Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2022 10:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JHardballer]
If you are building a Para Ordnance Warthog frame (like the frames sold by SARCO); the grip screw size is as follows:  6-48 TPI x 3/16.  I went to my local True Value hardware store and purchased eight O-Rings at .29 cents a piece and eight grip screws at .59 cents a piece.  The total cost was $7.00 total.   I hope this helps any builders.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there a kit they sell to finish the frame?  I've been wanting a warhog for a while. @Jhardballer
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, JD.

I just picked up a low mileage used Warthog from somewhere around 2004, and getting it running well.

The spare/proprietary parts for these things seems to be Sarco and Numrich, and these are sparce.   I found the mag catch and trigger shoe/bar, as the primary frame specific parts.  I have not checked too many other parts for uniqueness.

EGW sells an oversize extractor to replace the Para Power Extractor, which I am not fond of.  EGW also sells a 3" 1911 recoil assembly that fits a lot of different models, and fits the Warthog perfectly.  You can then use ISMI off the shelf springs.

I had a P10 way back in the day, and it's funny I have come back to it.  Once I wring things out, it will definitely be carried.  It's a crazy little beast, and super simple to belt or AIWB.

Craig
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m curious on these too.  What the scoop with mags (specifically 9mm)?  IIRC Warthog & P10 (or is it P12 for 9mm?) mags are same-same?

Also, assuming the longer mags fit - anyone make sleeves for ‘em that do a decent job extending the grip?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
FC,

I cannot specifically address the 9mm mags, but in the 45 size, the mag situation is a little goofy.  When you buy from Sarco/Numrich/Ebay, in the 45 they will list model numbers but it is not terribly perfect.  I picked up a couple of 10 round standard capacity 45 that actually hang below the frame a 1/4 inch or so.  Others I have picked up fit flush.  I have found actual Para marked mags, Mec-Gar and the ones that protude a fuzz are unmarked.  My 14 round extended mags to fit and run, albiet sticking way out.  I did see one guy on Youtube doing sleeves via 3-d printing, but it was an old video.

If you jump into these old Para's, plan for a lot of head scratching, and a bit of frustration.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks - figured some research would be required!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Only thing I didn't know about the Warthog is it's unreliable if limp wristing. Both hands with arm locked shoots like raped ape.
Top Top