Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 11:19:35 AM EDT
I've got a pair of Colt Cobras I got for a stupidly cheap price years ago.  One's a 3" 22lr, the other is a 2" 38.  Both are first run.  The 38 isn't anything special but the 22lr is somehow worth a decent amount of money.  Both are in excellent shape with original grips, no boxes.  The 22lr 3" have completed auctions on GB in the $1500 neighborhood which is crazy.  I've shot it exactly 1 time in a decade.  I'm thinking hard about selling/trading the 22lr for something interesting as it just really doesn't speak to me.  I'm a Smith man, not really a Colt guy when it comes to wheel guns.  Love Colt 1911's.

Anyway, I hate selling guns but these just don't speak to me and I think I could get something much more interesting to me if I were to part with them.  Am I being stupid?

Also, I've got plenty of Smith 22lr guns:

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
For sure if its not doing anything for you
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I agree, get rid of them and get something you want instead.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Confused at no Colt photos.  I can see why OP is confused.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheSurvivalist:
View Quote

NOOOoooooooooo!!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Confused at no Colt photos.  I can see why OP is confused.  
View Quote

Took me a minute to find a picture with the two Cobras in it:

Upper right is the 22, lower left is the 38.  I picked up the correct Tyler T's for them years ago as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]

NOOOoooooooooo!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/rimfire_handguns-2979145.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheSurvivalist:

NOOOoooooooooo!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/rimfire_handguns-2979145.jpg
Lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Not unless you’re starving or are gonna invest it in bitcoin circa 2012. It’s really cool and a great trainer for kids or new shooters.

It certainly will be worth more in the future. I’d much rather have old guns than cash in the bank right now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My initial knee-jerk reaction is to yell "No!", but I have been giving thought to paring down my accumulation a fair bit lately. I have a few guns that I want to keep in the family and they will get passed on to my sisters girls. The oldest is thinking of getting married soon so maybe a grand niece/nephew in the future. The rest of the collection will make a dandy emergency fund.

If it is not something that really speaks to you, sell it and get something that does.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don’t have much sentimental attachment to my guns, except for a chosen few ( guns I brought back from Afghanistan, my dad’s colt single action, a shotgun my brother bought me for my 14th birthday - legal age to start hunting where I grew up)

I accumulated a ton of stuff when I was younger, but over the years decided to cut loose a lot of stuff and stick only to the guns I actually use.
At one point I had multiple examples of 9mm’s from like 8 different makers at one point.

The cobra 22’s especially a 3” are something of a rare bird and definitely would bring good money at auction ( the best way I have found to get top dollar even with the auction house taking a cut) if that money can then be sued to get something you would use and enjoy so be it.

A few years ago I got bit by the precision 22 long range bug, and collected about 5 or 6 guns I didn’t use much that got sold to fund a full Kidd super grade build with quality optics, and I use that rifle a lot, and don’t regret selling the 6 or so others to make it happen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top