Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2024 3:46:17 PM EDT
I’m looking to get a range only (it will live on my range/battle belt) handgun.

It will carry a red dot and a TLR-1 HL no matter what.

I was first deciding between an X-Five P320 and Shadow 2 OR but then they released the Compact.

What do you think? Is the Shadow 2 too big and heavy or is it just right? I’ll also be looking for a duty holster for whatever gun I get…
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Shadow 2 OR with a Holosun 507 and I ran it through an a two day tactical pistol course shooting approx 600 rds. The course required a significant amount of moving and I did not find the pistol too heavy. It was incredibly accurate as I could consistently make hits on steel at 50m with ease and the weight absorbed all the recoil. I’d prefer to carry my VP9 around all day instead but the Shadow 2 OR is not bad at all and I wouldn’t worry about it. I am also very curious about the compact as well and want to shoot one before I decide on it as the Shadow 2 OR is flat out incredible.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a P2 Acro plate offered for the OR/S2 Compact yet?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Have both.
Compact is just light enough for carry. (about the weight of a G17)
Regular shadow 2 is nightstand gun.

If you were just getting one, get the compact. its perfect.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WRAM1:
I have the Shadow 2 OR with a Holosun 507 and I ran it through an a two day tactical pistol course shooting approx 600 rds. The course required a significant amount of moving and I did not find the pistol too heavy. It was incredibly accurate as I could consistently make hits on steel at 50m with ease and the weight absorbed all the recoil. I’d prefer to carry my VP9 around all day instead but the Shadow 2 OR is not bad at all and I wouldn’t worry about it. I am also very curious about the compact as well and want to shoot one before I decide on it as the Shadow 2 OR is flat out incredible.
View Quote

I only own and have shot the S2C and it is the perfect handgun for me.

After running it through the paces,, I put a 509 on and she’s been on my hip ever since.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 762SR25:
Is there a P2 Acro plate offered for the OR/S2 Compact yet?
View Quote

Yes

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/aimpoint-acro-p-1-mount-plate-for-cz-shadow-2.html

I couldnt find one in the states... But that was several monthes ago.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:07:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DernHumpus] [#6]
I have a battle belt set up for Shadow 2/Shadow 2 compact with a home made retention holster.  For 2 gun matches I am still shooting a Shadow 2 full size, if for some reason I NEED the belt, it will have the compact in it.

I don't think you can go wrong, I would just consider how long you plan on carrying the gun around.  The compact takes all of the same parts so you can Cajunize it to your heart's content.

Why not get both?

One last comment, I don't think you're going to find a retention holster for either, unless you are using one of the "universal" ones that index off your light.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top