Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 6:30:02 PM EDT
What's the preferred RMR plate for optics-ready VP9?  There's the steel plate from HK at $59, and a steel Forward Controls Design VP9 plate at about $80.  Or is there somebody else I should choose?  Looks as if CHPWS also offers a plate, but aluminum.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagging for responses. Which is lowest profile?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up the RMR #2 plate from HKParts.  In stock and delivered within a couple days.  I got back from Vietnam last night and got the plates in the mail today.  I ordered when I was overseas.  My 507 comp Green was waiting for me as well.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The factory plates work great on mine. I guess you could get a slightly thinner one, but I don't think it would make a very noticeable difference.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:
What's the preferred RMR plate for optics-ready VP9?  There's the steel plate from HK at $59, and a steel Forward Controls Design VP9 plate at about $80.  Or is there somebody else I should choose?  Looks as if CHPWS also offers a plate, but aluminum.
View Quote

@WI_Bill

Which optic are you thinking of putting on it?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I used the factory #2 plate.  No issues.  I ordered mine from AIM Surplus.  I think they had them for $40.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WI_Bill] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By C-4:

@WI_Bill

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C-4:
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:

@WI_Bill

RMR.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 5:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#7]
I have a factory HK #2 plate and it fits great with no issues. They can be found for around $40-50. Holosun makes a rds that fits right into the slide without  a plate needed. They are even being shipping/sold mounted on a Vp9 from Hk.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By patw:
I have a factory HK #2 plate and it fits great with no issues. They can be found for around $40-50. Holosun makes a rds that fits right into the slide without  a plate needed. They are even being shipping/sold mounted on a Vp9 from Hk.
View Quote

To clarify, the Holosun SCS VP9 is only being shipped with the VP9SK as a package from HK.  It's not available as a package on other VP9 models such as the normal VP9, Long slide, Match, tactical.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
EGW makes good stuff for a decent price: https://egwguns.com/trijicon-rmr-sro-holosun-407c-507c-adapter-mount-for-hk-vp9-optics-ready

Or HK parts is good too, I've used both.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:41:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Useafortyfive] [#10]
Make sure you aren’t cheaping out on mounts.  
Good TFBTV video on this just came out.  
Avoid These Common Gun Owner Mistakes
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top