Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2024 4:52:01 PM EDT
Remove if someone has already asked this.

I understand that with the narrow nature of a 1911/2011 slide, most manufacturers use an adapter plate to allow for the RMR footprint to fit.

Tisas opted to cut for RMSc that fits without the plate, but leaves us unable to install an SRO or 507COMP. CHPWS will gladly design and create a plate to go from RMSc to RMR footprint for me for $250+ but that quickly starts to defeat the purpose of a "budget" DS 1911.

Anyone have any other thoughts or have they found this plate somewhere already created?

I know I can probably have the slide re-milled for an existing plate like a Staccato plate, but that's $100+ for the plate and then add the milling costs. Again, quickly defeating the purpose of a "budget" DS 1911.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Why did you buy it if you have a problem with the optic footprint?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't bought it. I'm asking this question BEFORE I buy to see if it's still worth buying.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacNac:
I haven't bought it. I'm asking this question BEFORE I buy to see if it's still worth buying.
View Quote

That makes a lot more sense.  Why not just go with something like a 407/507K? I've got one mounted on one of my CCW's and it is a great optic. I wouldn't want to mess with "adapter" adapter plates and having to order new iron sights.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Advance:

That makes a lot more sense.  Why not just go with something like a 407/507K? I've got one mounted on one of my CCW's and it is a great optic. I wouldn't want to mess with "adapter" adapter plates and having to order new iron sights.
View Quote
I'm thinking about the 5" version being a decent budget gun to be my first "2011" in USPSA. I have a k-sized optic on a p365xl and I like it but not for a competitive setting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about the 5" version being a decent budget gun to be my first "2011" in USPSA. I have a k-sized optic on a p365xl and I like it but not for a competitive setting.
View Quote

Yeah, the K wouldn't be ideal for USPSA. I guess I'm out of ideas to help you. Only thing I can think of is to keep on eye on the MAC 9 DS. I have seen them as low as $850. It is a 4.25" but it shoots well and you can attach a SRO/507comp on it right out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Advance:

Yeah, the K wouldn't be ideal for USPSA. I guess I'm out of ideas to help you. Only thing I can think of is to keep on eye on the MAC 9 DS. I have seen them as low as $850. It is a 4.25" but it shoots well and you can attach a SRO/507comp on it right out of the box.
View Quote
Yeah with the bull barrel and other slightly over features, I was scrambling to find the 5" version when the 4.25" was announced. Unless I can find a cheap alternative for the Tisas mount, I may just wait for the 5" MAC9 (if it ever comes out).
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:31:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dark_zero_x] [#7]
I have a carry on the way and I'm putting on a holosun eps, the full sized one not the carry. It has the same window size as the 509t and uses the k footprint. Is there an rmr optic you want specifically? Why not use the EPS?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dark_zero_x:
I have a carry on the way and I'm putting on a holosun eps, the full sized one not the carry. It has the same window size as the 509t and uses the k footprint. Is there an rmr optic you want specifically? Why not use the EPS?
View Quote
SRO or 507Comp
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:42:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4nut] [#9]
The Vortex Defender CCW has a window very close to a 'normal' sized RMR.  It is an RMSc pattern, direct fit.
It mounted without any issues, zero'd, and has been functioning just fine.  It does co-witness with the Tisas factory sights.  Originally mounted it with the supplied shim from Vertex, but it is really not necessary.  I bought the 6moa dot, to match the 6moa optics I already have.

Attachment Attached File

without the shim:

Attachment Attached File

Sight picture:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
The Vortex Defender CCW has a window very close to a 'normal' sized RMR.  It is an RMSc pattern, direct fit.
It mounted without any issues, zero'd, and has been functioning just fine.  It does co-witness with the Tisas factory sights.  Originally mounted it with the supplied shim from Vertex, but it is really not necessary.  I bought the 6moa dot, to match the 6moa optics I already have.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20054/IMG_20240321_153258791_2_jpg-3194141.JPG

without the shim:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20054/IMG_20240417_164338949_jpg-3194143.JPG

Sight picture:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20054/IMG_20240331_121123288_2_jpg-3194144.JPG
View Quote
That looks good, but still not SRO or 507Comp size, which is my point here.

To slightly derail my own thread, how's your experience with the Tisas so far? Do you have (or have shot) other DS 1911's to compare it to?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
That looks good, but still not SRO or 507Comp size, which is my point here.

To slightly derail my own thread, how's your experience with the Tisas so far? Do you have (or have shot) other DS 1911's to compare it to?
View Quote
I have not compared it to any other 2011, but owning and carrying 1911 daily, my biggest hurdle is the very heavy trigger.
The plan is to adjust the factory trigger, use it, and decide from there. It has not skipped a beat since I've owned it.
Runs very well.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:26:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4nut] [#12]
Additionally, I might add that you may experience empty casings making contact with a "hooded" style optic as the SRO.
The hood extends over the ejection port and somewhat blocks ejection.
If you search YouTube for HR FUNK,
He tests an off brand, similar to the SRO shape.
His casings do make contact with the optic.
https://youtu.be/3CDoM5wtqa0?feature=shared

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m4nut:
Additionally, I might add that you may experience empty casings making contact with a "hooded" style optic as the SRO.
The hood extends over the ejection port and somewhat blocks ejection.
If you search YouTube for HR FUNK,
He tests an off brand, similar to the SRO shape.
His casings do make contact with the optic.
https://youtu.be/3CDoM5wtqa0?feature=shared

View Quote
That's a strong argument for the 507Comp over the SRO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top