Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 3:57:21 PM EDT
Fondled one of these yesterday. Nice pistol but somewhat unremarkable. Made in Dallas TX supposedly in conjunction with AREX of Slovenia.

MSRP is $460 the LGS here wants $450 which IMO is overpriced.

Mags available from RM's website for $24.95

Impact Guns price is $400.  Some other vendors have them priced as low as $355 which I'd do.

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto-handguns/rost-martin-rm1c-9mm-4-barrel-gray-frame-optics-ready-includes-rmr-moutning-plate-17rd-860011125822-rm1cgryos
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
We just got one at the range yesterday for a rental. Fingered it a little bit. Trigger is scratchy, and I'm not all that impressed with the reset. I'll run a box of ammo through it and report back as soon as I get a chance to do so. Stay tuned........
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Primary Arms has the RM1C in three different frame colors (black, grey, and FDE) for $359 + tax/shipping

They also have 15 and 17 round magazines for $15.95 each
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my Arex Delta M Gen 2 so I see no need for the RM1C but it would be cool to have Dallas, TX on my slide
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44-40pro] [#5]
Ok, finally got time to shoot this pistol. As I said before, the trigger is stiffer and scratchy in the run up to the break than I would be happy with. That being said I suppose with some judicious polishing it could be made nicer. Gun shot into about 2 1/2 inches at 5 yards which is acceptable for a quick function test. Zero malfunctions of any kind which is nice as well. Sights are easy to see work well. Grip ergonomics are comfortable and it fits my hands well.
It did seem a little bit snappier than I expected given it's size and weight. I would not be in the market at $400+, maybe at $325, given my observations with it. With a cleaner, smoother trigger, it would pass muster for me. But just not my first choice. Ymmv

ETA: Reset was ok, if a bit indistinct.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that thing was failure from day one.  

Within a few weeks of it being available, there was a local on here selling it for just above $300 if I remember correctly.  I don't believe it sold quickly.  

There's too many proven designs just to give money to yet another company who's putting their name over something built in Europe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
I think that thing was failure from day one.  

Within a few weeks of it being available, there was a local on here selling it for just above $300 if I remember correctly.  I don't believe it sold quickly.  

There's too many proven designs just to give money to yet another company who's putting their name over something built in Europe.
View Quote

Arex did a nice job with the Delta series, listened to feedback, and delivered an excellent value.

This is basically a Delta that's more expensive. I don't see the point.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

Arex did a nice job with the Delta series, listened to feedback, and delivered an excellent value.

This is basically a Delta that's more expensive. I don't see the point.
View Quote

There is no point.  Forget it exists.  It's a flop
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#9]
My local go to gun shop has 'em priced at $399.00. Don't have one in stock but I'll find one laying around to 'fondle' It "seems like" a good useable pistol for my south pawed, arthritis infested hands!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CMB1:
My local go to gun shop has 'em priced at $399.00. Don't have one in stock but I'll find one laying around to 'fondle' It "seems like" a good useable pistol for my south pawed, arthritis infested hands!
View Quote

I see you live in MD. Wouldn't it be difficult to buy one of these in your state as Rost Martin doesn't make 10rd magazines only 15 and 17 rd?

(yes, I know that MD does not ban the possession of these mags only the sale...that you can legally physically buy them out of state and bring them back across state lines)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top