Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 3:50:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45]
I havent been around revolver long enough to remember the old ones.

But I started looking for an acceptable speedloader for a 686+ and boy options are slim compared to 6 shot guns.

Ive used the HKS for awhile and they are okay. They seem very frail and once dropped the wrong way youre never going to get all 7 into the cylinder without a fight.

Came across these SL Variants. I ordered one of the new SL Variants. Supposedly they are being made in Japan as a repro.

Been playing with some since over the weekend and they seem great. Small enough to CCW. Large enough to easily use. Like the Safariland all you gotta do is press them home and theyll release with some authority.

Been carrying and using one and after getting it adjusted properly this thing is awesome. Ive dropped it a handful of times and it seems to be holding up fine. Very fast. After a little bit of time I actually really like the knob on them as it makes them a little easier to retrieve

Anyone else using them? They come in 5, 6, and 7 shot offerings it seems

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, they might actually get me to compete with my m19 again. I'd have to seat 1-2 rounds like once a stage and was really annoying.  

Are they the same height as comp2s?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I just spent 400 bucks to get enough 44 magnum and J-frame loaders for ICORE. In fact I just made a mold for home made speed loader holders a few minutes ago and hope to start fabbing up the kydex later this week.

My only regret is not ordering more handles. I got them in less than a week.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chase45] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 03RN:
You know, they might actually get me to compete with my m19 again. I'd have to seat 1-2 rounds like once a stage and was really annoying.  

Are they the same height as comp2s?
View Quote

Quick crappy comparison pic

Same rounds in both

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 6 of them for my 686+

I'm not really impressed with them vs the Safariland COMP I/II/III (I love the COMP II and III for my 686, they work perfectly)

I suppose they might work if you're just using them for gaming/competition/range, but if I bump into things, my kid jumps on me, life stuff... Safariland > HKS > SLV (repro)

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KillerBD:
I bought 6 of them for my 686+

I'm not really impressed with them vs the Safariland COMP I/II/III (I love the COMP II and III for my 686, they work perfectly)

I suppose they might work if you're just using them for gaming/competition/range, but if I bump into things, my kid jumps on me, life stuff... Safariland > HKS > SLV (repro)

View Quote
If they are not ejecting the rounds with enough authority, you can take them apart and adjust them. There is a two piece brass center pin. Threading out the bottom portion will increase the ejection force. Threading the top part away from the plastic piece will point the rounds further inward. My 44 magnums didn't need any adjustment, but the j frame loaders pointed the rounds outward too far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:33:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I played with my comps and 66 and the sl variant with my 686 last night

The sl seems a touch faster and more reliable on getting them all in

If they continue to be awesome Ill get some for my 6 shot too

Comps are still pretty nice though. I just cant stand the HKS ones
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chase45:
I played with my comps and 66 and the sl variant with my 686 last night

The sl seems a touch faster and more reliable on getting them all in

If they continue to be awesome Ill get some for my 6 shot too

Comps are still pretty nice though. I just cant stand the HKS ones
View Quote
Their website states they will eventually release N-frame 357 loaders. I am seriously considering getting a highway patrolman if they do!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top