Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 12:39:36 PM EDT
My wife typically uses a belly band for carry, since she prefers athletic clothes, instead of a more traditional belt holster setup. But she also finds the belly band uncomfortable (and I think it makes for a slower draw than she realizes).

Can anyone recommend a sling bag or fanny pack type carry setup?

For instance, there’s this: Vertx ; are there others?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
What gun does she carry? Most of the gun oriented fanny packs seem sized for a Glock 19 at the biggest. I use a (discontinued I think) 5.11 bag but will probably get the Spiritus bag next; I started with a G17 which fits great in the 5.11 but really only carry a 48 anymore. They have a ton of colors as well, I passed on a used woodland one because while I love woodland I thought it would stick out too much around town.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 11:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:
What gun does she carry? Most of the gun oriented fanny packs seem sized for a Glock 19 at the biggest. I use a (discontinued I think) 5.11 bag but will probably get the Spiritus bag next; I started with a G17 which fits great in the 5.11 but really only carry a 48 anymore. They have a ton of colors as well, I passed on a used woodland one because while I love woodland I thought it would stick out too much around town.
View Quote

It’s a Shield. I think ideally the pack would be as small as possible but it would also be nice if she could stick her phone in it. Thank you for the reply!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Rider_No2:

It’s a Shield. I think ideally the pack would be as small as possible but it would also be nice if she could stick her phone in it. Thank you for the reply!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rider_No2:
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

You're very welcome! Some of the newer packs have a back pocket you could put a phone in, I would not put anything other than the secured gun in the main pocket. It looks like that Vertx has a pocket.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Lots of good options these days - Eberlestock makes one I think, Hill People Gear, Helikon Tex.

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
The Vertx is nice once you add a more sturdy buckle and replace the elastic retainer with a plastic slider on the belt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Combat iron apparel has a few. Bold prints. Has  rubber backing. Inner Velcro placard

https://combatironapparel.com/collections/sack-bags/products/v2-sack-fanny-pack-dump-pouch-cheeta?variant=44284515778787
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the suggestions. We picked up the Vertx one and it seems like it will work well. Just large enough to contain the Shield however you want to orient it, but not so large it will look weird. I hear the concerns about the clip, we will have to see how that holds up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top