Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2023 6:10:26 PM EDT
Looking for info on what my best options are for red dots while still being able to use the irons on my Rival-S using the added plate that has a rear sight on it.
Not wanting to ditch the rear sight & just have the red dot
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Have a Shield SMSc inbound. I have one on my Hellcat Pro and can still use the irons so I'm hoping that's the case if I slap it on the Canik
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't believe that there's a current option to have both.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dsr4732:
I don't believe that there's a current option to have both.
View Quote

One of the plates it came with has a rear sight attached to it so there is a way to keep both. I'm just trying to figure out which red dots will still let me use The irons while the red dot is installed. We'll find out if the shield can do it soon
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I test fit the dot on the plate that has the rear sight on it and it looks like one can still use irons with this particular dot. Now I'm on the fence whether or not I even want to put a red dot on this pistol lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank72] [#5]
I believe if you use the plate with a rear sight. You will need a micro red dot sight. Tiny foot print
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Frank72:
I believe if you use the plate with a rear sight. You will need a micro red dot sight. Tiny foot print
View Quote

Exactly right. Too bad Canik didn't design it for a full sized red dot and sights . Sooner or later I'm sure a new improved Rival will be introduced to solve this problem.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GONIF:

Exactly right. Too bad Canik didn't design it for a full sized red dot and sights . Sooner or later I'm sure a new improved Rival will be introduced to solve this problem.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GONIF:
Originally Posted By Frank72:

Its not a "problem," its a "competition" gun. A lot of competition shooters won't have both, they will have either or. Despite the Tacticool Bro consensus, both really are not needed.

Example.
CH Precision Comp Dot won me over

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top