Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 10:54:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pyro556]
I have a P320 X-Carry slide with Sig X-Ray suppressor height sights. I put a Romeo-X Pro on it, and the suppressor height sights take up nearly half the window of the Romeo-X due to the low deck height. I can still shoot it, but I’ll be re-homing that optic to a different slide with standard height sights, which is really what it was meant for.

Any recommendations for red dots that sit high enough that the suppressor height irons are just barely useable? I thought of swapping the sights for regular height X-Rays, but I bought this slide in particular to use with my Obsidian 9. I have another P320 slide with suppressor sights and an RMR, and I wouldn’t mind if the optic sat a little higher. A larger (taller) window would be an option as well.

Edit: Slide is cut and threaded for Sig's Romeo optics / DPP without recoil bosses, and has the RMR holes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sierra-def] [#1]
Pic of slide? There were three versions of the X Carry slide. Depending which slide you have will tell you which options you have.

Adding:
2nd gen X Carry top, X Carry Pro bottom, both using their respective FCD plate for the RMR footprint. Both are using factory height sights for reference.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pyro556] [#2]
Technically it's a P320 Raze slide which uses a 3.9" barrel (X-Carry length), and it has the latest generation Sig Pro optic cut that has the RMR screw pattern. I should have plenty of options available to me.

Looks like the Romeo 2 would be just about perfect, except for the price. $700 for a red dot is a good deal more than I want to spend. Preferably want to keep it under $400.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:49:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xCLAYBUSTERx] [#3]
Looks nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
For that cut and optic setup, the Romeo1 Pro has been perfect for me. More of a "low witness" bottom 1/4 setup. In other words, the sights are very low but still absolutely usable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Dawson Precision. You can order the front and rear in exact heights you want or need. You can order plan black, FO and Tritium.

https://dawsonprecision.com/gun-sights/sig-sauer/
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:41:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#6]
ROMEO2. I had originally bought a ROMEO-X PRO for my P226 XFIVE LEGION, but the sights were a bit too high for the optic, so I took the ROMEO2 from my P320 XTEN and put it my P226 XFIVE LEGION and the ROMEO-X PRO on the P320 XTEN. Now, each are a perfect fit.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

You could also use the ROMEO1PRO like I used on my P320 XFIVE DH3.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
ROMEO2. I had originally bought a ROMEO-X PRO for my P226 XFIVE LEGION, but the sights were a bit too high for the optic, so I took the ROMEO2 from my P320 XTEN and put it my P226 XFIVE LEGION and the ROMEO-X PRO on the P320 XTEN. Now, each are a perfect fit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Resized_20240411_111834_jpeg-3199794.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Resized_20240123_114523_jpg-3199796.JPG

You could also use the ROMEO1PRO like I used on my P320 XFIVE DH3.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Resized_20240224_112405_jpg-3199802.JPG
View Quote

That Romeo2 looks perfect with Sig's suppressor height sights. Guess I need to up by budget. lol
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Pyro556:

That Romeo2 looks perfect with Sig's suppressor height sights. Guess I need to up by budget. lol
View Quote

The alignment of the suppressor/optic height sights and the built-in rear sight on the ROMEO2 is perfect.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#9]

The alignment of the suppressor/optic height sights and the built-in rear sight on the ROMEO2 is perfect.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Resized_20240411_111851_jpg-3199854.JPG
View Quote

This pistol is turning out to be way more expensive than I was expecting, but it really does seem perfect. lol
Do you happen to know a good price range I should look for with the Romeo2? Those things are pricey!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#10]

This pistol is turning out to be way more expensive than I was expecting, but it really does seem perfect. lol
Do you happen to know a good price range I should look for with the Romeo2? Those things are pricey!
View Quote

Look to spend, on average, about $700. You can find some places selling the for around $650 when they are in stock. SIG SAUER has them listed for $699.99 (3MOA or 6MOA reticle) and $799.99 for circle/dot reticle. The also have a blemished 6MOA model for $499.99. They state that the blemished sights have no cosmetic or functional imperfections but requires slightly more pressure to operate the buttons. They feature their full warranty* and are 100% new. Right now, Primary Arms has the 3MOA and 6MOA models on sale for $608.99. I would suggest to get one while they are that cheap.

Primary Arms SIG SAUER optics
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:08:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pyro556] [#11]

Look to spend, on average, about $700. You can find some places selling the for around $650 when they are in stock. SIG SAUER has them listed for $699.99 (3MOA or 6MOA reticle) and $799.99 for circle/dot reticle. The also have a blemished 6MOA model for $499.99. They state that the blemished sights have no cosmetic or functional imperfections but requires slightly more pressure to operate the buttons. They feature their full warranty* and are 100% new. Right now, Primary Arms has the 3MOA and 6MOA models on sale for $608.99. I would suggest to get one while they are that cheap.

Primary Arms SIG SAUER optics
View Quote

I saw the blem deal on the Sig site. If they had the 3 moa I’d be all over that.
So…you’re saying that if I found a place that had it for $595 including tax and shipping I should hit the buy button five weeks ago?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]

I saw the blem deal on the Sig site. If they had the 3 moa I’d be all over that.
So…you’re saying that if I found a place that had it for $595 including tax and shipping I should hit the buy button five weeks ago?
View Quote

Yep. That would have been one heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Yep. That would have been one heck of a deal.
View Quote

Even for Black Friday it looks like these things only touched $599. That was direct through Sig per my email archive, so maybe they’ve been cheaper elsewhere? Either way, I should probably jump on that deal…
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:25:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PineappleDevil] [#14]
I don't think I saw the reason you're against just putting regular height sights on it like it is intended to use with that optic

The romeo 2 is on dvor for $559 right now if that's what you're looking for
https://www.dvor.com/sig-sauer-romeo2-reflex-red-dot-sights.html
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PineappleDevil:
I don't think I saw the reason you're against just putting regular height sights on it like it is intended to use with that optic

The romeo 2 is on dvor for $559 right now if that's what you're looking for
https://www.dvor.com/sig-sauer-romeo2-reflex-red-dot-sights.html
View Quote

I have this gun set up for shooting with my Obsidian 9 with an EZ-Lok, so suppressor height sights are ideal.

I wound up buying a Romeo2 earlier this week and it came in yesterday. It really is perfect with Sig’s suppressor height sights! OpticsPlanet had them for $598.99 minus a 12% off coupon ($527 plus tax), so not a bad deal. Romeo-X Pro will go onto a slide with standard height sights in the next few months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top