BCM
User Panel

Shadow System pistols (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They are Gen4 based.  

They do make a standalone Gen3 G19 compatible slide.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
They point more naturally to me than a regular Glock. The interchangeable backstraps are nice. And it has sort of a gas pedal for your support thumb.
View Quote

What makes them point more naturally?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 3:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunjunki] [#3]
I have 3 of their pistols. The interchangeable backstraps allow you to go from the typical Glock grip angle (points high for me) To no hump on the small backstrap that lines the sights up naturally for me.
Both of mine have been perfectly reliable through a couple thousand round, including 2 with the factory compensators.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By joglee:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joglee:
They point more naturally to me than a regular Glock. The interchangeable backstraps are nice. And it has sort of a gas pedal for your support thumb.

The interchangeable back straps have different shapes. They're not just clip on pieces like a gen 5 Glock, it's like a grip reduction.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, and code 20shadow at Bereli.com is good for 20% off a Shadow Systems pistol right now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, and code 20shadow at Bereli.com is good for 20% off a Shadow Systems pistol right now.
View Quote

Very tempting. wish I had the $800ish that would get a DR920 elite down to.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an MR920 and it started out with very tight tolerances which took some ammo to break it in.  After about 500 rounds it started eating everything and hasn’t had any malfunctions with the last couple of thousand rounds.  I’m somewhere about 3k rounds in and I like it, but it does nothing significantly better than my Gen 5 19s.  In fact I’d put my Gen 5 Glock triggers as all better than the SS.  I do like some of the features and ergos that the SS pistol offers over the Glock pistols.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the MR920 Elite and MR920P. Both have been solid with zero malfunctions through couple thousand rounds of varying ammo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:31:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JBecker_72] [#9]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

View All Quotes

I was tempted to buy another XR920 Foundation. It worked out to like $570 I think. But I want to track down an XR920 Combat with an ACRO cut for my next one. Not sure if they are still making them or not. Of course, I really don't need to buy another pistol at this point. So there's also that. But it would be cool.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#10]

View All Quotes

I know someone selling one cheaper than that

(cough) EE (cough)
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

(cough) EE (cough)
View All Quotes

(cough) EE (cough)

I saw that. Still broke LOL.
Question, can the Glock Performance trigger be installed in the DR series guns?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

(cough) EE (cough)

I would assume it would work the same as installing one in a Gen4 Glock.  

The difference is, you would install a Gen5 backplate on a Gen4 Glock, but those don't fit a SS so you would just have to modify the SS backplate.  

Luckily, they sell them directly at an inexpensive price so if it didn't work after modification, you could always buy a new one to replace the one you buggered up.  

But the trigger in my DR920 Elite is better than any Glock trigger I've ever used.  I can't think of a reason I'd ever want to upgrade it.  I'm not a trigger expert/snob though
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Put another 250 rounds though my XR920 today. Just over 500 rounds so far. No issues at all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]

The difference is, you would install a Gen5 backplate on a Gen4 Glock, but those don't fit a SS so you would just have to modify the SS backplate.  

View Quote

Been looking into this and there are others online stating the Gen 5 backplate works just fine on the SS.  Do you have a source/report stating otherwise, as I have a DR920 and there doesn’t seem to be anything different about its back plate than actual Glocks?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arjohnson] [#16]
Originally Posted By Michaelrm:

Been looking into this and there are others online stating the Gen 5 backplate works just fine on the SS.  Do you have a source/report stating otherwise, as I have a DR920 and there doesn’t seem to be anything different about its back plate than actual Glocks?
View Quote

Glock backplate is straight, SS is curved.

Eta: meant back of slide has curve/angle, Glock is straight.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By arjohnson:

Glock backplate is straight, SS is curved.

Eta: meant back of slide has curve/angle, Glock is straight.
View Quote

Yep 🤠
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dking271:
I have an MR920 and it started out with very tight tolerances which took some ammo to break it in.  After about 500 rounds it started eating everything and hasn’t had any malfunctions with the last couple of thousand rounds.  I’m somewhere about 3k rounds in and I like it, but it does nothing significantly better than my Gen 5 19s.  In fact I’d put my Gen 5 Glock triggers as all better than the SS.  I do like some of the features and ergos that the SS pistol offers over the Glock pistols.
View Quote

I have an MR920 Foundation that has the worst trigger I’ve ever felt on a Glock-type pistol.  Finally got a trigger gauge to try to measure it - right around 8 pounds and very gravelly.  I’ve got close to 1000 rounds through it, and it has been thoroughly cleaned and properly lubed.  I don’t think it’s going to get much better just shooting it. Think I’ll try an Overwatch trigger in it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Shadow System pistols (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top