Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2024 2:47:32 PM EDT
A friend has an old Llama Comanche .357" Magnum. Pretty cool revolver. But, it's missing one of the two extractor pins, part number 3 on the below image. I've checked Numrich and a few other online vendors looking for this part to no avail. Does anyone know if the equivalent part off a S&W K Frame would work or have a good idea where to look for replacements?

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 2:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#1]
You can try at "Jack First Gun Parts", jackfirstinc.com. They might have some or might know corresponding parts. "Every Gun Part" has a whole kit.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
You can try at "Jack First Gun Parts", jackfirstinc.com. They might have some or might know corresponding parts. "Every Gun Part" has a whole kit.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This looks a lot like a S&W contract for European manufacturing. I would try a S&W pin also when other sources aren't available.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:34:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anachronism] [#4]
Determine which metric size the holes are and go from there. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a couple of hardened revolver extractor locating pins. And yes, they should be hardened.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By anachronism:
Determine which metric size the holes are and go from there. Any decent gunsmith should be able to make a couple of hardened revolver extractor locating pins. And yes, the should be hardened.
View Quote

Yep, I think that's where we're at at the point.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:

Yep, I think that's where we're at at the point.
View Quote

You could probably turn down steel pins to fit in a drill press if you're handy and careful.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By anachronism:

You could probably turn down steel pins to fit in a drill press if you're handy and careful.
View Quote

Or just cut some shank off a drill bit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AASG:

Or just cut some shank off a drill bit.
View Quote

If you can't source - I Was thinking this too!

It had to be drilled with a diameter common enough and drills get ones with good hard steel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#9]
If you can get the size I bet you can find a suitable replacement pin from McMaster Carr.  You could always heat treat the pin yourself by getting it red hot and dipping it in oil.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/pins/dowel-pins~/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top