Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2024 11:54:11 AM EDT
I bought the full size PDP Pro and like it so much I had to buy the Compact version.

I have a red dot on the Full Size but would like to just run XS (iron - night) sights on the Compact.
That being said I have one small first world gripe about the Pro - the cheap plastic slide cut cover that comes on them.
I realize Walther was thinking everyone would immediately chuck them for a red dot but you would think on a $900 pistol they could do better than a cover made from recycled Easter egg plastic.

All that being said, is anyone aware of someone making a metal cover (that would actually line up to the slide serrations )?  I doubt there is much of a market for these but thought I would consult arfcom.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming this is the same as your factory plastic cover?

Find a friend that can make one out of a piece of aluminum for you. But I think you’re on your own aftermarket wise
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
Assuming this is the same as your factory plastic cover?

Find a friend that can make one out of a piece of aluminum for you. But I think you’re on your own aftermarket wise
View Quote

Yes that’s craptastic piece.

I think you are right.  If I only had a machinist friend!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Very frustrating for an expensive pistol like the PRO, (however it can be found for $699 now) that it has so many plastic parts that really should be metal. Besides the plate cover, there's the scrappy plastic sights and still has a plastic guide rod. My guess is there are other plastic parts I don't realize as well. But on the PRO version those 3 should be metal. IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top