Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2022 3:07:02 PM EDT
I'm pretty torn right now on these 3.

First off none of these would ever likely fill the roll of carry gun, I'm a small frame guy (5'6" 140 Lbs) and I have something I'm happy with as my EDC.

The Mete has a current rebate for 3 free mags, the others don't.

I don't currently have a suppressor, though I do have a glock with the 1/2x28 threaded barrel, so the Combat Elite would be a seamless addition if I find myself getting a 9mm can in the future.

I shoot mostly irons, but I do have a Riton pistol red dot collecting dust.

I do shoot some 2 gun and 3 gun, but each/any of the above options will already outshoot my abilities.

I reload, so if that's a consideration, count it done.

Aesthetics are not a consideration.

Link Posted: 7/14/2022 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have around 1500 rounds through my combat elite with zero malfunctions.  It's been a solid gun with my only complaint being magazine availability. They supposedly have remedied that. Of the 3 you listed it would be my choice
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
So I have all 3 - Elite Combat, Mete, and Rival.

I like the Elite Combat and Rival triggers better than Mete. Mete has longer take-up, and also doesn't have the flat trigger which for me I better than the rounded face of the Mete. Rival is better for Competition, and is the full sized grip for which the standard mag is 18. The Mete is 18 also. The Elite Combat is compact size with standard mags being 15, however there are lots of options by just adding extended base plates from Taylor freelance and other. Because I have medium/small hands I do like the Elite Combat frame the best. So, the cool thing is I can mix and match frames and slides between all 3 (combat,mete,rival) I have done this and shot hundreds of rounds through the various configurations. I think I like Rival slide of Combat frame the best, but Rival trigger is best trigger Canik has in my opinion, with the Combat right behind it. You could compete easily with any of the 3 tho. Also there are Canik threaded barrels you can get for virtually any Canik gun now available.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I only have 2 TP9SFs but both I have used as carry guns as they are absolutely reliable, I shoot better with them than I do my Glocks. Consistent ejection compared to all the Gen 3 and 4 Glocks I've seen, no BTF at all! I dont have those 3 you mentioned though I've been wanting a METE SFX since I want my rear sight still attached when I install a RDS. If a fixed rear sight is as important to you as it is to me, I'd go with the METE. If your Riton has a Trijicon RMRcc, Holosun 507k or similar footprint that would be an extra bonus for you as well if you go METE. All Caniks I've tried excluding the older DA models have excellent factory triggers, so really cant go wrong with any of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top