Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 7:26:14 PM EDT
I will be getting my first RDS (Holison SCS-green). Going to send my Glock slide to be cut for the SCS. The slide currently has Meprolites green dots.

I am thinking that having night sights in conjunction with the RDS would be too much of a distraction in low light. I’ve never owned or shot with a RDS before so just seeing what everyone’s take is on this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Plain black with a red dot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#2]
Non issue IME.

Blacked out rear, tritum/white ring front.

ETA:

Trijicon RMR and Holosun 407c-x2.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never had an issue with having RDS and night sights.  When I'm using the dot I see the dot.  When I'm using irons I see the irons.  I do like having the night sight option in case of RDS failure.  But I haven't had an issue with that yet either.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
the only reason that might be an issue is because

1)   your choice of optic will put it really low to the slide (not that that’s a bad thing) and so you may get a greater co-witness with your sights

2)  because your optic is a green dot, it will look at least slightly similar to the glow of the green trijicon inserts….whereas a red dot would be obviously distinguishable

all that said, it will be easy to figure it out pretty quickly, and will be an easy fix if it does end up mattering, so probably not too much stress

i wouldn’t have that issue because with my astigmatism the dot from the optic is instantly distinguished from the sight
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top