Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2021 8:23:34 PM EDT
I am thinking about getting one of these frames from Sarco . Getting different info about Para frames, some cast some forged and different finishes.
It is cut for ramped barrel. What are those goofy dots in front of slide stop? Anyone try one of these?

" />
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Paras Quailty was iffy on a good day.
I would pass.

I have done a few builds on 1911's.
Alot of work, when the smoke clears , you have that dream gun you pictured.
The gun isn't worth much because you built it from parts. And you ain't a big name smith.
And last when you sit down with a paper and pencil and add up cost and time , you could have just bought a Nighthawk Custom.

Been there , Done that, And got the t shirt!

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the man knows what he is talking about.  It seems like paras were around and kind of popular.  Then they were gone,??    I hear nothing about them anymore.  It sounds like a pass on this frame.  Unless you have money to burn and learn with..
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]
For a little while I considered a Para Ord LDA single stack.

Light Double Action is a really smooth and light pull but the only real reason is to scare fewer people when open carrying.

If you want to build a 1911, why not try it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I drop in here every so often to see what if happening....I dont own a Para, but I did at one time, a Para P12, steel frame, 1995-1997 time frame, was an outstanidng pistol, was flawless....the one pistol I regret selling

I hear some many so-so stories about Para's, but mine was perfect

Bronc
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased one and it shipped quickly, I have $161 in it. Not looking for a high end dream gun and will have nowhere near Nighthawk prices in this pistol. It is well machined with a nice finish. Unlike the $360 Caspian I ordered I can find no casting marks.
Should have about $650 in it. Waiting on hammer, sear and disconnect from Cylinder and Slide to finish assembly.

" />
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Those goofy dots are a QR code. Snap a photo on a smart phone or other scanner and it replicates the serial number and other data describing the pistol.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 3:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I have built four shooters using the Rock Island 1911 stripped frames sold by Sarco. A little work and you have a pistol with all of the features that you desire. Besides, if it breaks you know how to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#8]
You convinced me to purchase a Commander length frame from SARCO.  Did your frame arrived to you with any features like grip screw bushings or a plunger tube assembly attached ?  Let me know some more details about your build and how it is coming. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 7:23:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: contango66] [#9]
The frame came with plunger tube installed. Good shooter, reliable, not too many $ Really don't like the frame markings but

" />
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:42:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JHardballer] [#10]
i just finished my build -- a Springfield 3 1/2 inch V-10 45 ACP Stainless Steel slide on top of the Para Ordnance Commander length frame.  I changed the slide to a Para Ordnance Warthog frame.  Don't worry the commander frame will getting it's own slide.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently picked up a Commander size frame also. $150 from Sarco. It is well made with DLC finish. The frame is cut for a ramped barrel and it was hard for me to find a 4.25" ramped barrel in .45.
There was a tag on it that said Black Ops.

" />

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top