Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/15/2024 3:02:55 PM EDT
What is the max suppressor diameter you can run and still see the sights?  I have a hybrid 46 on the way and it’s 1.56” diameter.  Does anyone else use the same suppressor?  If a 1.5” can is too big does anyone know how small of a diameter the can needs to be?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The original KAC can is 1.53” if that helps.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By triburst1:
The original KAC can is 1.53” if that helps.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_2240_jpeg-3159830.JPG
View Quote

That does help thank you.  I know I won’t be able to see a complete sight picture but I do want to be able to get a partial sight picture.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the hybrid 46 and no, you can not see the sights on a MK23

Oh well. I just ordered a threaded barrel for one of my 1911's and will get some taller sights and use it instead.
Not going to try and find taller sights for my Mk23 and risk finish damage swapping them out (assuming there are taller sights available).
Plus I do not want to drop the coin on another 45 can.
Much easier and cheaper to just swap out the barrel and sights on a random 1911.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
I have the hybrid 46 and no, you can not see the sights on a MK23

Oh well. I just ordered a threaded barrel for one of my 1911's and will get some taller sights and use it instead.
Not going to try and find taller sights for my Mk23 and risk finish damage swapping them out (assuming there are taller sights available).
Plus I do not want to drop the coin on another 45 can.
Much easier and cheaper to just swap out the barrel and sights on a random 1911.
View Quote

Bummer how much does it insure the sights?  The hybrid is 1.56” do you think a 1.375” can would work?
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scollins] [#5]
The Hybrid is a bad choice for a pistol suppressor anyway, stupid-heavy for that role.  By the time you add a piston mount and piston you are pushing 16oz.  A full POUND of suppressor hanging off the end of the barrel.  Can you do it?  Yes.  But should you?

I do realize the original KAC Mk23 suppressor was a stupid heavy beast too (15-ish oz), and the B&T version isn't much more svelte at 12.6 oz

I get the reason why is because it is what you have.  But it is a compromise design to begin with, and part of the compromise is going to be heavy weight and a diameter too large to use standard sights over the top of it.

And 1.375" cans should work, as that is the current B&T spec for the Mk23 suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 11:58:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#6]
Originally Posted By Scollins:
The Hybrid is a bad choice for a pistol suppressor anyway, stupid-heavy for that role.  By the time you add a piston mount and piston you are pushing 16oz.  A full POUND of suppressor hanging off the end of the barrel.  Can you do it?  Yes.  But should you?

I do realize the original KAC Mk23 suppressor was a stupid heavy beast too (15-ish oz), and the B&T version isn't much more svelte at 12.6 oz

I get the reason why is because it is what you have.  But it is a compromise design to begin with, and part of the compromise is going to be heavy weight and a diameter too large to use standard sights over the top of it.

And 1.375" cans should work, as that is the current B&T spec for the Mk23 suppressor.
View Quote

OP, your limitation is going to be finding the correct thread pitch adapter/booster/nielsen device.  I have not kept track of late, but in the somewhat recent past, very few cans had that weird thread pitch adapter. You might want to jump on the MK23-specific cans available at AU, especially since they are on early-bird special right now.

ETA:  It looks like rugged makes one for their cans. . . . maybe you'll have more options.  Still, best to make sure before you buy. M16x1 RIGHT hand.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigtex84] [#7]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

OP, your limitation is going to be finding the correct thread pitch adapter/booster/nielsen device.  I have not kept track of late, but in the somewhat recent past, very few cans had that weird thread pitch adapter. You might want to jump on the MK23-specific cans available at AU, especially since they are on early-bird special right now.

ETA:  It looks like rugged makes one for their cans. . . . maybe you'll have more options.  Still, best to make sure before you buy. M16x1 RIGHT hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

I know the hybrid isn’t a great choice but it’s what’s already on the way right now.  I’ll probably end of getting a Silencerco osprey 45 since they are around $600 and they are less than 12.0oz.  Plus I think it looks amazing on the MK23.  Pistons don’t seem to be an issue it looks like most major companies offer 16x1 rh.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bigtex84:

I know the hybrid isn’t a great choice but it’s what’s already on the way right now.  I’ll probably end of getting a Silencerco osprey 45 since they are around $600 and they are less than 12.0oz.  Plus I think it looks amazing on the MK23.  Pistons don’t seem to be an issue it looks like most major companies offer 16x1 rh.
View Quote

Osprey 45 is what I just ordered for my USP45 Expert. And yes, SiCo has a 16x1 RH piston available, so you can use that with your Hybrid
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
what barrel did you get for the Expert? I was looking for one
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mew:
what barrel did you get for the Expert? I was looking for one
View Quote

Jarvis.

https://jarvis-custom.com/product/hk-usp-45-expert-threaded-barrel/
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

While the hybrid 46 might not be the best choice, it is a good choice for people like me (and possibly the OP) who simply do not have the money to buy a separate dedicated suppressor for every gun they own. Not everyone has unlimited money.
The appeal of the hybrid 46 is the ability to use on multiple calibers on both pistols and rifles. That was the main appeal to me and was what made me decide to buy it.
Chances are I might not be able to afford to buy another one.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top