Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 3:49:35 PM EDT
So, I just bought a Sig P365XL with a manual safety. Got it yesterday and went through around 150 rounds today. Love it so far. Much more consistent groups for me than the Hellcat that I traded in towards it.

Anyway, I have a question about something. On the 365XL I bought, you can take the optics plate off and the rear sights stay on. Every review I've gone through to look at has the optics plate with the rear sight attached and coming off with the plate. Sig's website shows the XL with the rear sights that stay on. Is this a new variation? Is this the only thing new about the 365XL I just bought? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. the newer version. Not aware of any other changes though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampvol:
Yes. the newer version. Not aware of any other changes though.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m pretty sure the newer ones just say X on the side as well.  Not XL.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine does…
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]
If the rear sight is affixed to the optic plate, the answer is no. If the rear sight is fitted into a dovetail slot, then yes. I have a P365XL that had the ROMEOZERO (w/built-in rear sight) on it originally. It did not have provision for a separate rear sight. When I changed out the optic, I bought an adapter for the optic (RMRcc) I was going to use and that allowed for a rear sight to be added for co-witness purposes. I added the new sights (front and rear).

Attachment Attached File

If you are planning on adding an optic, you should be able to use the new ROMEO-X COMPACT (built-in rear sight) with no issues.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
If the rear sight is affixed to the optic plate, the answer is no. If the rear sight is fitted into a dovetail slot, then yes. I have a P365XL that had the ROMEOZERO (w/built-in rear sight) on it originally. It did not have provision for a separate rear sight. When I changed out the optic, I bought an adapter for the optic (RMRcc) I was going to use and that allowed for a rear sight to be added for co-witness purposes. I added the new sights (front and rear).

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Resized_20231227_115033_jpeg-3177470.JPG

If you are planning on adding an optic, you should be able to use the new ROMEO-X COMPACT (built-in rear sight) with no issues.
View Quote

What adapter plate is that? Would be a good upgrade to one of my XL's...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

What adapter plate is that? Would be a good upgrade to one of my XL's...

ROCK6
View Quote

Forward Controls Design OPF-P365X, RMRcc

This is the sight set for use with the RMRcc.

BIS P365X
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the new one with the rear sight dovetailed in. I would like to have gotten a Trijicon RMRcc to go on it, but I just didn't want an optic sitting that high. The Sig Romeos just look cheesy to me, so I wound up getting the Holosun 507k. Sits nice and the cutout in the back of the sight allows for a cowitness. Pretty happy with the set up. Trijicon needs to come out with a line that works with the RMSc footprint...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top