[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:55:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#8]
S2’s are ridiculous (in a good way).
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
After not liking dots for a while, I have finally come around. Only 3 range sessions so far, but making progress. Will be a while before I am as accurate as I want to be with the dot, but practice & dry fire are key. ;)
So much so that I am now thinking about sending my XD-M Elite slide out for milling so I can slap a dot on that too
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
After not liking dots for a while, I have finally come around. Only 3 range sessions so far, but making progress. Will be a while before I am as accurate as I want to be with the dot, but practice & dry fire are key. ;)
So much so that I am now thinking about sending my XD-M Elite slide out for milling so I can slap a dot on that too
View Quote
Way to stick with it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:21:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkinsID] [#11]
Dots take a good shooter and make them even better.  I resisted the dot for a long time.  Now, all my Glocks (12) have dots.  

I shot my CCW course last weekend.   I was so incredibly accurate, two of the rangemasters fist bumped me afterward.  

Dots are game changers.

Wait until you do a nightshoot with a dot.  It is 10x better than tritium sights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
This is the third G19 with RMR I have. Just got the slide back from Wager Machine. I thought I was done with gen 3s but a $350 new in box pistol was too hard to pass up. Scored this mint RM07 off the EE for $325. And the TLR7 was $75. Can't beat it for that price.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
This is the third G19 with RMR I have. Just got the slide back from Wager Machine. I thought I was done with gen 3s but a $350 new in box pistol was too hard to pass up. Scored this mint RM07 off the EE for $325. And the TLR7 was $75. Can't beat it for that price.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200145/IMG_1695_jpeg-3153488.JPG
View Quote
@jbecker_72

tell me about this tape
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
@jbecker_72

tell me about this tape
View Quote
Howie's hockey tape. Really nice when your hands are sweaty. Not uncomfortable when carrying AIWB rubbing against your skin like grip tape. It's about $8 a roll on Amazon or eBay.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:54:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I want to want a dot so badly, but it just seems like they aren’t there yet. I can’t understand why people are OK with an open emitter on a carry gun and the close emitter stuff seems huge.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Winfield_C:
I want to want a dot so badly, but it just seems like they aren’t there yet. I can’t understand why people are OK with an open emitter on a carry gun and the close emitter stuff seems huge.
View Quote

Carry guns are generally carried IWB where they aren’t getting banged around. It’s really a non issue.

And your hang up with enclosed emitters is with looks and not function.

You are really just making excuses.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I want to want a dot so badly, but it just seems like they aren't there yet. I can't understand why people are OK with an open emitter on a carry gun and the close emitter stuff seems huge.
View Quote
Here is a pretty good point of view on open vs closed emitter from a guy that's pretty well respected in the field.

Quick review of the Trijicon RCR

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:41:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#18]
I want to want a dot so badly, but it just seems like they aren't there yet. I can't understand why people are OK with an open emitter on a carry gun and the close emitter stuff seems huge.
View Quote
Open emitter hasn't been a problem for me when carrying or when using them in inclement weather. Had a long and rainy range session recently and the RMR did fine. Fogging due to the gun getting hot was the largest issue, and my rifle with a T2 had the same problem. Whatever, you just end up shooting partly occluded.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Carry guns are generally carried IWB where they aren’t getting banged around. It’s really a non issue.

View Quote

I think that’s mostly a fair assessment - I worry that the size of an acro would make it more difficult to carry, but that’s conjecture since I’ve never tried. I think I’m just hoping I can be talked into it
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]

I think that's mostly a fair assessment - I worry that the size of an acro would make it more difficult to carry, but that's conjecture since I've never tried. I think I'm just hoping I can be talked into it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Castillo:

Carry guns are generally carried IWB where they aren't getting banged around. It's really a non issue.

I think that's mostly a fair assessment - I worry that the size of an acro would make it more difficult to carry, but that's conjecture since I've never tried. I think I'm just hoping I can be talked into it
Plenty of LE and Mil units are using open emitters on far worse conditions than the average concealed carrier.  While it can be an issue under very specific circumstances, it's not an issue that can't be trained around.  And closed emitters only look big and bulky.  Some of the Holosun closed emitter options are pretty small, but none of them are all that big.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
The frame and slide of the gun are considerably larger than the Acro.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Big dots and larger windows are awesome. I'd even go so far as to say they would be a good training aid for someone new to red dots or for someone with astigmatism. Yes, you can make a small dot bloom and appear larger but it will look like a huge spaghetti monster to many. With a larger perceived dot, you can dial down the brightness and and keep the reticle looking much cleaner.

Good segment on larger dots. Watch from 2:50 to 7:42:

Red Dots on pistols - Everything you need to know in selecting one

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#25]
MRDS Everything.

Sent these off before Christmas.  Had them back a couple of weeks.  Both are TGS LEM.

Wright Armory I-Dot conversion.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Clearly you sir have a refined taste in red dots
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 1:05:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I got a new 34 and behind it is my practice Shadow 2.

Paint on the mag denotes dryfire only mag with full weight dummies.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#31]
The Crew

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:36:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Just a few of my optic equipped pistols.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#34]
This is 4 minutes of solid gold and I've found this to be 100% true. In fact I've started challenging myself in practice to do this:

"You want to get to where you're comfortable with the red dot leaving your awareness."

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
This is 4 minutes of solid gold and I've found this to be 100% true. In fact I've started challenging myself in practice to do this:

"You want to get to where you're comfortable with the red dot leaving your awareness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQx3FAot2Hg
View Quote

Great video
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Trying out a new dot

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a Glock or two I want to send out for optic cuts. Do you guys pay to have the cut refinished or leave it bare and do it yourself with cold blue, spray paint, or rainbow glitter? If I pay to refinish it, it’s dang near $225 for the cheapest option.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CJFirefly:
I have a Glock or two I want to send out for optic cuts. Do you guys pay to have the cut refinished or leave it bare and do it yourself with cold blue, spray paint, or rainbow glitter? If I pay to refinish it, it's dang near $225 for the cheapest option.
View Quote
My last one cost $150 for the cut, suppressor sights, and cerakote on the whole slide.

https://wagermachineworks.com/
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
My last one cost $150 for the cut, suppressor sights, and cerakote on the whole slide.

https://wagermachineworks.com/
View Quote

Thanks, I haven’t heard of them. Are you happy with their work?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CJFirefly:

Thanks, I haven't heard of them. Are you happy with their work?
View Quote
Very. They have super fast turn around time and do good work. They've milled four Glock slides for me now. Three RMR cut and one ACRO. Happy with them all.
Page / 67
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top