Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2024 10:55:31 AM EDT
I have one of the first generation mkII 22/45, the ones with the molded zytel nylon frame. Will all 22/45 mags fit this model? I’m a little confused on what mags fit what guns. I would think they would all be backwards compatible.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 22/45 Mk II. The Mk III mags will work, and so will the Mk IV. If you are concerned about maybe that not being true, take the gun to a LGS  and ask if you can open a package to see if a Mk III mag will fit. They let me do it. The Mk III mags seem to have better factory springs, IMO.

Just so you know, a lot of Mk II parts have been discontinued by Ruger. You may wish to stock up via Wirthwein or whomever.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe the only difference is that newer mags have a notch for the revised release button. The notch won't affect use in the mki or mkii
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top