Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2023 7:29:46 PM EDT
So, to start off, I know this is an issue with this series. Most of the research I have done is finding people who called Ruger, who provided a shipping label free of charge, and had their pistol repaired. All good things.

I know this is a 'known' fact is that Ruger has fantastic customer service.

I called them earlier today, hoping for the best. I was told I could buy a new striker assembly and repair it myself, or it would be $45 for a shipping label, and I may or may not get charged for repairs depending on which technician was repairing my firearm. But also, it has less than 1000 rounds through it.

I was a little disappointed, as I had seen so many other positive experiences. I just decided I would explore some other options before spending money on an issue that was at one point considered a known thing, especially since it's hardly been touched. Are my expectations too high?

I have cleaned the firing pin channel, and the firing pin, reassembled dry. I put a pencil in the barrel and tried to shoot it out of the barrel, it moves maybe an inch? Little or no difference before and after cleaning firing pin channel.

Any suggestions would be helpful, even if it is to just nut up and pay $45 for Ruger to look at it. I honestly wouldn't mind, I was just a little surprised my experience was different than others.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#1]
My stepfather has one from several years ago, sent it back for replacement parts one time and Ruger took care of it.

I wouldn’t worry unless they run out of spare parts, since the SR series is discontinued.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:59:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: robmkivseries70] [#2]
Old post !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top