics and is limited in the range at which i can be effective with it.

The flux glock fills the niche between rattler and standard handgun. It offers increased stability and shootability as a platform while still remaining barely larger than a standard handgun - especially if you break it down.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20210731_091838_jpg-3187597.JPG

Pretty compact configuration. Much smaller than an mp5k or mpx, etc but offering similar ballistics and similar shootability
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/Screenshot_20240414-163805_Gallery_jpg-3187606.JPG

Rattler compared to other "small" rifles
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20210926_144428_jpg-3187601.JPG

Rattler compared to a full sized handgun
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20200324_214420_jpg-3187603.JPG

Standard flux glock setup. I ended up preferring a higher red dot.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20190928_114422__1__jpg-3187604.JPG

Sig rattler next to a flux glock
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/Screenshot_20240414-163901_Gallery_jpg-3187607.JPG

4.5" 9mm mpx - very similar ballistics to a flux glock. Much heavier and larger package.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20220917_140544_jpg-3187608.JPG

The higher red dot also allows passive shooting with nods (on the Glock, you have to be careful because the dot is reciprocating on the slide. This is a major upgrade on the 320 version).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435611/20211013_075610_jpg-3187610.JPG

View Quote

You and I agree 100%. Flux is great for between stuffing in your pants and a “real” gun. Any bigger and may as well go rattler.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#38]

@cowboy

I got you

link
View All Quotes

Interesting. Off to google I go!

@cowboy

I got you

link
I wonder if I could carry that as my pistol in a Run and Gun. May give me some advantage.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#39]
There’s a few people locally who compete with a raider. I think it has to be open class or there’s some kind of point or time penalty for using it but I’m not a competitor and can ask the guys who use it in competition if you PM me and wanna know. I’d have to ask them but I know they’ve used em. The owner Ben uses the P365 Raider in competitions as well. Not sure which ones but definitely knows he does.

The main think that this does over something like a MP7, MP5 etc… is it’s easier to conceal when having something on it that you can shoulder is mounted so comparing a MP5 with collapsing stock vs the raider is smaller overall, having a speed loading second 30rd mag (so way faster reloads), cross compatibility with dedicated sidearm, and availability (I don’t know of any civilians without FFL/SOTs that have a MP7’s or can get the mags/ammo easily)

It’s being used in real world down range environments, and it’s not a fix for every role, but definitely has its places and besides that is a bad ass cool little range pistol and at the end of the day that’s what 99% of us buy guns for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top