Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/4/2023 6:55:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7enderbender]
Has anyone heard any updates on a US release of the SFP9CC? I’m looking to replace my version 1 Walther PPS as my carry gun eventually with something with higher capacity. The Sig 365 is nice and my wife has one, but the HK seems like the perfect carry gun based on what’s known so far: smooth grips, paddle mag release, optic cut, 10rd capacity, very small.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 4:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#1]
Hasn’t even been released for LE/Mil customers yet. Or if it has, it’s just barely gotten to them. It probably won’t be until 2025 at the earliest that we see them sold to civilians.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump. I'm very interested in this model...
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leib109:
Hasn't even been released for LE/Mil customers yet. Or if it has, it's just barely gotten to them. It probably won't be until 2025 at the earliest that we see them sold to civilians.
View Quote
This, and what little original marketing we saw was stuff shown at a Euro police/military show.  I don't think they've done any marketing or talking about the commercial release.

Plus, being such a small handgun, it will be more of a chore to import, lessening the incentive to do it unless they setup to make them in the US.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash] [#4]
Originally Posted By D_Man:

Plus, being such a small handgun, it will be more of a chore to import, lessening the incentive to do it unless they setup to make them in the US.
View Quote

I’m not at all knowledgeable about import regulations /rules so I’m curious, what is the issue with size with regard to importing?
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SnidelyWhiplash:

I'm not at all knowledgeable about import regulations /rules so I'm curious, what is the issue with size with regard to importing?
View Quote
Imported pistols have to achieve 75 points on the ATF's criteria system to qualify for import.  Things like barrel length and overall weight play a part in the metrics, basically the smaller and lighter a pistol is, the harder it is to import.

There's a bunch of other criteria, this form lays it out: https://www.atf.gov/file/61591/download
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Imported pistols have to achieve 75 points on the ATF's criteria system to qualify for import.  Things like barrel length and overall weight play a part in the metrics, basically the smaller and lighter a pistol is, the harder it is to import.

There's a bunch of other criteria, this form lays it out: https://www.atf.gov/file/61591/download
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm not at all knowledgeable about import regulations /rules so I'm curious, what is the issue with size with regard to importing?

Very informative! Thank you for taking the time to post this.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Very informative! Thank you for taking the time to post this.
View Quote
No worries, it's not a commonly known thing.  And a lot of companies that do import small handguns play some interesting games to make those points.

Like with Glocks, the compact and subcompact models started the serrated trigger, so they got points calling the a "target" trigger.  They also import with cheap semi-disposible adjustable rear sights to get those points, and are changed to the fixed rear in the US before they go to distribution.  I think the subcompacts like the 26 might even come in with longer barrel installed, that then are swapped out stateside and the long ones get shipped back to be reused for import.  There's all sorts of little things some manufacturers do to get those points.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:32:15 AM EDT
[#8]
There's all sorts of little things some manufacturers do to get those points.
View Quote

I've read that's why the "thumb rest" was added, to add import points for the G26/G27.  

https://blog.talongungrips.com/talon/how-to-identify-your-glocks-generation/

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if Shot Show will get us any more info on these….
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
No worries, it's not a commonly known thing.  And a lot of companies that do import small handguns play some interesting games to make those points.

Like with Glocks, the compact and subcompact models started the serrated trigger, so they got points calling the a "target" trigger.  They also import with cheap semi-disposible adjustable rear sights to get those points, and are changed to the fixed rear in the US before they go to distribution.  I think the subcompacts like the 26 might even come in with longer barrel installed, that then are swapped out stateside and the long ones get shipped back to be reused for import.  There's all sorts of little things some manufacturers do to get those points.
View Quote

I remember someone posted a photo on here a while ago of the “target” sights that were disposable.

If HK wanted to get it here they could.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:09:28 PM EDT
[#11]
HK has said nothing about the micro. Its not even at shot show. I wonder what is happening with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:35:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing from the HK booth, according to them the pistol isn't available to the LE/Mil market yet. No time frame known or stated. Then the import issues and no info known and highly unlikely that production would be stateside
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Came here looking for updates on a possible replacement for my PPS M2, as well.

Seems to be even less into today than back in 2022/2023.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Still nothing it seems.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stiglitz_actual] [#16]
It's only slated to start going out to Euro customers for testing this year, unlikely to be in the US for a while if at all due to stupid import restrictions
HK USA is too busy shitposting about tHe pOoRs on instagram to do anything useful

Couple versions on display at EnforceTac '24

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Uses 10rd flush / 12rd extended mags.

Also modular Chasis system:

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Uses 10rd flush / 12rd extended mags.

Also modular Chasis system:

https://milmag.pl/2021/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/004-24.jpg
View Quote

HK has a way of consistently having magazines that are 2 rounds short of current industry standards. Maybe 5-7 years down the road they'll have 12 round flush magazines.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
That optic cut looks crazy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LV1976:

HK has a way of consistently having magazines that are 2 rounds short of current industry standards. Maybe 5-7 years down the road they'll have 12 round flush magazines.
View Quote

HK and surefire. 2 peas in a pod. Always behind. Granted. Glock is even further behind HK and Surefire in regards to being up to date.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Why is this taking so long?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By JohnfromHR:
View Quote

HK and Glock have a lot in common. Day late and a dollar short.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

They did it for reliability. Consistent reliability.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
They don't make customers do the beta testing, unlike Sig.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Has anyone even seen anything saying they're planning to import these to the US?

So far, the only press on this thing has been at European arms shows geared toward LEO and MIL sales, and their own literature implied it was only for the LEO market.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I talked to an Hk rep in February.  He said that we will get them.  He just said "soon"...  He said that he has fired one and loves it.  Would not give me any more info.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Just bumping this up for any little morsels of information.  I know it could be a month or a year (or more), but I want one!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#28]
We'll be lucky if it shows up on our shores at the end of the year.

Doubtful.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve held out about as long as I’m willing to.  I’ve not had trouble with my P365 and was going to pass to my wife as an alternative to her VP9sk and try the HK.  May have tried two new HKs.  I think I’m just going to buy another P365 and call it a day.    
   As far as HK goes it’s a double edge sword. I appreciate not being a beta tester, however how long does it take to test?   Arfcom would have it done in a Sat mourning.   Stack up tons of different ammo and let everyone go to town.  Freeze them heat them rain on them.     I don’t think HK hates us I simply don’t think they care.  That may not be true of HK USA, but I’d have a hard time being convinced of HK Germany not feeling that way.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:22:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#30]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Do they have an idiot-proof feature to prevent loading cartridges backwards into the mags? Asking for an unknown HK brochure photographer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mc556:
I’ve held out about as long as I’m willing to.  I’ve not had trouble with my P365 and was going to pass to my wife as an alternative to her VP9sk and try the HK.  May have tried two new HKs.  I think I’m just going to buy another P365 and call it a day.    
   As far as HK goes it’s a double edge sword. I appreciate not being a beta tester, however how long does it take to test?   Arfcom would have it done in a Sat mourning.   Stack up tons of different ammo and let everyone go to town.  Freeze them heat them rain on them.     I don’t think HK hates us I simply don’t think they care.  That may not be true of HK USA, but I’d have a hard time being convinced of HK Germany not feeling that way.
View Quote

I don't think the Germans can even conceptualize the number of people who own and shoot guns, and especially that concealed carry guns, in the US. Their minds can't even process it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

I don't think the Germans can even conceptualize the number of people who own and shoot guns, and especially that concealed carry guns, in the US. Their minds can't even process it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gamma762:
Originally Posted By mc556:

I tend to agree.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top