User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By airman100:

Soooo... I went to the match trigger link Friday- 184 in stock.
Really? Credit card almost cut me on the way out... 183
Got my shipping notice today, on a Sunday.. TYVM.
Went back tonight.. still 183 in stock.

How does this place still have 183 of these things, for 2/3 MSRP, when no one else seems to?
View Quote

I honestly think it must have been an accidental overstock. They were scarce and expensive forever. Now he has tons of them for dirt cheap. Factory HK sealed packaging too.

He also gives out a gift with every order so they’re not just drop shipping them.

Rooftop Defense is a take on the Rooftop Koreans who went to war with and killed a bunch of gang members during the Rodney King riots. That will provide context when you see what the gift is.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]

These things are just cool. The USP9 is deceivingly small. I always assumed they were substantially bigger than say a Glock 17, but they're much closer to a G19. I've been carrying mine in a Ritchie Gun Leather Hideaway leather holster.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By OSU_Buckeyes:
https://i.ibb.co/L03JX9p/IMG-5362-copy.jpg

These things are just cool. The USP9 is deceivingly small. I always assumed they were substantially bigger than say a Glock 17, but they're much closer to a G19. I've been carrying mine in a Ritchie Gun Leather Hideaway leather holster.
View Quote

That's the big lie that the Glock fanboys have sold for years that I unfortunately believed. I think it was @-OdieGreen- that posted a comparison photo in GD between a G17/G19 and the USP9, was genuinely surprised how close it was to a G19 with a magazine in both pistols.

Those tan frame USP setups look awesome.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

That's the big lie that the Glock fanboys have sold for years that I unfortunately believed. I think it was @-OdieGreen- that posted a comparison photo in GD between a G17/G19 and the USP9, was genuinely surprised how close it was to a G19 with a magazine in both pistols.

View Quote

Well. Sorta. The USP is bigger than a 19 for sure.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77421/IMG_4392-3207119.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

It is bigger than a 19 but closer to the 19 in size than to a 17. For decades now, I've heard "It's the same size as a G17 but only holds 15".
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#6]

View Quote

If you adjust the grip undercuts to match, the front strap lengths are actually the same between the G19 and the USP. What’s really interesting is look how massive the G19 grip is front to back compared to the USP.

Attachment Attached File

Glock doesn’t use flush fitting magazines and doesn’t include them in their measurements either, which isn’t a very traditional approach.

The USP with a jet funnel mag of 18+1 is pretty damn close to the same grip length as a G17 with a magazine. The Jet Funnel adds .65 inches. Here is a G17 adjusted for grip length with a USP to give you an idea. The USP is of course still a bit taller in the slide.
Attachment Attached File

People talk about not liking the grip angle of Glocks, but I think the bigger issue people have without realizing is how high the back strap is in relation to how low the trigger sits. It’s not natural to each downward for the trigger which is the real issue that I think takes lots of practice to bypass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

If you adjust the grip undercuts to match, the front strap lengths are actually the same between the G19 and the USP. What’s really interesting is look how massive the G19 grip is front to back compared to the USP.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3418_jpeg-3207154.JPG

Glock doesn’t use flush fitting magazines and doesn’t include them in their measurements either, which isn’t a very traditional approach.

The USP with a jet funnel mag of 18+1 is pretty damn close to the same grip length as a G17 with a magazine. The Jet Funnel adds .65 inches. Here is a G17 adjusted for grip length with a USP to give you an idea. The USP is of course still a bit taller in the slide.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61399/IMG_3419_jpeg-3207181.JPG

People talk about not liking the grip angle of Glocks, but I think the bigger issue people have without realizing is how high the back strap is in relation to how low the trigger sits. It’s not natural to each downward for the trigger which is the real issue that I think takes lots of practice to bypass.
View Quote

Another interesting and also notable way to measure them is based off the web of your hand and the arch.

I like my USPs all of the full-size ones have the Jetfunnel.

Also the guts from the VP9 will increase the capacity from 15 to 17. It also works on the Jet Funnel mags, although it only ads one round from 18 to 19.

The TaylorFreelance mag extensions fit like a silk glove and turn the 18s to 21’s. Would recommend.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Another interesting and also notable way to measure them is based off the web of your hand and the arch.

I like my USPs all of the full-size ones have the Jetfunnel.

Also the guts from the VP9 will increase the capacity from 15 to 17. It also works on the Jet Funnel mags, although it only ads one round from 18 to 19.

The TaylorFreelance mag extensions fit like a silk glove and turn the 18s to 21’s. Would recommend.
View Quote

Didn’t even know about the Taylor extensions. Definitely picking some up and thanks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top