Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2023 9:09:42 AM EDT
Have a 920MR elite and love it. Zero issues and like the frame, sights, even the trigger has improved with use.

Bought a CR920P. Like the frame feel, good sights and figure trigger will improve as well.
Started out as a single shot. Struggled through the 250-300 round break in that they suggest. Did improve but still couldn't get through a full mag without a FTF issue. Variety of ammo, some hot.

Sent it back. Still there. 4 weeks now. Only info is they are diagnosing it  .

Had a Hellcat RDP that I put on consignment. Zero issues.

Will pick that up today and get rid of the Shadow....when it finally gets back.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have never shot or owned a Shadow Systems pistol. I have handled them at SHOT and other venues, but man what is going on over there? I see so many forum and reddit posts about their latest offerings being problematic.
Link Posted: 6/21/2023 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
My local fun shop had a bnib CR920 that someone traded in, along with another SS pistol and I was tempted to buy it. I love the feel and options on them. I have watched a few videos by SS where they stated that some of the barrels/design of the barrels are the reason for the problem, supposedly. If your barrel had a "V" type hood and not a standard looking barrel hood, they state it is causing issues for those guns. Hopefully they get it fixed. They are nice guns and seem to have all the bells and whistles on them that I want but always hesitate getting one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an MR920 Elite a few years ago and it worked from the first shot on until I installed a Spectre break. It took me a while to find the right recoil spring to make it run reliably. The gun was missing one of the little screws that I needed for the Trijicon sight and I called it in and was promised to have a screw sent to me right away but I waited in vain for three weeks until I called again. That time the screw was sent out.

I did not like the trigger and put a Timney trigger in and that was a great improvement!

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Any updates on this situation?
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I keep hearing this about the CR series. I have a MR920 Elite and love it, zero issues. I hope they get this squared away. Any updates on yours OP?
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:43:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cjjohn:
I keep hearing this about the CR series. I have a MR920 Elite and love it, zero issues. I hope they get this squared away. Any updates on yours OP?
View Quote

Most likely user error, grip engaging the slide lock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 5:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I got all excited and bought a CR920 Elite a few weeks ago then saw all the horror stories.

I took it to the range after completely cleaning and lubing the gun.

Ran 200 rds of CCI Blazer 124gr with no issues.

Very good accuracy for such a small gun.

Apparently shadow systems has a rebate going right now so I’ll get a $100 web store credit (gonna get 3 more mags)
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
I got all excited and bought a CR920 Elite a few weeks ago then saw all the horror stories.

I took it to the range after completely cleaning and lubing the gun.

Ran 200 rds of CCI Blazer 124gr with no issues.

Very good accuracy for such a small gun.

Apparently shadow systems has a rebate going right now so I’ll get a $100 web store credit (gonna get 3 more mags)
View Quote

This is good to know............been wanting one of these for awhile now.  My MR920 has been flawless
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 3:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still curious how things ultimately worked out for the OP. In the meantime I acquired this DR920P. I took it to the range and put just over 200 rounds through it. It was a mixture of Monarch brass 115 gr FMJ, Blazer brass 115 gr FMJ, and Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP. I left in the original 18 lb. recoil spring. I expected a few malfunctions since it was new and has a comp, but it ran without any malfunctions whatsoever. Ejection was inconsistent, but as long as the gun runs I'm not too concerned about that.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 12:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the DR920P and CR920P. Both are 1 in groups at 15 yards

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By porterb123:
I have the DR920P and CR920P. Both are 1 in groups at 15 yards
https://i.imgur.com/mURjVerl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tME99J1l.jpg?1
View Quote

Very nice! I need a small gun like the CR.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:26:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dep4532] [#12]
Got a CR920 Foundation yesterday. Ran a few boxes of FMJ & HP to test function/reliability. No issues.

10 rds of Fed HST at 10 yds.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Not to hijack, but does anyone not love that the center of the “safety” trigger does not sit flush with the trigger on these? I’m not sure why it needs to be raised the way it is. It’s especially uncomfortable on the CR with the much snappier recoil and longer, heavier trigger pull.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:16:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I've owned four of these.

A CR920 I owned had a dead trigger right out of the box. SS sent me a replacement unit, and it seems to run, but is gritty with several strange walls before the break.

A MR920 I used to own would not run right. I sold it.

I have an MR920L that I really want to love. It sits well in the hand and just feels right. However the trigger has inconsistent breaks, and it is no more accurate than my Glock 19s or 17s.

I have a DR920P that seems fine.

Overall, I wanted to like Shadow, but their QC isn't ready for the big show. Glocks just run.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I really like the look and I wanted one for a while.
Until the agency I was working for had a few guys who ran them.
Couple guys guns in training would run like tops, then there was a couple guys who's SS just would NOT run.
Hearing the stories about sending them back, and waiting, and waiting. Then getting them back and the same failures as if they did nothing to even rectify the issue.

Seeing that first hand made me decide to just stick my my OEM Glocks. I would be the unlucky guy to get the one that doesnt run.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Are there any locals who have gotten service directly at their location?  I've thought of getting a XR920 with the X300 deal Bereli has going on, and I'm probably 20 miles away from the "factory".  

But too many horror stories to have to ship something in and wait it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top