Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 8:13:25 PM EDT
Looking to either get a Sig P365 Macro Comp or take my existing P365xl, put it on a Macro frame and add a PMM comp.

Does anybody have any experience comparing these or any opinions?

The XL with PMM should gain some negligible FPS, right?

But will the Macro Comp be more reliable with lighter ammo?

I currently AIWB a G19 with no issues.  The XL with Comp would be about the same length, just thinner so that sounds fine to me.

What say you all?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
PMM has done some testing and has velocities listed. I wanted one for a while and never did it.

Radian is coming out with one anytime now. It looks a bit better and people seemed impressed at SHOT.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:49:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thunderopossom:
PMM has done some testing and has velocities listed. I wanted one for a while and never did it.

Radian is coming out with one anytime now. It looks a bit better and people seemed impressed at SHOT.
View Quote

Oh interesting, I like the way the Glock Afterburner attaches.

Don't see anything about a version for the XL, but I can hope
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:10:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#3]
The macro comp is an expansion chamber comp, its advantage is that it is going to cycle any ammo and still maintain reliability. The thing is, while it’s technically a form of comp, it doesn’t perform to the level of something like the PMM or Radian comp as those are true comps. While I don’t have a PMM 365 comp and the Radian 365 comp isn’t out yet, I do have a PMM comp on a P320 and a Raidan comp on a Glock 45, both have been excellent and have worked as advertised. I am using the X Macro comp for my P365 because I like the concept. It does work as a comp and performance wise it is noticeable versus a non comped P365, even more so with my defensive load 124gr +P HST, plus I don’t have to worry with reliability which was the biggest concern for me since this was a carry gun. My PMM comp on my 320 did require some tuning with different recoil spring weights to finally get it to function reliably with target and defensive rounds. My Radian comp with the compressor recoil spring and guide rod has been flawless with the #15 recoil spring out of the package. I expect their P365 comp will be the same. The radian product seems more polished IMO. The PMM comp is a bit more utilitarian. I think the Radian comped P365 looks better as well. My experience with my Glock Radian Ram Jet comp would push me towards the Radian P365 comp.

Attachment Attached File

Sig P365 Radian Afterburner+Ramjet | Shot Show 2024

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:43:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:
The macro comp is an expansion chamber comp, its advantage is that it is going to cycle any ammo and still maintain reliability. The thing is, while it’s technically a form of comp, it doesn’t perform to the level of something like the PMM or Radian comp as those are true comps. While I don’t have a PMM 365 comp and the Radian 365 comp isn’t out yet, I do have a PMM comp on a P320 and a Raidan comp on a Glock 45, both have been excellent and have worked as advertised. I am using the X Macro comp for my P365 because I like the concept. It does work as a comp and performance wise it is noticeable versus a non comped P365, even more so with my defensive load 124gr +P HST, plus I don’t have to worry with reliability which was the biggest concern for me since this was a carry gun. My PMM comp on my 320 did require some tuning with different recoil spring weights to finally get it to function reliably with target and defensive rounds. My Radian comp with the compressor recoil spring and guide rod has been flawless with the #15 recoil spring out of the package. I expect their P365 comp will be the same. The radian product seems more polished IMO. The PMM comp is a bit more utilitarian. I think the Radian comped P365 looks better as well. My experience with my Glock Radian Ram Jet comp would push me towards the Radian P365 comp.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557335/IMG_7251_jpeg-3195688.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWdOQ-VW14k
View Quote

This here is all correct ^^^^ I have both the macro and the PMM for 365 as well radian for G19. The PMM 365 reduces recoil far greater than the macro. Say 30-35% more over stock 365. The macro reduces about 10-15% over the stock 365. The radian is right around 30% and works well on the G19. If this was going to be my EDC then I would just go with the Macro due to potential reliability issues.I can't imagine the PMM loosening up but there still is that risk and I would not depend my life on it. The radian is not out yet for the 365. You might have to tune the 365 with the PMM...I think I used the DPMS recoil spring kit. The Macro is ready to go out of the box. My G19/radian I use the 15# in the radian recoil spring kit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm running a PMM comp, so far maybe 2500-3000 rd's with zero failures of any kind, all round's fed, fired, ejected and cycled to slide lock.
I'm very satisfied with the set up, straight forward installation, at least with my sample, it's done everything as advertised, I'm a happy customer
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't comment on the P365 with PMM comp but I do have one on a 509T and enjoy shooting it. It does decrease recoil compared to when I didn't have it on there. The biggest issue/pain in the rear I had with the PMM comp is installing it/timing it on your barrel with the shims but I would rather do it that way than have a screw holding on my comp at the end of my barrel. It seems like a more solid way of mounting and am glad PMM thought outside of the box.

With that said, I do have a P365 XL Comp - (Macro Comp slide and X/XL frame) and love the overall package size for fit and function.  I was impressed at how much of a difference the factory P365 Comp models made when shooting/handling compared to their equally sized counterparts without the comp. Cost wise, depending on which barrel, mags and grip module,etc., you are going to use, you might have a good chunk to invest compared to buying another complete pistol but the nice thing about the P365, is you have a lot of options.  I have debated doing the same thing you are thinking about and just decided to go with a factory pistol for a ccw. Not that the PMM would fail or cause any issues but to be sure, I didn't want Murphy's Law stepping into where it didn't belong. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several PMM comps on 365-length slides. Shoot them on p365, P365XL, and P365 Macro-sized grip modules. I've shot them side by side with the Macro Comp, and the PMM version is noticeably better at reducing muzzle rise, as noted above, due to it being a true barrel-mounted comp and not a slide-based expansion chamber (as the barrel tilts relative to the slide and thus the holes in the slide must be more oversized to prevent bullet impact).

As to reliability - I run the factory recoil spring assemblies and have had no issues whatsoever with the PMMs.

Something else I've noticed is the aftermarket barrel that comes with the PMM has proven to be EXTREMELY accurate to me. I've shot some of my best 25 yard groups with a centerfire pistol with them - several 5/8" (not a typo) 5-shot groups. And this in a tiny gun. I also have Bar-Sto, KKM, Apex, and several other aftermarket barrels fitted to full-sized pistols, and although with some of them I can shoot sub-1", I was blown away by the performance of the PMM - I would not have believed it had I not seen it myself. To clarify, these were rested groups while I was sighting in my RMS-Cs.

With your thought of putting a PMM on your XL - as you've noted, the overall length is going to be longer (by ~0.6") than the Macro Comp. Perhaps think about getting a regular P365, adding the PMM and a Macro grip module, and you're at the same dimensions as the Macro Comp. I also prefer the curved triggers, so have replaced the modules that had straight triggers with curved ones. Personal preference there, but if you happen to feel the same way, buying a P365 initially will give you the curved trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top