Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/29/2023 8:56:08 AM EDT
I wouldn't do it very often, but I wear Hagger pants and the pockets are roomy enough for LBJ to scratch his balls, so I think I could get away with it occasionally.

How are the Sticky holsters for pocket use?  

When I pocketed a J-frame, I used a simple Uncle Mike's holster.  I'm sure anything they make now is straight out of china, so that's probably out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s pretty heavy for pocket carry.

Would you pocket carry a G19?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I did in back pocket covered by shirt
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FredMan:
It’s pretty heavy for pocket carry.

Would you pocket carry a G19?
View Quote

How about a Ricky Mouse G26L?

I've carried this once (condition 3 since I had no suitable pocket holster)...

Attachment Attached File

People pocket carry the SP101 and it's a heavy boi.  I'm not talking every day, but there are times it would be helpful. Many say you can't pocket the G26, but I've done that plenty of times in the past.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the g26 in Duluth pants.  DeSantis pocket holster.  Thinking about vp9sk, too.  It's only a little bigger.  But no optic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#5]
I tried pocket carry a few times but always had issues with the draw and the gun snagging on the way out. Not a big deal with my 442 with smooth wood grips but with anything else with real sights or a rubbery grip, never worked for me.

The VP9SK is an excellent gun for carry and if you can manage pocket carry, more power to you. I would be leery about a soft holster protecting the trigger in my pocket though. If it were me, I would try to get, if they make them, a kydex holster like a Vedder Pocket Locker or some other sort. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By patw:
I would be leery about a soft holster protecting the trigger in my pocket though. Just my 2 cents
View Quote

I'll take that into consideration, didn't think about that.  99% of my experience was with a J-frame and the 1% was a G26 with a 8lb trigger

I've read about some guy, Alabama holsters?  I'll check things out on a hard version.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 5:01:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rotorblade] [#7]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
I wouldn't do it very often, but I wear Hagger pants and the pockets are roomy enough for LBJ to scratch his balls, so I think I could get away with it occasionally.

How are the Sticky holsters for pocket use?  

When I pocketed a J-frame, I used a simple Uncle Mike's holster.  I'm sure anything they make now is straight out of china, so that's probably out.
View Quote

They are just too thick to Pocket Carry. Pocket carry is all about Concealed and looking like a wallet in your pocket.  Don't let the SK fool ya its a chopped barrel and grip. THATS it.  Same thickness ALMOST as a VP9.  YES I tried it. NO it doesn't work.  Too thick.

I found a Glock 43 to be about as thick as I am willing to go. I have since stopped pocket carrying. Arthritis in my hands has led me to let it go. Just cant get a good grip and handle the recoil of the little thing.  It's been years now.  Since sold the gun and all the pocket holsters I had.

If you can manage it pocket carry is the best deep cover carry.  ALSO you have to know your limitations and know when to stop. Training is an issue because most places will not let you draw from a pocket.

Be careful around LE while Pocket Carrying because what's the first thing they tell you. KEEP your Hands Visible and out of YOUR POCKETS!!!!

YMMV

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:

They are just too thick to Pocket Carry. Pocket carry is all about Concealed and looking like a wallet in your pocket.  Don't let the SK fool ya its a chopped barrel and grip. THATS it.  Same thickness ALMOST as a VP9.  YES I tried it. NO it doesn't work.  Too thick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Handgun Hero says 1.31" vs 1.26" for the G26, which I had zero issue pocket carrying comfortably.  It's a chonky boi, but still 3oz less than the SP101 that some people still carry.

Be careful around LE while Pocket Carrying because what's the first thing they tell you. KEEP your Hands Visible and out of YOUR POCKETS!!!!

YMMV

It's Texas, they know everyone is carrying .  I think the general rule is as long as Rusty stays in the pocket, you'll be fine

Appreciate your input. Like I said, it's going to be extremely rare that i do it (less than six times a year). If I even get close to doing it once a month, I'd probably pick up a cheap LCP for that purpose.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Pocket carry a P30Sk every day in a DeSantis holster. P30sk and VP9sk are virtually the same size. It's a pretty thick setup, but it's one of the only ways I make sure I'm always armed. No it doesn't look like a wallet. I'm sure tons of people spot it. Who cares?

I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the new slim HK concealed carry pistol.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
With the lack of safety, I am leery of pocket carrying a striker fired pistol with a round in the chamber without a holster.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've pocket carried a PPS and that is as large and heavy as I'm willing to go in a pocket. All double stack sub compacts are just to thick IMHO. Revolvers are easier to hide in the pocket because they're lumpy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve pocket carried mine.

No holster. Just threw mine into my pocket. I’ve pocket carried a USPc and a P2000 as well as my P30SK
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll slip mine in the right front pocket in my TAD Recon pants and shorts if I'm not going to be out all day, chamber empty.  Fits fine, draws easy, might print but I usually have my shirt untucked.

I'd like to get a Recluse horsehide pocket holster for it, but they don't and won't make one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By VaregoSix:
I'll slip mine in the right front pocket in my TAD Recon pants and shorts if I'm not going to be out all day, chamber empty.  Fits fine, draws easy, might print but I usually have my shirt untucked.

I'd like to get a Recluse horsehide pocket holster for it, but they don't and won't make one.
View Quote

I'd find someone to make a trigger guard 'holster' for it that you can loop to your belt loop so it pulls off when you draw...

lots of custom makers out there, I'm sure someone would do this.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top