Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2024 3:33:08 PM EDT
Just got back from the range after installing a Romeo-X compact on my Shadow Systems CR920.  Fired a mix of 115gr and 127gr fmj and defensive ammo for a total of 200 rounds.  I had zero issues and the rds was fantastic to use.  I really like the circle/dot reticle option for quick target acquisition.  All three reticles are crisp and bright, while the glass is very clear.  The glass does have a bit of a blue hue that is definitely more noticeable outdoors in natural light, however it did not bother me.  I found the adjustment buttons for brightness, power and reticle change easy to manipulated with my non dominated hands thumb, but protected enough to prevent accidental presses.

If you decide on this optic for a CR920 there is a issue you will have to address during installation.  The CR920 comes with spacers for use with various optics it can support.  This allows the pistol to have a rmsc and a holosun 507k  footprint.  The spacers are not needed according to Shadow Systems, but they do fill a gap that will exist in fronts of the red dots.  Both spacers are slightly too large to use with the Romeo-X.  Without modification the spacers will push the optic back just enough to prevent the screws from seating all the way.  I used the rmsc spacer and slowly and carefully sanded it until the Romeo-X fit and the screw holes lined up perfectly. This problem occurred using the screw Shadow System provided.  I did not attempt to use the Sig screw because the CR920 is designed to accommodate much longer screws, which again are provided by Shadow Systems.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with this sight.  I wanted a multi reticle, manual illumination control and side mount battery optic that was preferably made in the US in the RMSC footprint.  Unfortunately that meant Trijicon was out.  I know Holosun makes some nice optics, but since this was a least assembled in the US it swayed my decision to give Sig a chance.  I think they really did well with this optic.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a P365XL with the Romeo X and although it has not been used heavily or as much as I would like so far I really like the sight.  I really wish it was enclosed but overall I have been happy with mine thus far.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used nothing but Trijicon on my Glocks and Staccatos up until recently. The Romeo-X Compact checked all the boxes for my G43x MOS and I really like it so far. The glass and reticle is impressive. The direct mount height is really quick for me. 1 second AIWB draw and hits at 7 yards was no problem.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
I have used nothing but Trijicon on my Glocks and Staccatos up until recently. The Romeo-X Compact checked all the boxes for my G43x MOS and I really like it so far. The glass and reticle is impressive. The direct mount height is really quick for me. 1 second AIWB draw and hits at 7 yards was no problem.
View Quote

I am the same as you - only Trijicons on my guns.

I picked up a 48 MOS a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something that would go right on without any mods. I want to run back to back with my G19 to see what I think of the two.

I bought the Romeo X Compact. It went right on using the screws that came with it. I love how I can use regular height sights.

I shot 100 rounds with it last Sunday and everything was good. I went away for week and the gun sat locked in a draw. I just got home and the Romeo is dead. I figured the battery that came with it must have been shit. I swapped in a brand new Duracell and it is still dead.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested in this optic but I would have a hard time pulling the trigger when the EPS Carry is the same price.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked the pistol up tonight an the dot is there. I am guessing it must have something to do with their motion activated sensor.

Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
I'm interested in this optic but I would have a hard time pulling the trigger when the EPS Carry is the same price.
View Quote

1. The Holosun does not bolt directly to the slide. It uses a plate and some people do not like that.
2. I would not run a Holosun.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a new slide with a Romeo X pro for my 226. Going to take it tomorrow and put some rounds thru it. It's my first pistol dot. I think my old eyes are going to like it. It sits pretty low, which is nice. It does have that blueish tint to it but I don't think its bad.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ordkhntr:
I just got a new slide with a Romeo X pro for my 226. Going to take it tomorrow and put some rounds thru it. It's my first pistol dot. I think my old eyes are going to like it. It sits pretty low, which is nice. It does have that blueish tint to it but I don't think its bad.

View Quote

I've now shot about 800 rounds with mine and it has been fantastic.  It is my first pistol optic too.  The CR920 now has over 1000 rounds through it as well without a single failure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#8]
Just got an email from SIG that they’re now available in FDE (but I don’t see it on their website yet when I follow the email link). Edit: The black and FDE color options now show up in the SIG online store.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, after my first time shooting a dot I learned 2 things. First, it really is easier just focusing on the target instead of the front sight. I still have to get a bunch more rounds and dry firing until I can say I'm competent with it though.
Second, it sure does make apparent how much my hands shake.

Here's a photo room my back yard of the tint. I don't think it interferes with or affects it negatively.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top