Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:55 AM EDT
I just picked up a new 10" Ruger Mark IV Target:

I've replaced the grips with Ruger OEM wood grips, and installed a Volquartsen firing pin and extractor for reliability.

The only other thing I'd like to change are the iron sights.

I'm looking at the Volquartsen TL Rear Sight and a Dawson Precision Front Sight

What height/width front sight should I go with to match the Volquartsen TL rear sight on a 10" barrel?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
How wide is the new rear sight ? I’d get it installed before ordering a new front sight just to see if you like the sight picture and order a front from there . I think standard Ruger is .125 wide but some people prefer a .110 or a .100 , with your barrel length I’d bet the standard .125 will be great.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
How wide is the new rear sight ? I’d get it installed before ordering a new front sight just to see if you like the sight picture and order a front from there . I think standard Ruger is .125 wide but some people prefer a .110 or a .100 , with your barrel length I’d bet the standard .125 will be great.
View Quote

Rear sight notch width is 0.110

After some further research, it looks like people have paired this rear sight with a .420 tall and .125 wide front sight with good results.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Dawson  .420 installed on one upper. I would have to measure the width.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Your sights are excellent for a .22 pistol. The barrel length sucks ass.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OSU_Buckeyes] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Your sights are excellent for a .22 pistol. The barrel length sucks ass.

View Quote

What makes you say that? I couldn’t find many reviews before buying it, but the only negative thing I saw about the 10” models was that they’re nose heavy. I haven’t found that to be the case, with a modern two-hand grip. The extra ~4 inches has a fairly significant effect on velocity, which is a pro in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SDGlock23] [#7]
I don't have a VQ rear on my 5.5" MkIV Target, but I would certainly recommend Dawson Precision front fiber optic, I have them on quite a few of my guns.  I think the factory rear is good enough personally.
Top Top