Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2022 5:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PalmettoStateArmory]

DaggerTM Pistol Models Explained

With SHOT Show less than three weeks away, I thought I'd take this opportunity to explain the existing DaggerTM pistol models.

There are currently four DaggerTM pistol models,
  • Compact (G19)
  • Compact X (G19L)
  • Full Size - S (G19X/G45)
  • Full Size - SX (G47)
We expect the Micro DaggerTM (G43X) MRDS-cut slide assembly and 15-round polymer G43X/G48 magazine to drop around SHOT Show with the Micro DaggerTM frame to follow.  The .22 LR DaggerTM was unofficially announced in January 2022 with an approximate timeframe of October.  Hopefully, the .22 LR DaggerTM will make it's offical debut at SHOT Show next month.

DaggerTM Compact vs Compact X Slide Assembly

The differences between the DaggerTM Compact and Compact X slide assemblies are,
  • Compact X Slide is 0.5" longer (G17-length) than Compact Slide
  • Compact X Slide has Integrated Dust Cover 1
  • Compact X Barrel is 0.5" longer (G17-length) than Compact Barrel 2
  • (Internal Parts and Recoil Spring Assembly are Identical)
1 - The DaggerTM Compact X slide assembly is not compatible with an OEM Glock or aftermarket G17 frame. As the name implies, the DaggerTM Compact X slide assembly is intended for compact frames such as a G19 gen3 frame (e.g., DaggerTM Compact frame) and gen3-based G19X/G45/G47 frame (e.g., DaggerTM Full Size - S frame). The DaggerTM Compact and Compact X slide assemblies are also compatible with gen4-5 compact frames with minor considerations.
2 - In order for a G17 barrel to be compatible with a compact gen3 frame (e.g., DaggerTM Compact and Full Size - S frames), the barrel must have a G19 gen1-5 barrel "lug". With respect to an OEM Glock G17 barrel, this lug was first introduced with gen5. Aftermarket G19L barrels (e.g., Brownells 19LS barrel) may be compatible with the DaggerTM Compact X slide and DaggerTM Compact and Full Size - S frames.

DaggerTM Compact vs Full Size - S Frame

The differences between the DaggerTM Compact and Full Size - S frames are,
  • Full Size - S Frame is 0.5" higher (G17-height) than Compact Frame
  • (Internal Parts are Identical)
Note: The DaggerTM Full Size - S frame can be considered a gen3-based G19X/G45 frame "clone". Per OEM Glock nomenclature, the G19X/G45 is a compact pistol, specifically a compact crossover, not a full (or standard) size pistol.

(click to enlarge)

Glock vs PSA Nomenclature

We have created two charts which organize all of the Glock 9mm pistol models and PSA DaggerTM 9mm pistol models based on the different frame sizes using the Glock nomenclature.

(click to enlarge)

Note: The G19X frame is slightly different than the G45 frame. We assume the G45 and G47 share the same frame. For these reasons, we split "COMPACT CROSSOVER" into two columns, one for the G19X frame and one for the G45/G47 frame.

The following chart further illustrates that all four DaggerTM models involve compact frames (despite PSA's use of the term "Full Size - S").

(click to enlarge)

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I  enjoy the numerous references to Dagger being trademarked but none to glock being trademarked.  

In all seriousness, my dagger (tm) has been great, i love it.  If i got commission off recommending it, that would probably buy another.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By general_cluster: I  enjoy the numerous references to Dagger being trademarked but none to glock being trademarked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By general_cluster: I  enjoy the numerous references to Dagger being trademarked but none to glock being trademarked.
It's kind of my trademark.  It's a lot of work.

In all seriousness, my dagger (tm) has been great, i love it.  If i got commission off recommending it, that would probably buy another.
I'm not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory or any other company under the JJE Capital Holdings, LLC umbrella.  I don't profit from the sale of the DaggerTM or DaggerTM-related products (or any product for that matter) in any way, shape, or form.  I'm just trying to help people.

You can find more information regarding the entire DaggerTM line of products here,
Palmetto State Armory DaggerTM
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you, greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:

I'm not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory or any other company under the JJE Capital Holdings, LLC umbrella.  I don't profit from the sale of the DaggerTM or DaggerTM-related products (or any product for that matter) in any way, shape, or form.  I'm just trying to help people.

You can find more information regarding the entire DaggerTM line of products here,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:

Nice, thanks for putting this together.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you interchange 3rd Gen G19 slide assemblies with Dagger compact slide assemblies including barrels?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gqllc: Can you interchange 3rd Gen G19 slide assemblies with Dagger compact slide assemblies including barrels?
View Quote
Yes.  A DaggerTM Compact slide assembly (including barrel and recoil spring assembly) is a G19 gen3 slide assembly.

The exception is the DaggerTM Compact X slide assembly which involves a G17 gen5 barrel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
This was VERY helpful to me, thank you.  I'm looking to try an optic with the least output of cashflow, I think I'm going to top my current 19 with a new Dagger Compact top.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#9]
So if I want a threaded barrel for my Full Size - SX, I have to get a G17.5 barrel? Are they all compatible or is it hit or miss?
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#10]
So the Dagger X slide will not work with my P80 G17 frames? Bummer.

Do you have any plans on making G17 slides that work with P80 or OEM G17 slides? There's a ton of people who want them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#11]
SammiTactical has a few on ebay and they say they are coming out with some more
PSA Compact Dagger Flared lengthened Magwell 17+ Round Mag Compatible! | eBay
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread should live at the rop of this sub-forum.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By durtychemist: This thread should live at the rop of this sub-forum.
View Quote
I've handed off that chart to Matt Benoit at Palmetto State Armory.  He has a version of the chart for the Micro Dagger.  At some point, I'm sure he'll update the chart with the Dagger Full Size - L (G17 gen3), 10mm, 45 and .22 LR "concept guns" that were announced this morning, assuming they ever come to fruition.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2024 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's Matt's Micro Dagger chart ...

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:48:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9mmstephen] [#15]
Is the Full Size Dagger L going to be based on the Glock 17 Frame or Glock 19 Frame? (Will G17 frames fit?).
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:
Is the Full Size Dagger L going to be based on the Glock 17 Frame or Glock 19 Frame? (Will G17 frames fit?).
View Quote

It's supposed to be the G17 equivalent.

The SX is the current G47 equivalent.  

X slide = G17 length slide (like G49)
S frame = G17 length frame (like G45)

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

It's supposed to be the G17 equivalent.

The SX is the current G47 equivalent.  

X slide = G17 length slide (like G49)
S frame = G17 length frame (like G45)

View Quote
Yea but you can see in the prototype pics that the locking block location is the same as the compact, which means it would use G17 gen 5 barrels, etc but not earlier gens.  It is just the prototype though so who knows once it's done.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Yea but you can see in the prototype pics that the locking block location is the same as the compact, which means it would use G17 gen 5 barrels, etc but not earlier gens.  It is just the prototype though so who knows once it's done.
View Quote

I haven't looked at any photos or watched any of the videos they put out. I just know that in the past they said something about a Gen 3 G17 copy.

I suppose they could take the S frame and just lengthen the dust cover but that really sounds like a waste of time.  The current S frame would take a Gen 5 G17 barrel already and mate with the X slide.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I haven't looked at any photos or watched any of the videos they put out. I just know that in the past they said something about a Gen 3 G17 copy.

I suppose they could take the S frame and just lengthen the dust cover but that really sounds like a waste of time.  The current S frame would take a Gen 5 G17 barrel already and mate with the X slide.
View Quote
Agreed, which has me scratching my head as well.  Hell, the prototype they show even looks like it has their X slide, you can see the extra length to the "nose" peeking through.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top