User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thederrick106:
Probably common knowledge but the Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 and Ruger Mini 30 share mag compatibility.

---

Also,

The following Remington Models all share the same magazine with the difference being long action or short action.
The difference between the pump action / semi auto mags are the lock open after last round but they both work in both actions.
The new generations are the 7400 and 7600 that have a plastic base plate.  With some fine tuning they will all work across the platform.  
Semi:
Remington 740 (1955~1959
Remington 742 (1960~1980)
Remington 7400 (1981~2006)+
Remington 750 (2006~2015)
Pump:
Remington 760 (1952~1981)
Remington 7600 (1981~2020)

I never had good luck with the 10 round aftermarket mags, only factory mags which are becoming rare.  Factory mags usually run around $100 each depending on how many appear on eBay at any given time.
View Quote

The one thing I don't track in this thread is magazines that interchange w/in the same brand & category.  I do track same brand pistol/rifle compatibility, but if I start tracking individual SKUs, I'd go nuts.

The Ruger American Ranch can take Magpul AK mags w/ the Firecastle Custom adapter.  Dunno about the Gen 2.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

The one thing I don't track in this thread is magazines that interchange w/in the same brand & category.  I do track same brand pistol/rifle compatibility, but if I start tracking individual SKUs, I'd go nuts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Probably common knowledge but the Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39 and Ruger Mini 30 share mag compatibility.

---

Also,

The following Remington Models all share the same magazine with the difference being long action or short action.
The difference between the pump action / semi auto mags are the lock open after last round but they both work in both actions.
The new generations are the 7400 and 7600 that have a plastic base plate.  With some fine tuning they will all work across the platform.  
Semi:
Remington 740 (1955~1959
Pump:

I never had good luck with the 10 round aftermarket mags, only factory mags which are becoming rare.  Factory mags usually run around $100 each depending on how many appear on eBay at any given time.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

---

Also,

Semi:
Remington 740 (1955~1959
Pump:

Updated the OP for you.  That's valuable info, I'm just not going to try to keep up w/ it in the OP.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]

---

Also,

Semi:
Remington 740 (1955~1959
Pump:

View Quote

Thank you for that.  Just picked up a 742 in .30-06 on my C&R.  Came with 3 factory 4 round mags.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#5]
View Quote

What about S&W Equalizer taking M&P Shield Plus magazines? That compatibility is official, so I don't know if you want to track it. And as far as I can tell, no non-Smith guns accept Shield Plus magazines, which is a bit of a pity really.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By zaitcev:

What about S&W Equalizer taking M&P Shield Plus magazines? That compatibility is official, so I don't know if you want to track it. And as far as I can tell, no non-Smith guns accept Shield Plus magazines, which is a bit of a pity really.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zaitcev:
Originally Posted By backbencher:  The one thing I don't track in this thread is magazines that interchange w/in the same brand & category.  I do track same brand pistol/rifle compatibility, but if I start tracking individual SKUs, I'd go nuts.

I don't track that, but that is good news.  Perhaps they'll bring out the Equalizer in .30 Super Carry?
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Added the SIG P938/Springfield 911 9x19mm:

"Pocket Pistol" Still Relevant? Springfield 911 - TheFirearmGuy
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Added the SIG P938/Springfield 911 9x19mm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJJ9edtmZEg
View Quote

Good to know on the 938.

I’ve been playing with swapping mag guts lately. Amazing. The HK VP9 15to17 kit works in a few other guns to increase capacity. Generally by one or sometimes two rounds without sacrificing reliability at all. Tried in a SIG p226 and P229. Granted it’s an expensive way to add ammo to a mag but it works well depending on the brand. Added one round to my Beretta 96 mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Good to know on the 938.

I’ve been playing with swapping mag guts lately. Amazing. The HK VP9 15to17 kit works in a few other guns to increase capacity. Generally by one or sometimes two rounds without sacrificing reliability at all. Tried in a SIG p226 and P229. Granted it’s an expensive way to add ammo to a mag but it works well depending on the brand. Added one round to my Beretta 96 mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Added the SIG P938/Springfield 911 9x19mm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJJ9edtmZEg

Good to know on the 938.

MecGar puts out Euro mags w/ generally 2 round mag capacity increase but still flush fit, including the original HiPower & the Beretta 92.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]

MecGar puts out Euro mags w/ generally 2 round mag capacity increase but still flush fit, including the original HiPower & the Beretta 92.
View Quote

Internal dimensions can only vary so much. Swapping mag internals around has led to some nice upgrades for harder to find mags.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Internal dimensions can only vary so much. Swapping mag internals around has led to some nice upgrades for harder to find mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  MecGar puts out Euro mags w/ generally 2 round mag capacity increase but still flush fit, including the original HiPower & the Beretta 92.

Yeah, I suspect MecGar's bodies are the same btwn the two types, but they're using improved springs, floorplates, & followers over the OEM designs in their +2 flush fit mags.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Yeah, I suspect MecGar's bodies are the same btwn the two types, but they're using improved springs, floorplates, & followers over the OEM designs in their +2 flush fit mags.
View Quote

They are. After taking a few apart it’s pretty clear. The megcar design and spec is identical for many companies with the only real difference being the shape of the base plate and the location of the mag catch. Granted megcar does make a few others are are different shape. I really want to see MecGar make a USP magazine. I think I figured out how to make USP 9 and 40 mags from Sig mags.but it’s just at the drawing and concept stage. I need to play with a few things first. I know it sounds crazy though. But being able make a functioning HK 30rd mag for the USP that doesn’t cost $120 would be nice. Might even be possible from a Glock 33rd stick. Again though. I have to keep playing with the idea and probably destroy a few mags in the process.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#13]

They are. After taking a few apart it’s pretty clear. The megcar design and spec is identical for many companies with the only real difference being the shape of the base plate and the location of the mag catch. Granted megcar does make a few others are are different shape. I really want to see MecGar make a USP magazine. I think I figured out how to make USP 9 and 40 mags from Sig mags.but it’s just at the drawing and concept stage. I need to play with a few things first. I know it sounds crazy though. But being able make a functioning HK 30rd mag for the USP that doesn’t cost $120 would be nice. Might even be possible from a Glock 33rd stick. Again though. I have to keep playing with the idea and probably destroy a few mags in the process.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Yeah, I suspect MecGar's bodies are the same btwn the two types, but they're using improved springs, floorplates, & followers over the OEM designs in their +2 flush fit mags.

This is why I don't stock HKs or take in used ones, their mags only work w/ each other, and no PCC takes em either AFAIK.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Rost Martin 9mm pistol uses CZ P-10c mags according to another member here.

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ReservedRealist2:  Rost Martin 9mm pistol uses CZ P-10c mags according to another member here.
View Quote

Updated the OP.  Unsurprising, as the Rost Martin is derived from the Arex Delta, which also takes CZ mags.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top